Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

touchingcloth

Greta Thunberg is older than eleven or thereabouts.

jenna appleseed

This thread title is incredible annoying
I HATE YOU

touchingcloth

Quote from: jenna appleseed on January 06, 2021, 06:20:59 PM
This thread title is incredible annoying
I HATE YOU

Naw, I hate you also babe xoxoxox

touchingcloth

According to Pointless, a cricket pitch is only 22 yards long. Or wide.

Poobum

Cricket pitch is not same as cricket field though, pitch is the rectangle between the wickets at center of field. If you already knew this than I just wasted my fucking time and will never get it back.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Poobum on January 06, 2021, 06:57:56 PM
Cricket pitch is not same as cricket field though, pitch is the rectangle between the wickets at center of field. If you already knew this than I just wasted my fucking time and will never get it back.

I did not know that. I thought the pitch was the whole pitch, like a rugby pitch.

Dusty Substance

Christ, the thread title just gave me a stroke.

Zootropolis is the U.K name for Zootopia and not, as I'd assumed, a cheap rip-off or just one of those occasional cinematic coincidences  (Antz/A Bug's Life, Volcano/Dante's Peak etc).

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dusty Substance on January 06, 2021, 09:19:23 PM
Christ, the thread title just gave me a stroke.

Zootropolis is the U.K name for Zootopia and not, as I'd assumed, a cheap rip-off or just one of those occasional cinematic coincidences  (Antz/A Bug's Life, Volcano/Dante's Peak etc).

https://www.imdb.com/title/ratatoing

Endicott

This is the obvious things thread.

pancreas

I don't ever come into this thread, but I also want to register my disgust at the title.

shiftwork2

Thing is, it's anything but obvious.  O2021us Things could have just about worked.

But as usual you went too far.

Dex Sawash

touchingcloth

Quote from: pancreas on January 06, 2021, 09:53:48 PM
I don't ever come into this thread, but I also want to register my disgust at the title.

My work here is done.

studpuppet

"A pitch is a piece of ground, preferably flat, although I can think of quite a few that are sloping at all angles..."

Lungpuddle

I love this thread title, it's driven me literally insane with how much good it's doing. Well done, touchingcloth!

Icehaven

And I thought I was pushing it last year.

Cerys

pitch is the rectangle between the wickets at center of field

I thought that was called the crease.  Learn something new every day, etc.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cerys on January 07, 2021, 09:35:49 AM
I thought that was called the crease.  Learn something new every day, etc.

The creases are where the batsman and the bowler stand between deliveries, known respectively as the batting and popping creases. When a batsman is 'in' that's where they're standing.

Cerys

Icehaven

I think this is an obvious thing I've realised before, forgotten, then realised again, but Washington DC isn't in the state of Washington, it's in New York state.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on January 07, 2021, 03:23:18 PM
I think this is an obvious thing I've realised before, forgotten, then realised again, but Washington DC isn't in the state of Washington, it's in New York state.

It isn't on any state - it's its own thing kind of like how Puerto Rico is, and I believe Biden's Dems have ideas to convert both places into actual states. I'm not sure DC has a border with New York, just Maryland and Virginia...

Pseudopath

Quote from: icehaven on January 07, 2021, 03:23:18 PM

There is a town called Washington in New York (near Poughkeepsie), but Washington DC lies in a little square carved out from Maryland (and is about 250 miles away from closest border with New York state).

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 06, 2021, 06:34:32 PM
According to Pointless, a cricket pitch is only 22 yards long. Or wide.

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 06, 2021, 07:21:19 PM
I did not know that. I thought the pitch was the whole pitch, like a rugby pitch.

Who did you think every cricket match ever was being played by? ANTS???

touchingcloth

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on January 07, 2021, 04:47:48 PM
Who did you think every cricket match ever was being played by? ANTS???

Well I was surprised to learn that what I thought was the pitch but was actually the field was only 22 yards long, because I think Brian Laras is taller than an antshrew. 

Icehaven

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 07, 2021, 04:05:58 PM
There is a town called Washington in New York (near Poughkeepsie), but Washington DC lies in a little square carved out from Maryland (and is about 250 miles away from closest border with New York state).

Ooops! Yep I saw it briefly on a map and my brain put it a lot further north than it actually is.

kittens

the word 'hostile' said by an American sounds very similar to, if not exactly the same as, the word 'hostel', which means that the title of the film hostel, about a hostile hostel, may be a pun.

touchingcloth

Quote from: kittens on January 08, 2021, 12:27:16 AM
the word 'hostile' said by an American sounds very similar to, if not exactly the same as, the word 'hostel', which means that the title of the film hostel, about a hostile hostel, may be a pun.

See also Yentl, which is about a gentle Gentile.

easytarget

The pitch is the angle between the field and the crease (or 'wicket')

sirhenry

Slippers are so called because they slip.

A fact I should have realised before taking the bins out, failing to spot the ice on the path and resulting in a fucked-up knee, a load of skin ripped off my arm and a sizeable lump on the back of my head.

Bins got emptied though.