Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson to announce new Covid restrictions for England at 8pm tonight

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 04, 2021, 03:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Our rancid turd of a prime minister will speak at 8pm, I presume on the BBC.

Parliament to be recalled to vote on the new measures on Wednesday. Let's hope they are more than "close the zoos".

Why leave it so late to speak? Will he be trying to do deals with Tory MPs opposed to further measures?

I expect he will try to mention the Brexit deal at least once during his speech.

Junket Pumper

Starmer made him do it. In the same way that I commanded the sun to rise today yesterday

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Are the devolved governments and UK govt helping each other inadvertently?

So far UK govt have been consistently slower to act, allowing Sturgeon to take the credit in her area (while tacitly or explicitly criticising delay and inadequate measures) while Johnson can claim to his anti-lockdown free for all crazies and everyone whose data is held by Leave.EU and the far right data army that he is 'acting moderately and only out of last resort', while hark, look over at Scotland with everything closing....

Fambo Number Mive

If as Peston says all schools will be closed, why wasn't that done earlier? What is the point of sending children back to school for one day? It will have helped spread a lot of COVID around.

Alberon

A proper full first-wave-style lockdown seems the overwhelmingly sensible way to go so how is Johnson going to fuck this one up?

A National address tonight and Parliament recalled on Wednesday so the government seems to planning to at least look like it's doing something big. But what?

jobotic

Quote from: Alberon on January 04, 2021, 03:29:00 PM
A proper full first-wave-style lockdown seems the overwhelmingly sensible way to go so how is Johnson going to fuck this one up?

A National address tonight and Parliament recalled on Wednesday so the government seems to planning to at least look like it's doing something big. But what?

Apologise and resign

Alberon

Apparently the Covid Threat Level decided by the Joint Biosecurity Centre is being raised to level 5 (this isn't the same as the Tiers system).

It was only at Level 4 during the first lockdown.

Captain Z

Boris will try to enforce more of his lefty communist agenda on us again.

Rizla

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 04, 2021, 03:26:24 PM
Are the devolved governments and UK govt helping each other inadvertently?

So far UK govt have been consistently slower to act, allowing Sturgeon to take the credit in her area (while tacitly or explicitly criticising delay and inadequate measures) while Johnson can claim to his anti-lockdown free for all crazies and everyone whose data is held by Leave.EU and the far right data army that he is 'acting moderately and only out of last resort', while hark, look over at Scotland with everything closing....
As I think someone pointed out the other day, the jolly blond cunt has only one mode of governance which is to do nothing and leave everyone (mainly Peston and Kuennsberg) hanging on his every word as the clock runs down, until all options have nulled and voided themselves and he's left with only one course of action. "It was the only course of action I could take!" He'll have been the same at school and uni. Absolute cringingly embarrassing fat sack of useless blustering spunk.

Cuellar

the

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on January 04, 2021, 03:43:49 PM

He's deliberately confected that "stupid" pose in multiple pics at that photo op. Ooh innee a funny lumbering fop-no it was never fucking funny and it certainly isn't now. You can slither away now you politically-dickless bag of shit

idunnosomename

that is the strangest picture i have seen in all my life

edit the one with the fire alarm and the arm

edit2: and the fucking cunt

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 04, 2021, 03:28:20 PM
If as Peston says all schools will be closed, why wasn't that done earlier? What is the point of sending children back to school for one day? It will have helped spread a lot of COVID around.

I don't think any schools have reopened today anyway because the NUT have declared them unsafe and stopped staff going back.

Fambo Number Mive

Good for the NUT. They've saved countless lives by doing that. Yet another example, if any were needed, of why the unions should be at the core of the Labour Party like they were under Corbyn.

Zetetic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 04, 2021, 03:04:55 PM
Why leave it so late to speak? Will he be trying to do deals with Tory MPs opposed to further measures?
4 Nations meeting at 1700 might be relevant.

finnquark

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 04, 2021, 04:09:06 PM
I don't think any schools have reopened today anyway because the NUT have declared them unsafe and stopped staff going back.

Many have opened, because not all NEU members submitted S44 letters (for valid reasons - I know of to members who were named and shamed in a small primary school for submitting the letters), and NEU members don't constitute a majority of teachers in many (the majority?) schools.

jobotic

The Labour Party don't want us. Fuck em, we have to do this ourselves.

finnquark

A parent of 5 Live just called up to say that she was keeping her kids in due to the medical emergency.

The presenter said "Where do you get your information? Because you sound like a Labour voter."

Cuellar

"Protecting your own family from illness? What are you, some kind of lefty poof?"

finnquark

Anna Foster. Absolutely appalling. 'Do you have a medical background?'

M-CORP

75% of England is under tier 4, thus being unable to exercise with more than one person or go out for non-essential purposes. I don't see how the government can possibly go further than just a blanket tier 4 for everyone, beyond that would just be people not being allowed out at all, which wouldn't work or be enforceable. Further tiers like tier 5, as has been rumoured, IMHO negates the point of a tiered system - too many tiers, too much confusion.

Unlike the last March and November lockdowns, we have next to no advance warning on what is being announced. Scared that Boris is gonna do something really drastic, like full-on martial law, dictatorship, not allowed to be outside at all. (Because I'm clear-headed like that.) Surely that would cause just as much harm and people would not obey it - I could stay in my small, dark uni accommodation all day, but I'd feel like shit without going out for some walk. And I would need to go to the shop at some point.

Hilarious to think that just yesterday Boris told us that schools were undoubtedly safe and kids should go in, only to possibly be U-turning barely 48 hours later, by which point kids have spent 1 day in school so the horse has bolted. I have Asperger's and my reaction times are better than his.

jobotic

Perhaps he'll clarify what McVey feels is an intolerable amount of deaths, because we're obviously not there yet.