Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

touchingcloth

Quote from: pigamus on September 12, 2021, 02:03:41 PM
How do blind people know when their guide dog has shat, and how do they clear it up?

They don't, the sightless fucks.

Steven88

Quote from: pigamus on September 12, 2021, 02:03:41 PM
How do blind people know when their guide dog has shat, and how do they clear it up?
They don't shit when they're out, they're trained to go in a specific area in the owners garden and at a convenient time.

mothman

In Peppa Pig, Madame Gazelle... "mademoiselle."

Replies From View

Quote from: Steven88 on September 12, 2021, 09:11:43 PM
They don't shit when they're out, they're trained to go in a specific area in the owners garden and at a convenient time.

That area of the garden must be grim as all hell, even for sightless people.  Why not train a different dog to collect it all up and take it to the dump?

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on September 12, 2021, 10:23:00 PM
In Peppa Pig, Madame Gazelle... "mademoiselle."

These are words that go together well

Tombola

Brokeback Mountain isn't about cowboys in the Old West, it's set in the 1960s/70s.

JesusAndYourBush

^ Also related to typesetting : "mind your p's and q's".

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Steven88 on September 12, 2021, 09:11:43 PM

Dogs are the best, but guide dogs are the best of the best.

Quote from: Tombola on September 13, 2021, 08:07:07 PM
Brokeback Mountain isn't about cowboys in the Old West, it's set in the 1960s/70s.

I assumed this for years before watching it. Homophobes at the time of release were known to say such things as "John Wayne would be turning in his grave if he knew of a film about gay cowboys", implying that it was a proper Old West cowboy film.

It's a brilliant film but I did wonder when watching it what a proper western with a gay love story would've been like.

buttgammon

The soundtrack to the War VHS that's being flogged in The Day Today is clearly a reference to the overzealous music censorship that was imposed around the Gulf War.

Replies From View

In the Old West all gay thoughts were safely transferred to a newborn baby.  Everyone knows this.

dissolute ocelot

As this article entitled "Homos on the Range" says, it's not surprising that cowboys with no women would ride men instead:
QuoteWithout the presence of women, the always unstable line dividing the homosocial from the homosexual—that is, dividing non-sexual male bonding activities from sexual contact between men—became even more blurred. As traditional notions of 'normal' gender roles were challenged and unsettled, men could display both subtly and openly the erotic connections they felt for other men. When the miners at Angel Camp in southern California held dances, half of the men danced the part of women, wearing patches over the crotches of their pants to signal their 'feminine' role.
Also bumming.

touchingcloth

Was gay invented back in the days of the proper Wild West? I always thought it came in alongside rationing.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 14, 2021, 11:57:29 AM
Was gay invented back in the days of the proper Wild West? I always thought it came in alongside rationing.

Rationing was when it became compulsory

Gulftastic

'Get off your horse and drink my milk.'

Replies From View

"Catch my spunk in your hat and slurp it up you cheeky monkey"

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Dusty Substance on September 14, 2021, 01:07:24 AM
I assumed this for years before watching it. Homophobes at the time of release were known to say such things as "John Wayne would be turning in his grave if he knew of a film about gay cowboys", implying that it was a proper Old West cowboy film.

John Wayne was in a film called 'Chisum'

Gulftastic

And Calamity Jane has some magnificently gay stuff.

A woman's touch, indeed.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on September 14, 2021, 06:57:48 PM
John Wayne was in a film called 'Chisum'

*sings* CHISUM JOHN JISUM

Quote from: non capisco on May 12, 2021, 11:38:33 PM
I've got a sort of Mandela effect version of this. I remember in my early teens watching a John Wayne film on TV with my dad called 'Chisum' where he plays a character called John Chisum which is funny because it sounds like a bit like John Jism doesn't it. I recall us both laughing throughout at the bombastic song that kept striking up on the soundtrack that went CHISUUUUUUUUM!!!!!! JOHN CHISUUUUUUM! , the humour arising because it sounded like it was saying JISMMMMMMM which is a word for spunk isn't it. In my memory this was going on throughout, every time he got on his horse an unseen choir of cowboys would proclaim CHISUUUUUUUUUM!!! JOHN CHISUUUUUM!!!. I recall it being incessant, to the point where he was just ambling into a saloon and that action in itself was deemed worthy of a quick CHISSUUUUUUUUM!!! JOHN CHISUUUUUUM!!!. We were essentially waiting with delighted anticipation for the next burst of Chisum to erupt.

It was on telly the other year, doesn't happen at all. The song is in it but it's just at the start. No celestial cowboys are repeatedly bellowing over the action about jism. We just found it funny at the start that his name sounded like jism and there was a song about it that went JISMMMMMMM! JOHN JISMMMMMMM! and had somehow fooled ourselves into thinking it ran all through the film.

God help us if there's ever a biopic about Mel C.

Dusty Substance

studpuppet

touchingcloth

The 20 Years Since Them Slags... thread title is probably based on a Daniel Dyer tweet which is itself probably a Four Lions reference. History does not record whether Dyer is himself comprised mainly of Jews and slags.

touchingcloth

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not sure those two things are related given the 'slags' are the people in the towers in FL and the terrorists flying the planes in FL. Also 'slags' does seem to be a regular part of Dyer's vernacular.

I think he opens one of the chapters in his book with this pearl of wisdom:
QuoteAll the money in the world won't help you unless you can get up in the morning, look in the mirror and be satisfied that you're not one of life's slags.

touchingcloth

Isn't "all the money in the world" that film where Kevin Spacey's character was somehow recast as Christopher Plummer?

I'm pretty sure that Dyer would have got his line from Morris' "Jews and slags" line, though, as there's literally no other time anyone has ever heard anyone talk about slags and towers in the same sentence. They're normally heaps, if anything.

Dusty Substance

Walk Like A Man by Divine is a cover of the old Frankie Valli/Four Seasons song.

touchingcloth

I have no idea what the Isle of Man is.

The queen is head of state, but they're not in the UK.

The UK government provides their military defence, but they're not in the UK.

Its citizens are British citizens and receive British passports, but they're not in the UK.

Erm. Cool?

jamiefairlie

Technically they are Crown Dependencies, like Jersey and Guernsey.

touchingcloth

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 18, 2021, 07:01:22 PM
Technically they are Crown Dependencies, like Jersey and Guernsey.

Yeah, I extend my confusion to those places as well, and I don't know what they are. Countries? If not, what country are they on? Are they like big Sealands?