Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dealing with mad people

Started by pancreas, January 05, 2021, 08:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

They don't remember anything and they back-fill the spaces with things they would like to have happened. They don't remember anything they actually said themselves, let alone the things that anyone else said.

The only response to this is to gun them all down.

canadagoose

Dunno if this is "mad", that's just what a lot of "normal" people are like. Pain in the arse, especially when you can remember what happened much better than they do.

Chedney Honks

Been specific, please!

Maybe you forgot to what really happened and your mad

Ominous Dave

Dr. Mijory Marjorie is with me now.

Zetetic

Quote from: canadagoose on January 05, 2021, 08:27:24 PM
Dunno if this is "mad", that's just what a lot of "normal" people are like.

gib

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 05, 2021, 08:29:22 PM
Been specific, please!

Maybe you forgot to what really happened and your mad

i'm really warming to your new avatar!

Buelligan

Avoid people, that's my advice.  Do that and you'll never even need a gun.

Kelvin

Quote from: gib on January 05, 2021, 08:55:13 PM
i'm really warming to your new avatar!

And I see he has a new rating system.

Ominous Dave

If nobody acknowledges my obscure Fry & Laurie reference I will be very upset. Just putting that out there.

Icehaven

I went into our local Aldi yesterday for the first time since March. When I got to the checkout the cashier kept standing up, leaning right over on to the conveyor belt and pushing everything on it back past the sensor so the belt kept going underneath and all the shopping piled up, different customers stuff all getting mixed up and the separators falling on the floor etc. I asked her what she was doing and she said "making room on the belt, it's all spread out." It wasn't . When the person ahead of me had had their stuff scanned she completely ignored their attempt to pay and again stood up and pushed my shopping (only about 5 items) back so it caused mine and the 2 or 3 people behind me's shopping to pile into each other, again falling on the floor and going everywhere. With admittedly much more vitriol I again asked her what she was doing and she said the same thing, this weird obsession with making "room" on the conveyor belt by forcing the customers at the front of the queue's shopping into a massive mixed pile, falling on the floor, while the belt kept on going. I'm not proud but I did a massive swear at her and left, sans shopping, just trying to get out of there before I properly lost it, but in hindsight she must have been having some kind of breakdown, it was fucking bizarre. There were sirens going back up the road past me afterwards so maybe she opened fire, let's hope.

gib

Quote from: icehaven on January 05, 2021, 10:06:38 PMWhen the person ahead of me had had their stuff scanned she completely ignored their attempt to pay and again stood up and pushed my shopping (only about 5 items) back so it caused mine and the 2 or 3 people behind me's shopping to pile into each other, again falling on the floor and going everywhere.

did a lol at this point

Icehaven

Quote from: gib on January 05, 2021, 10:22:20 PM
did a lol at this point

In hindsight that's what I should have done too, it was so weird and mad I should have laughed it off, she was obviously having a meltdown.

Goldentony

bit over the top that shooting cunts

I thought the Aldi lot normally bung the stuff the other way.

St_Eddie

Quote from: icehaven on January 05, 2021, 10:06:38 PM
...There were sirens going back up the road past me afterwards so maybe she opened fire, let's hope.

Filming for new series of Impractical Jokers goes "tragically wrong".  More at ten.

Butchers Blind

Aldi and Lidl are a pain.  There's not enough room the other side of the belt and you feel this overwhelming pressure to rush putting stuff back in the trolley. Cheap booze though and plenty of the mad folk.

JesusAndYourBush

I went into our local Aldi yesterday...

My local Aldi plays covid announcements over the loudspeakers read in exactly the same voice as the guy on the Frankie Goes To Hollywood single who makes the nuclear war warning/announcements.

Buelligan

I get a lift to go shopping with an old rather (extremely) misogynistic English fellow.  He used to humph and literally rearrange the shopping in my trolley, move my trolley, stand between me and the trolley when I was packing, give a negative running commentary to the man on the till about me not buying meat, buying too many vegetables, buying cat food etc.  I took up laughing with the till person about English rugby and Boris Johnson.  Now he wheels his own chariot happily and quietly and lets me do mine, I prefer.

Endicott

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 05, 2021, 11:59:14 PM
Aldi and Lidl are a pain.  There's not enough room the other side of the belt and you feel this overwhelming pressure to rush putting stuff back in the trolley. Cheap booze though and plenty of the mad folk.

They work on the principle that you're supposed to bag everything up after leaving the till. It's easy to shove stuff back in the trolly if you're not bagging it up. I've started bagging stuff up on that shelf Lidl have set up specifically for the purpose of bagging up. Either there or I do it in the car park as the stuff goes into my boot. I've been assimilated.

Of course almost no-one does that, they bag up as the stuff comes through.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Endicott on January 06, 2021, 09:55:39 AM
They work on the principle that you're supposed to bag everything up after leaving the till. It's easy to shove stuff back in the trolly if you're not bagging it up. I've started bagging stuff up on that shelf Lidl have set up specifically for the purpose of bagging up. Either there or I do it in the car park as the stuff goes into my boot. I've been assimilated.

Of course almost no-one does that, they bag up as the stuff comes through.

Quadruple handling though.

madhair60

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 05, 2021, 11:59:14 PM
Aldi and Lidl are a pain.  There's not enough room the other side of the belt

That's why you have to make room.

Junket Pumper

Quote from: Buelligan on January 06, 2021, 08:50:01 AM
I get a lift to go shopping with an old rather (extremely) misogynistic English fellow.  He used to humph and literally rearrange the shopping in my trolley, move my trolley, stand between me and the trolley when I was packing, give a negative running commentary to the man on the till about me not buying meat...buying cat food

Vegetarian cat food?

thenoise

Yeah wish I could just work by staring at my laptop all day and get all my food delivered and never see anyone again.

I went into our local Aldi yesterday for the first time since March. When I got to the checkout the cashier kept standing up, leaning right over on to the conveyor belt and pushing everything on it back past the sensor so the belt kept going underneath and all the shopping piled up, different customers stuff all getting mixed up and the separators falling on the floor etc. I asked her what she was doing and she said "making room on the belt, it's all spread out." It wasn't . When the person ahead of me had had their stuff scanned she completely ignored their attempt to pay and again stood up and pushed my shopping (only about 5 items) back so it caused mine and the 2 or 3 people behind me's shopping to pile into each other, again falling on the floor and going everywhere. With admittedly much more vitriol I again asked her what she was doing and she said the same thing, this weird obsession with making "room" on the conveyor belt by forcing the customers at the front of the queue's shopping into a massive mixed pile, falling on the floor, while the belt kept on going. I'm not proud but I did a massive swear at her and left, sans shopping, just trying to get out of there before I properly lost it, but in hindsight she must have been having some kind of breakdown, it was fucking bizarre. There were sirens going back up the road past me afterwards so maybe she opened fire, let's hope.

Sounds like former Tesco Lifer Pat Bevan's new post-pandemic gig at Aldi has gone to her head.

Buelligan

Sometimes, when people aren't actually mad but simply attention-seeking trolls, the best way to deal with them is to ignore them.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Endicott on January 06, 2021, 09:55:39 AM
. Either there or I do it in the car park as the stuff goes into my boot.

This is the only acceptable method. Can even leave your bags in the car. I just have a few plastic crates instead of bags though. Should have separate areas of store for non-drivers.

Butchers Blind

Trolley bags are the solution.