Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Clap for Carers is back...

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 06, 2021, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

At 8pm tonight I will be doing a 'Clap For CaBers'. They suffered enough this year.

kittens

i'm being forced to sit in a customerless hearing aid shop looking at my phone all day every day because doing so is essential to the running of this good nation. i look forward to receiving my well-earned claps for i am a hero.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

feel like pure shit just want clap for carers back

JamesTC

Gonna do a big wank for all the heroes tonight.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 07, 2021, 10:14:30 AM
"Doctor, I'm having negative thoughts. They are really affecting my mood. I feel cynical and selfish."

"Have you tried clapping for our lazy carers? But only on Thursdays at 8pm for a maximum of ten minutes."
but doctor, I AM a lazy carer!

Bence Fekete

Well they did say it was going to be a marathon.

Fambo Number Mive

I think the Daily Star have misunderstood the clap. Interesting to see them turning against the government though.

Gonna clap for Zara tonight. 4K into the public purse during a time of crisis is not to be sniffed at.

jobotic

Who are Coco and Thicko?

Can I clap for Dumbo? Bilbo? Dildo?

Actually Coco is a weird one.

boki

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on January 07, 2021, 04:23:26 PM
Who are Coco and Thicko?

Can I clap for Dumbo? Bilbo? Dildo?

Actually Coco is a weird one.
Hancock is Coco therefore Thicko must be Williamson

shiftwork2

Looking forward to Eat Out To Help Out in February.

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 07, 2021, 04:51:17 PM
Hancock is Coco therefore Thicko must be Williamson

Cocko would have been better. Big Fat Hairy Spurting Cocko

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe founder of the Clap for Carers initiative has said she has "no choice" but to distance herself from the return of the weekly applause for key workers, after she was abused on social media.

Annemarie Plas said yesterday that the weekly claps, which proved popular during the UK's first coronavirus lockdown last spring, would return at 8pm tonight.

But in a statement on Twitter this afternoon, Plas said: "Since announcing the return of the applause yesterday, I have been targeted with personal abuse and threats against myself and my family by a hateful few on social media channels.

"I did not set out to make a political statement and will not put my loved ones at risk... I am just an average mum at home trying to cope with the lockdown situation. As a consequence I have opted to distance myself from tonight's planned applause and will no longer seek to raise further awareness of it."...

Dutch-born Londoner Plas said tonight's clap - which has been rebranded to Clap for Heroes to show appreciation for more people, such as parents who have had to homeschool their children - has not been cancelled and she does not want to "dampen the show of positivity and unity" for those who support the initiative.

I totally condemn any threats/abuse Plas got, but I still think bringing back the clap is wrong.

idunnosomename

Yeah that sucks.

To be contrarian to the proles:  ahhhhhh i love clapping for heroes!

JamesTC

Quote from: JamesTC on January 07, 2021, 02:43:01 PM
Gonna do a big wank for all the heroes tonight.

That one was for all of you heroes. Genuine tear in my eye.

Captain Z

Alberon

The silence was deafening around here.

idunnosomename

who the fucks going to go out in this. could fall on your arse if you try anything like hitting a bin with a cricket bat

bomb_dog

Not a sausage round here neither.

imitationleather

This is the best thing that's happened for months.

Sin Agog

Must admit I suspect the silence is less a stance against tokenistic legerdemain, and more a sign of people possibly treating this lockdown with the same apathy they did the last one.

JamesTC

I clapped my arse cheeks together but it was cold so I had to put my pants back on and go back inside.

Cuellar

Literally everyone on my street was out clapping! It was amazing! So communal, we really can beat this thing. We clapped and clapped then all shook hands warmly - even snuck in a few hugs with the pensioners next door!

Made me proud to be British :)

willbo

I never thought the clap was officially stopped. People here just gradually got bored of it and it tailed off, and got quieter, till like August ish. I think a lot of people here just thought it was a local community clap for encouraging eachother or something.

It kind of struck me last year like, how many people are connected to the media and know what's going on. Like I knew early last year that people were clapping, and that people were calling for masks and distancing, because I browse twitter and facebook every day, I have local radio on, I read the paper, etc. But not everyone does any of that.

edit - didn't hear claps tonight at all

BlodwynPig

Quote from: willbo on January 07, 2021, 09:06:32 PM
I never thought the clap was officially stopped. People here just gradually got bored of it and it tailed off, and got quieter, till like August ish. I think a lot of people here just thought it was a local community clap for encouraging eachother or something.

It kind of struck me last year like, how many people are connected to the media and know what's going on. Like I knew early last year that people were clapping, and that people were calling for masks and distancing, because I browse twitter and facebook every day, I have local radio on, I read the paper, etc. But not everyone does any of that.

edit - didn't hear claps tonight at all

Had this model of Chris Williamson on my doorstep since the last clap4

evilcommiedictator

Apologies I misread, all thus time I was clapping for Herons

Aaron500

What's with the "Proud to Love Animals" on the Daily Star masthead?

I presume they don't mean they're proud of making love to animals. In which case, who is ashamed to like animals? Hardly a bold statement.

Anyway, Zara looks nice, wouldn't mind being locked down with her, right lads?