Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davebeef2001

Just turned on the box.
Jings, is that a young Dr No Bingtao is jousting with?

Blue Jam

Heads up: Yan Bingtao has just won so if you head over to Eurosport you'll see Ronnie O'Sullivan interviewing him. I'm cringing my kidneys out in anticipation.

"You like Wales? Girlfriend give you birthday treat, yes?"

EDIT: Sorry to get your hopes up there. In the end they thought better of letting Ronnie do another interview in the style of a British tourist shouting at a waiter.

Kylo Ren on now

EOLAN

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 16, 2021, 09:07:42 PM
Heads up: Yan Bingtao has just won so if you head over to Eurosport you'll see Ronnie O'Sullivan interviewing him. I'm cringing my kidneys out in anticipation.

"You like Wales? Girlfriend give you birthday treat, yes?"

EDIT: Sorry to get your hopes up there. In the end they thought better of letting Ronnie do another interview in the style of a British tourist shouting at a waiter.

Kylo Ren on now
Ronnie still in the tournament so have to hope Jimmy White can knock him out tomorrow and Yan continues to progress.

Blue Jam

Jimmy White vs Ronnie O'Sullivan up now. Legend Gary vs Pubes Daz.

Norton Canes

Jesus, Jimmy. I don't think the black's quite on its spot... at the top of the table...

druss

dr beat

Higgins v Woollaston going down to the wire at the moment.  Edit: Woollaston - what a time to fluke!

jobotic

Enjoying Williams v Vafaei.

I like them both. Would go for a Nandos with either of em.

May the best snooker player win the snooker game.

Blue Jam

Vafaei does seem a lot more smiley than your average cueist. He's no Selbeh, put it that way.

AIDS vs Maguire now. Think AIDS may have lost a little lockdown heft. Just about to take the first frame. Maguire raging from his seat.

Ronjo is playing Ali UKIP Carter later, haha.

Blue Jam

Hehehe, looks like Selbeh is about to get knocked out by Jordan Brown. 3-1 down and clinging on in a safety battle in frame 5

EOLAN

Ali Carter out - with non-Covid related illness. Little gap to the evening match now - once this game finishes.

Blue Jam

Oh that's a shame, I had been looking forward to watching Ronnie absolutely annihilating the big Brexity meff.

Selbeh still hanging on, 4-3 down to Brown but he ain't going daaaaaahn just yet. Gwaaaaarn the ginger hair island

Blue Jam

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 04:28:36 PM
Black ball final!
Serious bottle job by Selby. Ronnie or Williams it is then.

kidney

What do you think Selby listened to on his journey back home? The obvious choice is Kasabian but I could see him opting for some Hard Fi instead, just to mix things up.

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on February 19, 2021, 06:38:07 PM
Serious bottle job by Selby.

Fucking hilarious wasn't it? Got a chance and blew it.

Bit concerned about Ali Carter. Health problems being "non-covid" would be a good thing for most players but for him it sounds a bit ominous. I'm no fan of Brexit Barley but I do hope it's just flu or something.

EOLAN

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 07:01:48 PM
Fucking hilarious wasn't it? Got a chance and blew it.

Wow. I could have potted that black. Fair play to Jarrod. Looks like we are going have the Four Nations represented in the final four.

Blue Jam

Williams vs Ford and another one of those situations where the poor ref has to replace a billion reds:

https://youtu.be/54ks4vqtoZ4

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kidney on February 19, 2021, 06:59:17 PM
What do you think Selby listened to on his journey back home? The obvious choice is Kasabian but I could see him opting for some Hard Fi instead, just to mix things up.

It's The National these days GRANDAD

Blue Jam

A 6-1 drubbing at the hands of Jordan Brown and The Angry Scotch Potato is looking even angrier than usual.

Also who let Mike Ehrmantraut become a ref?

Blue Jam

Ronnie vs Mark Williams up now. Mark has prepared with a breakfast of champions:

Gotta love him.

Blue Jam

No Nando's in Celtic Manor. He must be the only player dying to get back to Milton Keynes.

How the hell does he manage to remain the world's thinnest fat man?

Blue Jam

Jordan Brown 2-0 up against Ronnie now! Gwaaaaarn Jordan, give him a proper Cahilling for us.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 21, 2021, 02:05:10 PM
Jordan Brown 2-0 up against Ronnie now! Gwaaaaarn Jordan, give him a proper Cahilling for us.
Jordan already looks like he's about to shit himself.

9-2

Blue Jam

Fuckin' 'ell Ronnie. Has he actually woken up yet?

I wouldn't bet against The Ginger Hair Island just yet.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 21, 2021, 02:26:18 PM
Fuckin' 'ell Ronnie. Has he actually woken up yet?

I wouldn't bet against The Ginger Hair Island just yet.
Yeah I think Ronnie is in "Jesus Christ I can't lose to this guy" which is what happened when he lost to Cahill.

Obviously if at any point he starts to play then Ronnie will win but he looks edgy as fuck right now.

Blue Jam

The Hair Island From Northern Ireland? Does that work? Fuckit post

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on February 21, 2021, 02:39:28 PM
Yeah I think Ronnie is in "Jesus Christ I can't lose to this guy" which is what happened when he lost to Cahill.

Totally. He's looking all too aware he's playing the world number 81.

Also Ronjo is 45. Still playing well but he'll be slowing down before too long and we'll probably be seeing a lot more of him in Cahill Panic Mode before he retires. Reckon he'll quit while he's ahead and become a pundit full-time?