Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Worse waxworks than Waxwork Rennie

Started by jenna appleseed, January 06, 2021, 05:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenna appleseed

PlanktonSideburns

Cassandra & Rodney have changed since they sold that watch.

Fambo Number Mive

I like how Han Solo looks like he is from the 18th century.

Is that Elton John playing the guitar next to Princess D?

Cuellar

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 06, 2021, 05:21:34 PM
I like how Han Solo looks like he is from the 18th century.

Is that Elton John playing the guitar next to Princess D?

This guy according to twitter, but tbh I'm none the wiser
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9s_Segovia

Quote from: Cuellar on January 06, 2021, 05:22:07 PM
I thought it was Churchill on guitar

Me too.

eta: just me finding pink bra wearer on the bottom right disturbingly sexy? they look like they'd devour you.
(eta2: I'm not into vore)

NoSleep

To be fair there were much worse waxworks at Great Yarmouth than Rene or any of these. I'll dig some out and post them if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: NoSleep on January 06, 2021, 05:27:06 PM
To be fair there were much worse waxworks at Great Yarmouth than Rene or any of these. I'll dig some out and post them if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

Twitter replies discovered Great Yarmouth, plus Louis Tussauds via the Gruaniad too
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gallery/2014/jan/08/worlds-worst-wax-museum-in-pictures

Serial killer 'NEOL'

Is that really you Mr. Tony Blair?

NoSleep

Louis Tussauds is the Great Yarmouth one (sadly gone).

jenna appleseed

jenna appleseed

Fambo Number Mive

Jasha

Captain Z

I have actually been to the Barcelona museum, way back in 2003. Remember having a good chuckle at Tonty Blair and Mother Theresa amongst many others.

Fambo Number Mive

I thought Dirty Dancing man was Fox Mulder, not sure why I assumed the other was Scully. Maybe thinking Scully was undercover or something. Her hair looks nothing like Scully's but then half the haircuts look nothing like the hair of the people they are meant to be.

Bazooka

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 06, 2021, 06:26:09 PM
I thought Dirty Dancing man was Fox Mulder, not sure why I assumed the other was Scully. Maybe thinking Scully was undercover or something. Her hair looks nothing like Scully's but then half the haircuts look nothing like the hair of the people they are meant to be.

It's Pretty Woman........

Pink Gregory

non capisco

Quote from: jenna appleseed on January 06, 2021, 05:33:47 PM

"We've met before, haven't we? At your house. As a matter of fact I'm there right now."

DrGreggles

BlodwynPig

Glebe

Quote from: jenna appleseed on January 06, 2021, 05:15:22 PM

Peter O' Toole, Fern Britton and Warwick Davis have let themselves go.

Laura Dern and Alan Partridge have let themselves go.

Tony Tony Tony

Ahh Louis Tussauds House of Wax in Great Yarmouth. I would pay a visit every time I holidayed in the resort paired with a stroll up Regent Road (where the place was situated obvs) which my wife always called the street of tat as it housed some of the towns cheapest and tackiest outlets. The setting was perfectly in keeping with the waxworks, which I learned to enjoy after reading Bollocks to Alton Towers by Robin Halstead, Jason Hazeley, Alex Morris, and Joel Morris. The street was a paean to seaside garishness with the pier at one end (Jim Davidson anyone?) and a Wetherspoons at the top end. My faves were the Victoria and David Beckham outfitted by House of Leather directly opposite the attraction...

Not a bad Beckham but not sure about Victoria. Then there was a Cliff Richard that he could have sued the makers for misrepresenting him...

A particular favourite was a tribute to the RAF that featured a waxwork that seemed to have been a John Cleese that got rejected as being poor even by Great Yarmouth standards so got repurposed as some Wing Commander. If anyone has a pic of this one I would be forever grateful.           

Glebe

If you could pick four dinner party guests... actually, is that supposed to be Winston Churchill on guitar? And who's the guy on the other end? The Ayatollah or some famous Orthodox Christian?

The guitarist is supposed to be Andres Segovia, I think.

Keebleman

Quote from: Glebe on January 06, 2021, 09:51:02 PM
If you could pick four dinner party guests... actually, is that supposed to be Winston Churchill on guitar? And who's the guy on the other end? The Ayatollah or some famous Orthodox Christian?

I think that's Archbishop Makarios at left.

Glebe

Quote from: Keebleman on January 06, 2021, 10:03:11 PMI think that's Archbishop Makarios at left.

Ah right. Googled him and he looks familiar.

Btw, with this thread, Welsh Police Horse and Jet Ski Cowell, we've had some start to the year!

Fambo Number Mive

The Cliff Richard waxwork looks a bit like Chris Morris.

DrGreggles

The Cliff Richard waxwork looks a bit like my Auntie Sandra.