Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Tattoo-worthy" lyrics

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 06, 2021, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I am not a songwriter, but I like the idea of artists aspiring to have people tattoo their lyrics on their arms, like Holly Humberstone does:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55543585

Do any of you have song lyrics tattooed on you? And if you don't and had to have a song lyric tattooed on you, what would it be?

I'm still debating what lyrics I would choose.

Apologies if this is more of a GB topic.

PlanktonSideburns

i dont think theres any words i like enough to have permanenty on me

maybe some shapes

Cuellar

getting this on my chest once lockdown is over

madhair60

I've considered getting a Mountain Goats tattoo with "just stay alive" but then I realised that is probably wank and also I probably won't just stay alive, i'll also die at some point, rendering the tattoo a lie that will stay on my body beyond the grave and according to arcane Jewish scripture I will turn into some sort of golem. I would hate that.

Fr.Bigley

jobotic

"Ooh aah, I lost my bra
I left my knickers in my boyfriend's car"

But not sure where.

smudge1971

"shit arm, bad tattoo" done in Comic sans

The Mollusk

I've always vaguely had a couple of tattoo ideas in mind - if I ever go under the needle it'll definitely be the Ween "Boognish" that gets done first - one of them being "It takes guts to be gentle and kind". One of the most powerful and snappy messages I've ever heard in a song and words that everyone should try to live by every day.

SteveDave

Quote from: smudge1971 on January 06, 2021, 11:46:34 AM
"shit arm, bad tattoo" done in Comic sans

Lock the thread.

I would have

"And our good times start and end without dollar one to spend
But how much baby do we really need?"

It'd have to be massive as tattoo people don't like doing simple fonts.

Magnum Valentino

Knew a fella had a Dream Theater guitar solo tattoo on a stave on his arm and he was a wanker and so are you. :-D

badaids

I'm going to have Good good good good good good good good good good good good double double good double double good tattooed round my face.

non capisco

Big Bill Withers fan so I'm thinking of having "A LOVELY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. A LOVELY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" covering the entirety of my body.

boki

phantom_power

Quote from: madhair60 on January 06, 2021, 09:41:58 AM
I've considered getting a Mountain Goats tattoo with "just stay alive" but then I realised that is probably wank and also I probably won't just stay alive, i'll also die at some point, rendering the tattoo a lie that will stay on my body beyond the grave and according to arcane Jewish scripture I will turn into some sort of golem. I would hate that.

"I hope you die. I hope we both die"

The Mollusk

Quote from: non capisco on January 06, 2021, 12:27:52 PM
Big Bill Withers fan so I'm thinking of having "A LOVELY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. A LOVELY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" covering the entirety of my body.

It's just crazy enough to work. I mean, I would have never expected this concept to look good but somehow Reid Miles made the fucker sing:

non capisco

A fag butt sticking out of a dog tod on a bed of baked beans would somehow look good on the front of a Blue Note album.

The Mollusk

Aye, give it the high contrast treatment and colourise the whole thing orange, chop the image in half and leave the other half completely white except for a lovely typeface which reads:

Time for Beans on Tod!
  with Fag Butt Adams

Winner.

Shaky

Thinking about getting "Help!" tattooed on my forehead.

lankyguy95

"I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound"

Pauline Walnuts

I tattooed my brain all the way
Won't you miss me?
Wouldn't you miss me at all?

Knuckles of right hand:

P-E-A-C-E

Knuckles of left hand:

F-R-O-G

samadriel

I'd quite like "HOLY IS THE NAME OF MY RUTHLESS AXE" in St Hildegard's lingua ignota alphabet, but I'd have to find space for it.

Lungpuddle

Quote from: madhair60 on January 06, 2021, 09:41:58 AM

The Mountain Goats have so many lyrics that would make for great tattoos. I'm probably going to go for "I loved you before I even knew what love was like" with tear drops between each word, but at either end a bleeding heart, I'll have it done on my forehead and do my utmost to not get sent to prison.

samadriel

Twit 2

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on January 06, 2021, 12:06:03 PM
Knew a fella had a Dream Theater guitar solo tattoo on a stave

Could be worse—could have been tab. Also, depends on which solo. Most would be grave, but there's a couple of good melodic ones.

SteveDave

I might have something by Phil Minton tattoo'd all over my legs.

Beagle 2

Neil Armstong, astronaut, he had balls bigger than King Kong,
First big suit on the moon and he's off to play golf. Hole in one.

MiddleRabbit

"I'm a man now, thanks to you." From "Tattoo" by The Who.

easytarget

Quote from: phantom_power on January 06, 2021, 12:42:10 PM
"I hope you die. I hope we both die"

"It's gonna take you people years to recover from all of the damage"