Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Worse waxworks than Waxwork Rennie

Started by jenna appleseed, January 06, 2021, 05:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Eggs

Glebe

It could also be if William Hartnell tried out for Han Solo nah that's too silly.

Grayson Perry's first karate lesson holds little interest for ET.

Shaky

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 06, 2021, 11:19:43 PM
The Cliff Richard waxwork looks a bit like my Auntie Sandra.

Wired For Sandra.

greenman

Those are actually looking to recreate the unofficial Italian Starwars sequel from 1978.

Jittlebags

Never knew that Cyril Fletcher played the guitar.

I'm pretty sure the guitarist is Will Gompertz.

studpuppet

I remember going to Wookey Hole as a kid, and being confronted with a whole wall of wax heads who looked only vaguely like who they were supposed to.

I mean - it's a bit like crap impressionists announcing who they're just about to do; if you need to label who they are, you might as well melt them down and start again...

Mr Eggs

Is that Prince William with Jimmy Saville knocking at the door face, Anders Breivik and Maradona far right?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Mr Eggs on January 06, 2021, 11:31:19 PM
Thats a Menzies Campbell sex fantasy featuring himself and Charles Kennedy.

Sue Barker on the right surely?

Quote from: studpuppet on January 07, 2021, 12:19:53 PM
I remember going to Wookey Hole as a kid, and being confronted with a whole wall of wax heads who looked only vaguely like who they were supposed to.

I mean - it's a bit like crap impressionists announcing who they're just about to do; if you need to label who they are, you might as well melt them down and start again...

What's that display supposed to be? Jeffrey Dahmer's fridge?

Glebe

NoSleep

NoSleep

^^My first thought was "Chick Corea".^^

Glebe

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: jenna appleseed on January 06, 2021, 05:15:22 PM
Stolen from twitter https://twitter.com/adam_macqueen/status/1346409670404145152

From the Barcelona Wax Museum

Just realised the Camilla dummy is a dead ringer for Dummy Christine Hamilton.

Attila

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on January 06, 2021, 10:02:00 PM
The guitarist is supposed to be Andres Segovia, I think.

Deffo Segovia (source: been playing Classical guitar for 40+ years)yes yes and boy are my arms tired. He's a hero in the Classical/Spanish guitar world. He was ancient when he finally stopped performing; judging from how his waxwork actually looks better than the others (I knew it were he instantly), I suspect it might actually just be him, preserved in wax.

Although considering, it's irksome that they've not got him holding the guitar correctly (yeah, that's what stuck out for me, considering everything else on display here...)

Marv Orange

Here we have a young richard hammon pre hair dye and robert powell back from holiday

steve98

Quote from: Attila on January 07, 2021, 07:46:10 PM
Deffo Segovia (source: been playing Classical guitar for 40+ years)yes yes and boy are my arms tired. He's a hero in the Classical/Spanish guitar world. He was ancient when he finally stopped performing; judging from how his waxwork actually looks better than the others (I knew it were he instantly), I suspect it might actually just be him, preserved in wax.

Although considering, it's irksome that they've not got him holding the guitar correctly (yeah, that's what stuck out for me, considering everything else on display here...)

Didn't he have 2 deformed fingers on his left hand from a fire? Why haven't they melted his (Wax) hand a bit? Too much bother?

Sherman Krank

^ No, that was Jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt.

paruses

Quote from: Attila on January 07, 2021, 07:46:10 PM

I would like to have £5 on it being Reginald Christie

jenna appleseed

I'm still convinced it's Bill Nighy as Churchill on guitar.

(sounds like a lost line from the Intro and the Outro - Churchill on guitar, Yasser Arafat (aka Ringo) on keyboards & Hitler on vibes, nice.

Quote from: NoSleep on January 07, 2021, 06:05:50 PM

Who would have thought that putting glasses on the Lionel Blair head would create a perfectly-serviceable Lou Reed figure?

NoSleep

Quote from: Marv Orange on January 07, 2021, 07:51:30 PM
Here we have a young richard hammon pre hair dye and robert powell back from holiday

Looks like the boss and one of the other executives (lose the moustache) from The Life & Times Of Tim.

Glebe

RE: Han Solo, Simon Pegg has let himself go?

Btw, Richard Gere's not gonna be happy when he turns around an realises the Joker is pulling his tie.

Glebe