Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How much is a pint?

Started by touchingcloth, January 03, 2021, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 03, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
A tip per drink do you have more money than sense? That's rhetorical - clearly you do, and not only because you're a pauper.

A dollar per drink minimum, unless you want to be shunned by the bartender in future. Never coins (a barmaid friend of mine threw some at a patron who tried this).

But, drinks in general are cheaper in the US, there are always dirt cheap options like PBR/Old Style for $2 a can even in places like NYC, and they don't do measures like we do here, so when you get a spirit drink they'll put in however much they feel like, obviously more if you're a good customer. The average is like a UK treble, sometimes you're pretty much getting a full glass of whisky.

Pints in Newcastle city centre seem to hover around a fiver. Ridiculous. Same thing less than 2 quid if you're in one of those local club type places.

Cuellar

Would like to know more about fingering cult

Chedney Honks

Would like to know more about London friends coming to stay. Probably single handedly responsible for LD3.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cuellar on January 04, 2021, 04:11:37 PM
Would like to know more about fingering cult

I'll start a thread when I get a mo. It's every bit as mad as it sounds.

Zetetic

It sounds eminently sensible.

Cuellar

touchingcloth

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 04, 2021, 05:40:37 PM
Would like to know more about London friends coming to stay. Probably single handedly responsible for LD3.

I live in Portugal, and they're staying with me as they've left London and Blighty for good. They might be responsible for new lock downs here, tho - time will tell.

Chedney Honks

Como se diz total gravedown em Português?

(Hope all's well.)

touchingcloth

It's londres completa seita de dedo.