Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:56:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spice Up My Life

Started by Tony Tony Tony, January 05, 2021, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Whilst chowing down on my dinner this evening (paella fact fans) I realised how bland it tasted. Unfortunately my taste buds have been seared senseless by years of trying to out macho my friends by eating the hottest curry on the menu, in fact I swear I once got a welding flash sticking a fork in a phall I foolishly ordered against the waiters advice in an Indian restaurant.

This means I tend to drench my food in tabasco sauce in order to get a modicum of flavour. Having seen in other threads how CaBbers seem to have had rich culinary experiences, I was hoping for some recommendations to spice up future feeds with quick and easy sauces from around the globe. The more exotic and esoteric the better.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Professor Phardtpounder's Colon Cleaner is a nice one.

I've long since lost the ability to gauge spiciness accurately, but it has a pleasant warmth to it, with a hint of mustard. Good for a wide variety of meals.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 05, 2021, 07:26:38 PM
Professor Phardtpounder's Colon Cleaner is a nice one.

I've long since lost the ability to gauge spiciness accurately, but it has a pleasant warmth to it, with a hint of mustard. Good for a wide variety of meals.

Looks tasty. I'll try a spoonful on my cornflakes.

popcorn

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 05, 2021, 07:04:47 PM
This means I tend to drench my food in tabasco sauce in order to get a modicum of flavour.

I'm a bit confused by this, how's that happened? Spicy heat is just lighting up your pain receptors isn't it, nothing to do with flavour.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: popcorn on January 05, 2021, 07:58:35 PM
I'm a bit confused by this, how's that happened? Spicy heat is just lighting up your pain receptors isn't it, nothing to do with flavour.

It's just trying to wake up the taste buds by any means necessary.

A bit like banging your flaccid penis against the wall in a futile attempt to get a semi. I'm sure you know what I mean?

popcorn

sirhenry

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 05, 2021, 07:04:47 PM
I was hoping for some recommendations to spice up future feeds with quick and easy sauces from around the globe. The more exotic and esoteric the better.

With everything from the exotic to the mundane, far-hotter-than-phaal extracts to slightly tingly marinades, I still think this is the best site to find which chilli sauces are worth getting and are available in the UK.

But then I am biased, having been adding far too much chilli to my food for the last half century.[nb]possibly because of the chilli, it turns out - recent studies have shown chilli-eaters live 10% longer than their bland compatriots.[/nb]

Added edit: This overview of last year's sauces is probably your best starting point: https://spicefreak.blog/2020/12/03/2020s-christmas-recap/