Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,317
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

I kind of hope he qualifies just so we can have the pleasure of hearing Dennis Taylor call him "Joe Yuelong." Xu Si very much in control in this match though! Zhou has been trailing all along, so far.

Blue Jam

Zhou might get a chance to level here. I'm Team Zhou here, it's always good to see players looking a bit flamboyant.

Looking forward to checking out Legend Gary Wilson's attire. The black glitter shoes and whatever mad lockdown haircut he's gone for this time.

sevendaughters

All 4 matches so far in Q3 finish 6-5 (well, Slessor-Highfield is still going, re-rack in final frame) with the higher ranked player winning in each case (Slessor-Highfield notwithstanding)

sevendaughters

Highfield scrapes through, the lower-ranked man finally prevails (admittedly #49 vs #48 in the world).

We'll have Zhou-Highfield and Selt-Donaldson for the right to play at the Crucible.

pigamus

Quote from: Flouncer on April 10, 2021, 05:04:15 PM
I kind of hope he qualifies just so we can have the pleasure of hearing Dennis Taylor call him "Joe Yuelong."

"So the ladies tell me Dennis"

[Ronnie O'Sullivan coughs up a lung laughing]

Flouncer

Chang levels 4-4 against Tom Ford with a century. I'm reminded of the immortal words of some wag at the Shoot Out a number of years ago - "Come on Ford, focus!"

Flouncer

Ford out! Yet another decider on the other stream; Tom O'Connor fights for survival against the Milkman. I've actually seen Rob Milkins get a 147 at this venue in the 2012 qualifying event. Me and my brother were there watching Steve Davis on the next table along when the oohs and ahs alerted us to the fact that something special was happening. He went on to knock Jimmy White out in the last round and qualified for the event.

Edit: Milkins through to the final round!

Blue Jam

druss

I like the Milkman. Always delivers the milk. Fresh milk.

sevendaughters

My man Dott is up. Stop the clocks. Muffle the dog with a juicy bone.

Flouncer

Dotty still comfortably ahead but he really should have gone 5-1 up there. I hope he can keep his shit together because I'd love to see him at the Crucible again.

Flouncer

Following what might be the most tedious drawn-out safety exchange in recent history, Liang Wenbo survives repeated snooker attempts to go 2-0 up against perennial turdflush candidate Rod 'the tod' Lawler. How long will the lugubrious Liverpudlian be able to stink out the arena before his inevitable defeat?

Blue Jam

Marcel livening this up for me though. I could watch Kraftwerk's Robot Butler/Jude Law in AI all day.

Blue Jam

Watching a bit of Jamie "Stout Yeoman Of The Bar" Rhys Clarke vs Joe Perry during the interval. Clarke is like Jackson Page, another young Welshman whose beard alone probably qualifies him to run a craft beer taproom empire.

Blue Jam

Joe Perry takes frame #7 because Jamie Rhys Clarke didn't realise he needed a snooker, potted the balls all the way up to the blue and then looked at the scoreboard and inwardly went "D'oh".

sevendaughters

Big if Clarke can see this one out. From Q1 (where he looked pretty average against Boiko) to Q4 is a long way. I think, might be wrong, no one has ever qualified for the Crucible from Q1 when you have to navigate 4 rounds. Cahill came through 3 when he qualified and beat Ron. You might even back him against Mark Davis or Carrington.

Blue Jam

sevendaughters

Yeah, that's not great. White's a legend but the system is already stacked in favour of the top players of today and yore with qualifying and seeding and all that palaver. Not advocating a cull, but make him bloody earn it.

Lawler fighting back. His average shot time is under 30 at the moment. Remarkable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Flouncer

Smashing plant by Liang to flush Rod the Tod out into the Don where he belongs.

sevendaughters

Really hoping Figuereido pulls this off.

Flouncer

I'm kind of torn because I love Thepchaiya but it would be lovely to see Figueredo qualify! I'll be rooting for him in the final round if he wins tonight.

Flouncer

Jesus, that was one lucky double, especially under the circumstances.

Edit: Bit cruel to win the match on a fluke but fair play to Figueiredo; he kept it together really well and fought hard for that last frame.

Blue Jam

Oh Thepchaiya you eejit.

I love watching Thepchaiya because he's such a fast player but that's also what makes him a bit frustrating. He's too hasty. As fast as Ronnie's but his snooker brain isn't quite as speedy as Ronjo's.

Nice one, Big Ig!

Flouncer

It's an all-bald boot off this morning between Romford hard knock Mark King and the young Belgian player Luca Brecel. Could be a good one, this.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

King could crush Brecel in one clasp of his sweaty gammony fist.

Blue Jam

Luca Brecel is another Bond villain henchman. He's fun to watch so I'm rooting for the Bald Belgian Badass

Looks like Dead Phil's funeral means the first day at the Crucible might be postponed. Great!

Flouncer

Filthy Luca leads 5 frames to 3, leaving the Romford Reprobate with a mountain to climb.

Norton Canes

Are these qualifiers free to stream?