Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

McGill played great. Ronnie a bit off colour but I think the best Ronnie of this season would still only be level-pegging at best with what I saw.

Lisowski surely cannot be helped by that chunky watch he insists on playing in

EOLAN

In fairness, don't usually cheer on Higgins pot but that red was a beauty (while knocking the nominated blue in too).

jobotic

Eh? Didn't Ronnie get three centuries in a row at the beginning of this match or something?

Blue Jam

Watching Loveable Geeky Robbo vs Handsome Jack on Eurosport. Usually much prefer the Eurosport commentators to the BBC ones but Phil Yates and Anthony Hamilton have been giving me cause for a rethink.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 23, 2021, 03:01:04 PM
Lisowski surely cannot be helped by that chunky watch he insists on playing in

Ha, I've been admiring it! Any idea of the make and model? I love big watches.

EDIT: Rolex Oyster Perpetual, found it on his Instagram. Along with this- FFS Jack, snooker players aren't supposed to look like this, get on the lager and tabs and scotch eggs before the WPBSA hand you a lifetime ban:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKKDmGDg2gD/

Anyway, watches: good to see McGill vs O'Sullivan was a Casio-off. McGill with a retro silver one, Ronjo rocking a classic F-91W for a bit of terrorist chic.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 22, 2021, 07:51:22 PM
Has anyone posted Ballbag Bingham's excruciatingly bad TikToks yet?

Here's a Twitter thread of highlights: https://twitter.com/sophiehnnh/status/1384560976742297602

This made me do a big laugh though: https://twitter.com/kendoherty1997/status/1384927722284232706

Hahahahah... I did like the "FOOK OFF, I'M DOIN' TIKTOK!" one though, just the mindless sweary rage of it. I dread to think what Stephen Maguire's TikTok is like.

AllisonSays

No wonder Lisowski can't concentrate on the snooker with a bod like that, fuck me!

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: EOLAN on April 23, 2021, 10:52:42 AM
Less than a year since McGill had a reasonably fine if short head of ginger hair. All gone now. Keep thinking it's Gary Wilson.

I keep thinking it's the one in Arab Strap that isn't Aidan Moffatt.

phes

I haven't seen snooker in about 20 years. Just watched some and it's John Higgins v Mark Williams, John Virgo describing it and Alan McManus v Steve Davis doing the bants. This is what The Documentary Children of Men said would happen

AllisonSays

Also, while I definitely wouldn't say that I found Stuart Bingham's TikToks funny, I did find them quite cute. He seems like a nice fella.

Blue Jam

Yeah, Bingo's alright. Makes me feel a bit mean when I think about how "local" he looks. It's not his fault...

Ronnie's been doing the Williams Break-off™ all day. Solidarity... and a top bit of trolling, I'd expect nothing less from Ronnie.

Flouncer

Higgins did it once against Mark Williams too! He fucked it up and left a red on though.

Ronnie's just asked for his hot water again.

Blue Jam

McGill no longer walking on to This Charming Man. Is he as disillusioned as all the other Smiths fans are about Morrissey?

sevendaughters

Malcolm Middleton absolutely melting down here against Sully O'Ronnievan!

Blue Jam

Jan Verhaas is a big Dutch Roger Lloyd Pack. Can't believe I have only just noticed this.

sevendaughters

JV keeps calling McGill 'Anthony', reminding me of Barbara Royle

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Have only tuned in for the comeback frames Ronald has won. How McGill won 10 frames I have no idea.

Norton Canes

Guy with a yellow duster for a mask. State.

Blue Jam

Just spotted one of the regular vegan t-shirt peeps wearing a t-shirt which reads "HAIL SEITAN".

EDIT: and it's the guy with a yellow duster for a mask. Go on Ronnie, ask the twat if he fancies a nice veal cutlet.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 23, 2021, 08:27:29 PM
JV keeps calling McGill 'Anthony', reminding me of Barbara Royle

"Have you 'ad yer tea love?"
"Yeah."
"What d' you 'ave?"
"SEITAN"
"Ooooh, that doesn't sound nice"

Uncle TechTip

Blue Jam

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on April 23, 2021, 09:20:24 PM
All players walk on music.

https://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=693&t=11109

Lisowski with a tribute to DMX

Ceelo Green and Kasabian. All the #CANCELLED men. Love it.

Mark Williams bagsied Credence? Lebowski missed a trick there.

Blue Jam

Ha, haven't seen a waistcoat foul since I was actually at the Crucible watching James Cahill lean on the pink.

Could be pivotal, Ronjo...

Norton Canes

God it must be worth a £40 annual Eurosport sub to escape Virgo.

Norton Canes

Anyone here ever sat next to a GWON RONNEH at a tournament?

Norton Canes

Right. Got my lemon chili Bombay mix. Come on lads.

phes

Blue Jam

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 23, 2021, 09:57:51 PM
Anyone here ever sat next to a GWON RONNEH at a tournament?

No, but I have sat next to a TON UP.

Rooting for Ronnie here tbh. I'm enjoying his top trolling plus him equalling Hendry's record would amuse me greatly.

sevendaughters

well well well, didn't see that coming!