Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson to announce new Covid restrictions for England at 8pm tonight

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 04, 2021, 03:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

jobotic

QuoteQ: When did you call for a lockdown?

Whitty says the chief medical officers advised moving up to level 5 yesterday.

Whitty lying for Johnson there.

George Oscar Bluth II

I feel bad for Whitty and co, clearly they're putting on a front now but are ready to fuck Johnson long and hard during the inquiry.

lipsink

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 05, 2021, 05:05:17 PM
Johnson stumbling over his words, looks exhausted.

The only pleasure in all of this is seeing how much he's fucking hating to actually have to do work.

Zetetic

Quote from: Zetetic on January 04, 2021, 11:28:41 PM
... many people on reduced earnings for months already, and cold enough that you'll notice paying for your heating....
You can add to this that some people who did have some savings at the start of 2020 will have already resorted to savings in the last few months for everyday spending, and these are now exhausted or close to it.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: lipsink on January 05, 2021, 06:01:16 PM
The only pleasure in all of this is seeing how much he's fucking hating to actually have to do work.

It's really the last enjoyable thing left isn't it. This cunt is Prime Minister so he can make funny speeches and get a massive advance to write a hilarious book about being PM. He is not Prime Minister to deal with shit like this.

idunnosomename

don't forget cutting ribbons on things that are named after famous men from the past. he was really looking forward to doing that sort of bollocks all the time

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 05, 2021, 11:54:14 AM
I genuinely think I would be fucking brilliant at the daily briefings.

Just go fucking apeshit and show pictures of fondant lung and corpses and screaming and live stream someone's mother dying and

YOU FUCKING SEE NOW YOU FUCKING CUNTS

IF YOU LEAVE YOUR HOUSE EVER IT'S THE FUCKING H BOMB

And cut to live feed of an army of ED-209s scything down a load of people having a walk and some 4x4 cunt mobile turning into a garden centre car park BAMMMMMMM LAND MINES

STAY THE FUCK HOME OR YOU ARE FUCKING DEAD

Next slide please

your CV is "still under consideration".

Alberon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 05, 2021, 07:28:54 PM
Same here. What a day. MELTDOWN

He's looked fucked since he recovered from his fight with the 'vid. No wonder there was all that talk about him having Long COVID.

I think it's more that he is just smart enough to realise how badly he's fucked the mortality rate AND the economy. He was looking forward to a Brexit Boost (no matter how fucked that really was) but it's been all but ignored in the ongoing horror show.

jobotic

Remember when we were Bunging Boris a Brexit Bob?

Great times.

Now get the cunt done.

Fambo Number Mive

Keeping nurseries open to everyone seems like a terrible idea. Do nursery staff even have PPE? How do you get three year olds to socially distance and wear masks? You can't, can you?

SpiderChrist

Looks like the definition of "key worker" is a lot broader this time around, that or firms are forcing folks back into work. The school that a friend of mine's kids go to doesn't have the capacity to take all the children of key workers. Another friend (a TA at a school) has told me that there are ~ 5x as many children of key workers as before.

In the same school, all the teachers (plus one TA rep) had a meeting where it was decided that all the teachers were to carry out online teaching from home and all the kids of key workers would be looked after in school after by the TAs. No rota, no defined end point, nothing. This pandemic really is showing people in their true colours, isn't it?

Bernice

jobotic

Look at this cunt and all the twats telling him how brave he is.

https://twitter.com/SMcPartland/status/1346727320023920640

It's really touching that he cares so deeply about the low paid, but how does opposing lockdown help them?  Or perhaps it's their employers he's thinking of.

SpiderChrist

Surely if you really cared about the low paid you would campaign for their wages to increase? Fucking stain of a man.

Fambo Number Mive

I note that he is concerned about people's mental health but voted for measures which will make the mental health of people on benefits and who are on low incomes worse.

QuoteConsistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")

Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability

Generally voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits

Consistently voted against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people who have spent a long time unemployed

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24888/stephen_mcpartland/stevenage/votes

Also, does he not think that the workers he mentions would prefer as many people who can to work from home so to keep cases lower so those who can't work from home are less at risk? Wouldn't most people rather travel on a bus with 6 people on it than 10 (though I'd rather avoid buses no matter how many other people are on them at the moment)

Norton Canes

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 06, 2021, 10:52:57 AM
Keeping nurseries open to everyone seems like a terrible idea

Don't forget that thousands of students, including Canes Jr., will still be taking BTec exams this month. Do you think Johnson even knows what BTecs are, or that they exist at all?

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: jobotic on January 06, 2021, 11:18:15 AM
Look at this cunt and all the twats telling him how brave he is.

https://twitter.com/SMcPartland/status/1346727320023920640

It's really touching that he cares so deeply about the low paid, but how does opposing lockdown help them?  Or perhaps it's their employers he's thinking of.

Brain genius discovers that some people have to go to work. Fucking idiot, that's the point. Everyone who can work from home does, which makes it safer for those who have no choice.

Dex Sawash

jobotic

12:49
Sir Edward Leigh (Con) thanks the PM for keeping places of worship open. He says this shows how the economy can be opened up. He claims only 400 people who were healthy and between the ages of 16 and 60 have died.

Johnson says Leigh is making a valid point about the impact of coronavirus. It falls disproportionately on the elderly and the vulnerable, he says. But he says those lives should be saved.

An interaction in which Johnson is the least loathsome.

bgmnts

The likelihood of an MP voting the exact opposite of what they say/tweet is pretty much 95% isn't it?

mobias

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 06, 2021, 11:05:17 AM
Looks like the definition of "key worker" is a lot broader this time around, that or firms are forcing folks back into work.

Its the latter. The whole 'work from home if you can' thing is such a grey area this time around. If you can't work from home then you have to go into work it seems.  So many businesses are just carrying on as usual. People talk about this lockdown being similar to the one last Spring but its not. There really was an almost total blanket shutdown of the UK last spring. I've been out and about for my daily walk and although the roads here in Edinburgh are definitely quieter its nowhere near the scenes from 28 Days Later that it was last year.

Zetetic

Not just employer's behaviour changing, but workers reaching isolation and financial limits.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteBack to the Commons now. Chair of the Education Select Committee, Robert Halfon, calls for the reopening of schools after the February half-term to be "signed in blood and not just a guideline".

Does Halfon think that we've made a deal with COVID to cease infecting people after the February half term? Scary that someone like this is on the Education Select Committee.

finnquark

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 06, 2021, 11:05:17 AM
In the same school, all the teachers (plus one TA rep) had a meeting where it was decided that all the teachers were to carry out online teaching from home and all the kids of key workers would be looked after in school after by the TAs. No rota, no defined end point, nothing. This pandemic really is showing people in their true colours, isn't it?

Utterly depressing and unsurprising, as Bernice said. On another note, children with no laptop or internet access are eligible to be in school, which is insane. Williamson has said each school needs to provide 3-5 hours of remote learning a day, as well as being open to all eligible students. Parents who are unsatisfied with provision can report the institution to OFSTED, who can then inspect and rate accordingly. I mean...

Icehaven

Quote from: mobias on January 06, 2021, 03:09:54 PM
Its the latter. The whole 'work from home if you can' thing is such a grey area this time around. If you can't work from home then you have to go into work it seems.  So many businesses are just carrying on as usual. People talk about this lockdown being similar to the one last Spring but its not. There really was an almost total blanket shutdown of the UK last spring. I've been out and about for my daily walk and although the roads here in Edinburgh are definitely quieter its nowhere near the scenes from 28 Days Later that it was last year.

Absolutely. I was told to work from home until further notice on Monday evening. Then yesterday my workplace (which isn't my employer) moaned and said other non-essential 3rd party providers are still going in (to which my immediate response was - why?) And today they've directly asked my boss for us to go back in, and she's basically caved immediately and offered to send us in 2 days a week, which they haven't yet responded to. So given we were wfh for 5 months before and a whole raft of paperwork had to be cleared before we could go back in August, this time - nada. Business as usual is expected apparently, which makes no sense to me whatsoever. I suspect a combination of determination to keep things going to impress inspectors and governors, lockdown fatigue, and knowing everything's so wishy washy and ill-defined anyway that they can effectively force people back to work and no one really knows if its legal or not because the guidelines are so vague.

First time round it was unfamiliar territory and stopping everything possible was the only acceptable course of action. Those in charge are more savvy now and have learnt how to work around guidelines and make a case for not shutting down, or just simply ignore them and there won't be any comeback. This "lockdown" is just like the one in November, totally halfarsed, and that didn't work so neither will this one.

Fambo Number Mive

Today's 5pm briefing features turd, NHS England chief executive Simon Stevens and Brigadier Phil Prosser, who is involved with vaccine roll-out.