Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:19:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

HAHA GET FUCKED SHARTER

opyty

Won't get this kind of excitement in the new European Super snooker league with just Carter, Murphy and Higgins playing every week.

Blue Jam

Nice to have Hazel back isn't it?

Blue Jam

EOLAN

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 20, 2021, 01:56:57 PM
Nice to have Hazel back isn't it?

If she isn't on EuroSport she doesn't exist to me.

Flouncer

Dingham goes 7-5 up against Bingham! He's starting to look pretty sharp.

Blue Jam

Ding looking Bond villain-serene now. How long will the twitchy-eyed dreamboat keep his composure?

Everyone looks like a Bond villain to me now.

druss

Fucking hell Ding, even Jimmy White would have potted that black.

Fuck, I think I'd struggle to miss it.

druss

He's never going to win this thing is he? 15 years ago it looked a certainty, a matter of when rather than if. I don't think it's going to happen for him now.

Blue Jam

*eyelid twitch activated*

Nope, Dingus aint never gonna win nuthin'

Blue Jam

D'aaaaawwwww Baby Ding innee cute

rjd2

Everyone discusses how difficult to it is to be friendly with someone who has totally different political opinions etc....but I'd deck anyone who is cheering on Bingham against lovely Ding even if you have your life savings on the baldy.

EOLAN

For Sure.

That red Ding potted long to start the break I totally missed. Assumed he was going for thickish cut safety and was annoyed the cue-ball didn't end up safe, as I took my eye off the pocket.

Come on Ding kid.

Blue Jam

While playing Snooker 19 once I heard "GWARRRRN STUART". I had thought I imagined it but no, Mr Jam heard it too (I was playing as Mark Williams or James Cahill, probably).

That reminds me, I must try and get a few more games in during the Worlds, when there might actually be some other players in the lobby. Hugely missing the bricks-and-mortar snooker club though.

sevendaughters

this is electric tension here, my heart is crying for Dingham

EOLAN

Slight sidetrack. But was listening to a general sports podcast; where presenters for some reason seemed to be going on about how everyone hated sport. Was a terrible comment in so many ways about how having a load of Chinese players coming through was going to be terrible for snooker. And how you don't get to relate to them or anything.
I mean so much more personality in Ding or Wan BinTao far more than a Mark Allen or Shaun Murphy.

sevendaughters

translators and subtitlists just do not exist anymore do they, ffs. would rather hear what's going on with Ding than most of the top 100.

Flouncer

They're going to get pulled off by Mike Ganley.

EOLAN

What was Ding thinking with that red.

Blue Jam

"You've gotta get your own spider out these days"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: EOLAN on April 20, 2021, 05:59:24 PM
Slight sidetrack. But was listening to a general sports podcast; where presenters for some reason seemed to be going on about how everyone hated sport. Was a terrible comment in so many ways about how having a load of Chinese players coming through was going to be terrible for snooker. And how you don't get to relate to them or anything.
I mean so much more personality in Ding or Wan BinTao far more than a Mark Allen or Shaun Murphy.

Urgh.

I hope China wipe British snooker players off the map. I hope in 2035 they are gathered around taking selfies of themselves shitting on Ricky Walden's corpse and laughing. No characters in the game anymore.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What is there to add except: AIDS

Blue Jam

Quote from: EOLAN on April 20, 2021, 05:59:24 PM

Not to mention Zhou Yuelong and Marco Fu (does Hong Kong count?) making the effort to dress up a bit. Yeah, fuck that. There's more showmanship in Marco's monogrammed "MF" cuffs than there is in Mark Selby's entire body.

Watching The Person From Leicester vs Kurt Maplins now. Hoping Maplins makes another obscene gesture at the cue ball.

Blue Jam

Oh Maplins you wazzock. Aamzed he didn't flip the bird at the pink after that.

Cuellar

"In the tradesman's entrance"

Er excuse me??

DocDaneeka

Yes Selby! I hope he crushes the life out of the whole World Champs.

sevendaughters

yeah bit of a masterclass this by Selbore. I am comforted by the fact that form in snooker seems much more fleeting. Higgins was playing perfect snooker a month ago, yesterday he limped by a qualifier. Think when Dott won the world title he'd been crap for ages and just found a groove.

EOLAN

So with Ding gone, Mark Williams to beat John Higgins is my big rooting interest in Round 2.

Flouncer

What's the CaB concensus on Mark J's break-off shot? He's been coming off the black cushion and going into the pack from below, leaving the cue ball above the black so he doesn't leave a long pot on for his opponent.  Neil Foulds on Eurosport reckons it's going to get banned. Apparently Judd Trump isn't a fan of it which makes me want to support it 100%.