Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When do you you think Lockdown 3 will begin in England?

Started by Chedney Honks, January 04, 2021, 09:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Disregarding that Lockdown 2 was a complete fucking joke which achieved nothing, and doesn't merit the name.

I'd like to say between Wednesday and Friday, but knowing these cunts I'm going to say next Monday.

Any takers?

Bernice

I reckon late this week but who fuckin knows. It's possible they insist that the tier system is working and just shunt all of tier 3 into tier 4 and tier 4 into a new tier 5, in the erroneous belief that this will save them face.

jobotic

What would be the difference between Tier 4 and lockdown?

Bernice

olliebean

Starmer's calling for it now, so probably in 2-3 weeks time.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: jobotic on January 04, 2021, 09:21:16 AM
What would be the difference between Tier 4 and lockdown?

Lot of the shit Bollocks and Hancock have said in the last 24h has been gaslighting about compliance, which is obviously a big part of the problem. Reading between the lines, a few different places, BBC and others seem to have been briefed on what that will involve. A change to the messaging/slogans and reinforcement of compliance, likely through tougher measures, penalties, increasing where masks need to be worn.

Beyond that, the big difference would be schools, and maybe unis. I've read several times that secondary schools are producing the highest number of cases and primary schools next. Obviously, a lack of adherence and fatigue and environmental variables and softer implementation for LD2 meant that it achieved fuck all but keeping schools open seems to be the big difference with LD1. My mate works at Manchester Uni and he said they're encouraging students to stay at home if possible, no in-person teaching aside from practical subjects. From footage over the Christmas hols in Nottingham, it seems the young cunts will still be pissing into each other's gobs in town centres but I guess that's where restrictions on gatherings need to be stepped up. Send in ED-209.

Bernice

Another interesting question is how long will it last? The time-limited nature of lockdown 2 was bizarre. I was trying to look up when the first one ended and... it didn't, at least not in one go. Regulations from The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/350) were eased from June, with pubs not opening until its revocation on 4 July and even then gyms and various other businesses had to stay shut - this being 15 weeks after the initial lockdwon.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Bernice on January 04, 2021, 10:15:49 AM
Another interesting question is how long will it last? The time-limited nature of lockdown 2 was bizarre. I was trying to look up when the first one ended and... it didn't, at least not in one go. Regulations from The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/350) were eased from June, with pubs not opening until its revocation on 4 July and even then gyms and various other businesses had to stay shut - this being 15 weeks after the initial lockdwon.

Yes, lockdown 2 (The "Bureau" lockdown) was really far too short, although it did still make a small difference. It almost feels like they made it so short as they were hoping that the second lockdown would make no difference to argue against further lockdowns.

Zetetic

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 04, 2021, 09:51:22 AMA change to the messaging/slogans and reinforcement of compliance, likely through tougher measures, penalties, increasing where masks need to be worn.

Beyond that, the big difference would be schools, and maybe unis. I've read several times that secondary schools are producing the highest number of cases and primary schools next.
I do wonder if a small part of the emphasis on schools is down to testing bias (which is not to say that they aren't important and wouldn't be all the more so with KentViD rampant).

Given the huge disconnect between mortality and reported cases by deprivation[nb]e.g. South Wales, from public data.[/nb], and the extent to which deaths from more deprived areas are amongst younger people, I still think we really need to reliably guarantee that we will pay you to stay at home and we will pay your piece of shit employer to keep you at home and we will tell your cunt landlord to fuck off.

Penalties are close to pointless for all sorts of reasons, but perhaps most fundamentally because no one expects them to be reliably enforced.

shiftwork2

Given that there's now a viable route out of this pickle (even my Trust starts jabbing in earnest today) there's no justification for carrying on with lukewarm tier systems.  Do an extended American snow day and send everyone home until March.  Do it today.