Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Erotic Ding vs Trump on now. Actually fairly close. Come on Ding lad, don't bottle this.

Blue Jam

Eye twitch apparent. FFS Ding, go and ask Ronnie for that sports psychologist's number.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 29, 2021, 03:55:26 PM
Eye twitch apparent. FFS Ding, go and ask Ronnie for that sports psychologist's number.
He is probably going to end up being the best player never to win the World Championship. I know White was a lot more flashy but Ding should have won a couple by now really, when his game is on form he's as good as anyone but might have even less bottle than White.

Well, not quite, but still. 

Blue Jam

German Masters final on now. Fuck's sake, Lisowski is a frustrating player to watch. Looks like this will be yet another boringly predictable victory for Combing Strategies.

druss

Trump's dominance outside of triple crown events is becoming Hendry like.

Blue Jam

Snooker Shootout starts on Thursday. No audience, so no point. What are they gonna do? Pipe in recordings of pissed-up Legend Garys bellowing "BLUUUUUUUUEEEEEE" and "COME ON THE HAIR TRANSPLANT"?

kidney

Could have the other players at the event make up the crowd as they wait for their matches

Blue Jam

Quote from: kidney on January 31, 2021, 10:43:02 PM
Could have the other players at the event make up the crowd as they wait for their matches

Good call. They could just get Mark Williams and Jackson Page to do it all.

druss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IoxSdN4VHM

I hadn't seen Jimmy's miss against Hendry for a while, I remember it being a harder shot nearer the cushion and also don't remember that he missed it by a fucking mile. Even if that had got in he would have missed a red if he was missing a black off the spot by that much.

Also surprised to see Ronnie in there twice, although he's got himself to so many good situations that his pressure misses stick out. That pink against Selby I will never understand. I would pot that ball 99 times out of 100 and my highest break is 40.

EOLAN

Quote from: druss on February 01, 2021, 08:22:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IoxSdN4VHM

I hadn't seen Jimmy's miss against Hendry for a while, I remember it being a harder shot nearer the cushion and also don't remember that he missed it by a fucking mile. Even if that had got in he would have missed a red if he was missing a black off the spot by that much.

Also surprised to see Ronnie in there twice, although he's got himself to so many good situations that his pressure misses stick out. That pink against Selby I will never understand. I would pot that ball 99 times out of 100 and my highest break is 40.

Had to slow down that Jimmy White miss. Without looking too closely it does appear to hit off the jaws but that is actually a rebound off top cushion a good inch or two before the pocket onto the jaw.

The missed black for Ken Doherty has probably given him plenty of after-dinner speaking anecdotes at least. That's one I actually (vaguely) remember watching in real time.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 31, 2021, 07:11:28 PM
Snooker Shootout starts on Thursday. No audience, so no point. What are they gonna do? Pipe in recordings of pissed-up Legend Garys bellowing "BLUUUUUUUUEEEEEE"

Watching now. They are actually doing this. Minutes of deathly silence punctuated by a muted recording of a lairy cheer and the occasional BLUUUUUUUUEEEEEE. Wow.

druss

Can't believe they're actually playing pre-recorded LGs. Amazing.

kidney

Such a grim experience. Desolate, in fact.

Blue Jam

Canned Gary

Yeah, it feels very wrong watching Jimmy White in the Snooker Shootout without a few dozen Garys bellowing about wigs and hair transplants.

The Snooker Shootout is a guilty pleasure of mine but I'm actually finding it hard to enjoy this year, this is one tournament that really needs the atmosphere.

Maybe I'm wrong here because I haven't counted, but it also seems that fewer big names than normal can be arsed with it this year. Ronnie giving it a miss when he doesn't need the RAAAANKIN' POINTS MATE is no surprise but it looks like a lot of the top 16 are with him. WST should just have postponed it to a time when they can let the crowds in.

kidney

You see the kid yesterday that performed a rap after beating Lisowski? No, that's not made-up.

Blue Jam

Got a link? I didn't see that but we've discussed Peter Devlin before:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,77411.msg4326906.html#msg4326906

As if poor Jack Lisowski needed any more humiliation this season.

I bet Barry Hearn was loving it though. He'd have them all doing victory raps and dances if he could.

kidney

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 06, 2021, 04:46:32 PM
Got a link? I didn't see that but we've discussed Peter Devlin before:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,77411.msg4326906.html#msg4326906

As if poor Jack Lisowski needed any more humiliation this season.

I bet Barry Hearn was loving it though. He'd have them all doing victory raps and dances if he could.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/shoot-out/2020-2021/snooker-shoot-out-2021-peter-devlin-stuns-ronnie-o-sullivan-and-andy-goldstein-with-impromptu-rap_vid1415497/video.shtml

Blue Jam

Final day has been pretty entertaining to be fair. Mark Williams went into turbo mode trying to get a century against Thepchaiya Un-Nooh from about 75 with about 30 seconds to spare. Just now he did a Legend Gary Wilson, holding the rest in the air and still got the pot before Ryan Day snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Being a bit of a showman despite no crowds and not having the kids there. Selbeh vs Craig Steadman was close too. Final on now, you've got eight minutes to catch it...

Blue Jam

Hehehe Selbeh looks well pissed off. Nice one Ryan, the wife/aunt will be proud.

Blue Jam

Welsh Open next, featuring Stephen Hendry's glorious comeback... or maybe not:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/55954728

Haha n00b... Nah, to be fair the last time Hendry entered a ranking event he probably had to cut out a coupon from the back of Snooker Scene and send it in along with five tokens from promotional packs of Embassy Regals.

druss

Be funny if he's just shitting himself and completely regrets ever coming out of retirement. Watch as the excuses get more outlandish.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hendry in 2032 pulling out of the Tesla Pissout: 'the doctors say it is the long covid'

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 07, 2021, 11:02:31 PM
Hehehe Selbeh looks well pissed off. Nice one Ryan, the wife/aunt will be proud.
Best thing about this is that he was on course to beat Hendry's ranking final winning streak record. Kind of want him to win the next one, shootout really shouldn't count but it goes both ways, only had to win a frame to beat that record and now he never will.

kidney

the Welsh Open has started, we've finally escaped Milton Keynes (for a week).

Blue Jam

It's being shown on the BBC site and BBC Wales as well!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Barry Pinches, wow, still alive.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mark 'The 37 year old man from Leicester' just fucked up a 147 break on the pink.

Still have no idea what he was playing at with the position off the blue.

Pinches looks even more like a bumpkin these days, urinating in candy floss machines and tampering with the sights on a carnival stall.

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Be great if he had switched life as a snooker player to become a miner.