Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

the youtube chat of Judgement Day had a cracker

Nick​i "saw martin gould at the local playground wearing dark sunglasses and reading a newspaper with holes in it"

Blue Jam

Eurosport not giving us the OCTO-SCREEN today?

Is Luca Brecel having his FREE BIRD knuckle tats lasered off?

Flouncer

Ali Carter is getting increasingly sick of the Swiss, as Alexander Ursenbacher takes the first frame, reducing his deficit to 6-4.

pigamus

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 14, 2021, 12:09:42 PM
the youtube chat of Judgement Day had a cracker

Nick​i "saw martin gould at the local playground wearing dark sunglasses and reading a newspaper with holes in it"

Whoever said he knows about all this and it upsets him, was that for real?

Blue Jam

Quote from: pigamus on April 14, 2021, 05:43:52 PM
Whoever said he knows about all this and it upsets him, was that for real?

He has been outspoken about social media and the effect it's had on his mental health, yes. It's made me think twice about some of the jokes on here, especially because he's not a bad lad really.

Shaun Murphy on the other hand can do one.

sevendaughters

I'd never say anything like that about Gouldy anywhere he might read it. A lot of the snooker folk online are pretty harsh, there's no comic play in their insults. Lot of dull stuff about whether Judd = GOAT.

Dunno if anyone saw that little interview with Chris Wakelin but he came across very likeable. Self-critical and funny.

EOLAN

Gary Wilson through. Also quite open abut suffering depression in recent times. Seems to be a rather positive trend to be open about such matters on the tour.

Brazil's finest looks to be on the cusp of elimination unfortunately. Have to see where my rooting interests should go to now.

sevendaughters

found an example of a player who made R2 of the WC itself after being in Q1 - Michael Wasley. Beat Ding in R1, squeaked a tour card, played like shit for 2 years and retired age 25. what a life.

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 14, 2021, 10:29:17 AM
predictions for today

- sadly Joyce will beat Big Ig
- Day and Walden should be a fair tussle but I'm taking Day to win
- Gould will beat Langning by 5
- Hallworth to scrape a tight one against Wilson. Dunno if Gary is fully back after his troubles early in the year.
- Carter will demolish Ursenbacher
- Zhao and Sam Cragie will be close...Zhao to win
- surprise of the day will be Chris Wakelin over Xiao
- Bingo comfortable in the Anglo-Belgian Bald-Off

- correct!
- totally wrong. on paper these two were the closest match but Walden walked it.
- should have had money on 10-5!
- Gary is back!
- correct!
- correct in that it was close - the only 10-9 - but Cragie won
- Wakelin won, and deserved to.
- Bingo was indeed comfy against his Belgian lovechild.

druss

Yeah for the record Gould seems like a top bloke and it makes me sad that comments on social media were a factor in his depression. Also like him as a player, made one of my favourite breaks (think it was at the crucible) where he just went absolutely mental at the end of it, shots Alex Higgins would be proud of.

But he doesn't read this forum, so I'm happy to continue accusing him of dreadful crimes (I suspect the being a good lad thing is cover and I'm feeling manipulated by falling for it to be honest.).

Magic AIDS man and Sharter can get to fuck though.

druss

Good to see Legend Gary Wilson through as well, another favourite. Gould (on god mode) and Legend final please (haven't checked whether this is possible with the draw but I can dream).

EOLAN

Quote from: druss on April 14, 2021, 11:47:31 PM
Good to see Legend Gary Wilson through as well, another favourite. Gould (on god mode) and Legend final please (haven't checked whether this is possible with the draw but I can dream).

Draw on (or being released) around 11 am Thursday. Looks like Ronnie and Ding Junhui set to reignite their great love-in early in the tournament in any case.

sevendaughters

top half of the draw looks nails hard. I'll take whoever wins the Trump-Robbo semi from the bottom half.

druss

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 15, 2021, 12:02:27 AM
top half of the draw looks nails hard. I'll take whoever wins the Trump-Robbo semi from the bottom half.
Yeah, top half is so hard that I'm not sure any of them will make it through.

Blue Jam

Benpics giving Ken Doherty an opportunity to do his best Alex Higgins impression:

https://youtu.be/THyTCpIo9EE

Morrison Lard

John Parrott and this bloke from Betfred most likely have no idea who some of these players are.
Betfred bloke just said "Yang Bang Too".

Trump, Ronnie, Robbo should get through to R2 easy enough, Ding got a tough draw against Ball Bag Bingham.

sevendaughters

Dingham v Bingham is hard, so is the Wilson-off. Other than that seems like a fairly standard R1 draw, fireworks kept dry for R2. Carter can beat Lisowski, I lament.

Norton Canes

Looking forward to this so much. Working from home, lots of lovely extended coffee breaks catching a few cheeky frames. Perfect.

Blue Jam

Ronjo facing another debutant in the first round. Tempted to put another fiver on his opponent but I think my big win on Cahill will probably be a one-off. Much like Cahill's victory over Ronjo.

petril

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 13, 2021, 09:41:23 PM
https://youtu.be/5vPQQXTiR5M

Blimey, you're not wrong.

I saw the Dennis Taylor one earlier, with his "anecdote" about Bill Werbeniuk. Again, more of an incident. It's not up on YouTube yet but that doesn't matter because it was Big Bill Werbeniuk so you can probably guess exactly what the "incident" was.

I like the Mark Williams one. OOOOH YOU MEATY HERO:

https://youtu.be/AP5yqHYX9zo

I do like the accurate BBC graphics

Blue Jam

Quote from: petrilTanaka on April 15, 2021, 04:56:16 PM
I do like the accurate BBC graphics

Yes, I noticed that too, nice touch! Not sure why there's a bloke in an Ipswich Town shirt in the audience- wot no Coventry City Shirt Man?

I have also just noticed
Spoiler alert
Bill Decker
[close]
in the audience of the Mark Williams one- ha!

EOLAN

Just realised that the fourth guy is Stephen Hendry when I just initially took it as being John Virgo.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm scared that revolting rotund crook Higgins will win this time.

Blue Jam

EOLAN

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 16, 2021, 02:41:51 PM
https://twitter.com/PeterDevlin147/status/1383025447836004359?s=19

DEVLIN SPITTING BARE BARS FAM

Just watched the first ten seconds. Seems to be pushing a strong Tory agenda admonishing people on benefits as generally lazy and mean spirited.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 16, 2021, 02:41:51 PM
https://twitter.com/PeterDevlin147/status/1383025447836004359?s=19

DEVLIN SPITTING BARE BARS FAM

Quote from: EOLAN on April 16, 2021, 02:55:24 PM
Just watched the first ten seconds. Seems to be pushing a strong Tory agenda admonishing people on benefits as generally lazy and mean spirited.

QuoteThey say gambling is a mug's game but I don't agree
I make a healthy living from it that much you can see

Very rich coming from someone who quite literally makes a living off the gambling industry thanks to event sponsorship and prize money.

I did have to laugh at his replies to himself @ing all the Top 16 in a desperate bid to make them watch this. I doubt Mark Williams will take kindly to your classism, Devvo. And I'd put money on him being better at rapping.

Morrison Lard

Yup, he comes across as a right sneery little twat.

"I only used those lines cos they rhymed"

He chose either "benefit claimant" or "universal credit payment" first, and then went with whatever rhymed with that.

sevendaughters

Oh yeah in case I was not clear Devlin is the absolute worst

Blue Jam

BBC not showing the kick-off then? Even though WHUUUURRRRR GWARRRN RONNIIIIEEE is involved? Time to get Eurosport lads ;)