Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Replies From View

So someone wants to give you a carbonated version of a weak lemon drink, and they need you to understand what it is immediately with no ambiguity, but they insist on only using one word or they will instead launch it at your trousers so that everyone believes you have pissed yourself.

Which word will you allow them to use.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 07, 2021, 05:27:11 PM
Lemonade doesn't need to be fizzy.

If fact apparently no -ade has to be. Carbonation in lemonade etc. by default seems to be a British thing.

But a Brit invented it. Lord Admiral David Effinghole was very thirsty one night and for some reason he had a plethora of lemons, sugar and Carbon Dioxide. The rest is history.

dissolute ocelot

The OED is very cagy on the origin of lemonade. But it seems to come from the French, who use -ade as a jaunty noun suffix for all kinds of things: promenade, charade, colonnade, arcade (which originally featured an arch), or something fun and tasty like marmelade, marinade, remoulade (celeriac slaw), piperade (Basque vegetable dish)... Also for some reason noyade, which means drowning. Nothing to do with fizzy water, anyway.

The Dog

Quote from: Replies From View on October 07, 2021, 08:01:04 PM
So someone wants to give you a carbonated version of a weak lemon drink, and they need you to understand what it is immediately with no ambiguity, but they insist on only using one word or they will instead launch it at your trousers so that everyone believes you have pissed yourself.

Which word will you allow them to use.

I like to call an ade an ade.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Dog on October 07, 2021, 09:13:47 PM
I like to call an ade an ade.

Happy with that.  You may pass.

touchingcloth

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 07, 2021, 09:04:37 PM
The OED is very cagy on the origin of lemonade. But it seems to come from the French, who use -ade as a jaunty noun suffix for all kinds of things: promenade, charade, colonnade, arcade (which originally featured an arch), or something fun and tasty like marmelade, marinade, remoulade (celeriac slaw), piperade (Basque vegetable dish)... Also for some reason noyade, which means drowning. Nothing to do with fizzy water, anyway.

What do they call it if someone drowns in Perrier?

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 07, 2021, 10:03:29 PM

The Grand Prix

The Dog

Dex Sawash

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 07, 2021, 10:03:29 PM

Died of ades?

Paul Calf

touchingcloth

"Noyade" sounds like a soft drink by Wayne and Garth.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 08, 2021, 07:50:31 AM
"Noyade" sounds like a soft drink by Wayne and Garth.

Or the current presenter of the Crystal Maze

touchingcloth

Why has that IT Crowd Dean Learner travelling fuckwit not yet capitalised on his and released his own pop?

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 08, 2021, 08:08:23 AM
Why has that IT Crowd Dean Learner travelling fuckwit not yet capitalised on his and released his own pop?

He's fought all his life against that pronunciation of his surname.

touchingcloth

Well he could at least release Ayoade's Lemona-de, the cunt.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 08, 2021, 08:11:24 AM
Well he could at least release Ayoade's Lemona-de, the cunt.

Hates lemons

touchingcloth

Well he could make Irn-Bru then, couldn't he. Fucking hell.

Icehaven

Quote from: lazyhour on October 07, 2021, 05:23:31 PM
I think it *should* apply to fizzy drinks only. What was the non-fizzy "ade"?

Carton of lemonade in Sainsbury's. Opened it expecting it to be fizzy, it was not, looked up whether -ade meant fizzy, learned it did not.

Icehaven

Sam Rockwell and Eric McCormack aren't the same person.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on October 08, 2021, 07:44:01 PM
Sam Rockwell and Eric McCormack aren't the same person.

Can I just shock you? They are.

pigamus

touchingcloth

Quote from: pigamus on October 13, 2021, 07:29:48 PM
Black wasn't black.

Of Wonderful Life fame? He was my proudest ever pick for the annual deadpools if so.

olliebean

The "hero" shot of Buffy at the end of the opening credits for season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is not actually Buffy, but the Buffybot that Spike got Warren to make for him.

touchingcloth

Hipsters in the sense of angelheaded hipster doofuses are a different thing to the types of no-plates cereal twats you get these days.

MojoJojo

Quote from: olliebean on October 13, 2021, 09:39:36 PM
The "hero" shot of Buffy at the end of the opening credits for season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is not actually Buffy, but the Buffybot that Spike got Warren to make for him.

Coincidentally played by the same actress.

olliebean

Quote from: MojoJojo on October 14, 2021, 11:10:05 AM
Coincidentally played by the same actress.

Yes, it was a stroke of luck that they'd cast someone who looked so much like herself.

touchingcloth

Test tube babies are only fertilised in the tube.

mothman

I was, in the parlance, today years old when I learned the origin of the term "stan." I am available should anyone feel the need for a dunce to check out.

touchingcloth

Enlighten me. I fucking loath it when cunts say it. Is it transitive or intransitive? Is it good, bad, or indifferent? Why is the modern world so SHIT