Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hugh Keays Byrne "Toe Cutter" Mad Max, 'Imortan Joe' Fury Road actor died alread

Started by Bazooka, January 06, 2021, 01:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Hugh Keays Byrne died on December 1st, somehow I completely missed the bad news,and didn't see it here, great baddie actor.

I adored him as Toecutter, and his control over Johnny the Boy, one of my favourite protagonists.

NoSleep

He guested in Farscape, too. As did Bruce Spence (the Gyro Captain in Mad Max 2). And it also starred Virginia Hey (the "Warrior Woman" from MM2).

RIP Grunchlk.

Shaky

Yeah, he was a real presence and it's lovely that George Miller got him back for Fury Road. But all accounts he really relished it.

Last thing I saw him in was the horrible Les Patterson Saves the World but he came out of that relatively unscathed.

Lungpuddle

Quote from: NoSleep on January 06, 2021, 01:47:44 PM
He guested in Farscape, too. As did Bruce Spence (the Gyro Captain in Mad Max 2). And it also starred Virginia Hey (the "Warrior Woman" from MM2).

RIP Grunchlk.

Fuck, I had no idea that was him! Or him! OR HER! And I'm a huge fan of Farscape...

Biting one of my fingers off in memory. Great actor.

dead-ced-dead

He's riding eternal in Valhalla, shiny and chrome.

Also, this is a sweet video of the actors who played the War Boys greeting him off-set with the V8 symbol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF7hGBT6kAs