Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: mothman on October 14, 2021, 09:55:01 PM
I was, in the parlance, today years old when I learned the origin of the term "stan." I am available should anyone feel the need for a dunce to check out.

I didn't know it was a term. I've honestly never heard it or seen it used. I've just looked up the meaning and I'm guessing it's Eminem related? Has it been used since that song came out, and I've just been blissfully ignorant for two decades?

Tombola

Quote from: olliebean on October 13, 2021, 09:39:36 PM
The "hero" shot of Buffy at the end of the opening credits for season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is not actually Buffy, but the Buffybot that Spike got Warren to make for him.

And the hero shot for season 7 is not actually Buffy, but The First Evil in the guise of Buffy.

It must mean something...

mothman

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 14, 2021, 10:26:00 PM
Enlighten me. I fucking loath it when cunts say it. Is it transitive or intransitive? Is it good, bad, or indifferent? Why is the modern world so SHIT

It's from
Spoiler alert
"Stan" by Eminem - a song about an ardent, or rather obsessive, fan
[close]

EDIT: in further duncery, I didn't see that ATrev had answered you already.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Tombola on October 14, 2021, 11:04:26 PM
And the hero shot for season 7 is not actually Buffy, but The First Evil in the guise of Buffy.

It must mean something...
It was one of the standard criticisms of Gellar that she was much keener at playing the villains than actually being Buffy in the later series. She seemed to hate a lot of the storylines from season 6 especially, but was always great as the Buffybot and possibly having fun as the First Evil.

phantom_power

It is pretty understandable that she would get bored of playing that character after a while and want to play around with it sometimes

touchingcloth

Frankly it's a mark of good character that someone could work for five whole seasons with Joss Whedon before deciding to take liberties in retaliation.

popcorn

Jeff from Peep Show was not played by Lee Mack.

Steven88

Quote from: popcorn on October 15, 2021, 01:27:15 PM
Jeff from Peep Show was not played by Lee Mack.
Ray Von from Phoenix Nights.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Steven88 on October 15, 2021, 01:34:42 PM
Ray Von from Phoenix Nights.

Forklift driver from The Office.

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

"Candle in the Wind 1997" is quite a disrespectful title to give to a song commemorating the death of a supposedly close friend.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 14, 2021, 09:02:31 PM
Test tube babies are only fertilised in the tube.

Steve Coogan had to research about this when preparing for his current role.

touchingcloth

I'm not sure I've ever drawn a pound symbol before. I just had a need to draw a pound symbol, before putting pencil to paper and being like, wait, what?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 16, 2021, 01:16:26 PM
"Candle in the Wind 1997" is quite a disrespectful title to give to a song commemorating the death of a supposedly close friend.

True, should have been called Biker In The Way.

touchingcloth

Quote from: jamiefairlie on October 21, 2021, 05:15:15 PM
True, should have been called Biker In The Way.

The Doors consider rewrite, naturally.

SpiderChrist

Grumbleweeds is a play on tumbleweeds.

Fucking hell.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 21, 2021, 05:02:23 PM
I'm not sure I've ever drawn a pound symbol before. I just had a need to draw a pound symbol, before putting pencil to paper and being like, wait, what?

Same here. I'm the same way with treble clefs. My music teacher at school photocopied and enlarged one of my treble clefs and stuck it to the board as an example of how not to do it.

Paul Calf

I've also just realised that the way we werre taught to memorise the notes on the staff lines for the treble clef:

Every
Good
Boy
Deserves
Food

wouldn't look out of place on a mural at fucking Auschwitz.

olliebean

I was taught "Every Good Boy Deserves Football," which is crap for me because I bloody hate football. The food one is better because it's clearly talking about a dog.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 22, 2021, 08:28:57 AM
I've also just realised that the way we werre taught to memorise the notes on the staff lines for the treble clef:

Every
Good
Boy
Deserves
Food

wouldn't look out of place on a mural at fucking Auschwitz.

This popped into my head a couple of days ago, weirdly, as well as the food/football variations and the fact I always hated football.

Annoyed me so much I ended up just teaching myself E G B D F, like that, and I have remembered it to this day.

Replies From View

What mnemonic did people use to remember the order of the planets?

We had a science lesson at secondary school where we were told to come up with our own mnemonics, but before this the teacher said "for example Mr Veale Eats Marsbars Jumping Sideways Under Neath Plates".  Mr Veale was the technology teacher, and him and the science teacher had a kind of buddy-enemies relationship going on like Glebe and popcorn on CaB.  Anyway he said that, and I was immediately unable to come up with an alternative to it, and it still comes to mind whenever I think about the order of the planets.

Nowadays, of course, the word "plates" would be out.  Jumping Sideways Under Neath

Replies From View

Quote from: Replies From View on October 22, 2021, 12:12:14 PM
This popped into my head a couple of days ago, weirdly, as well as the food/football variations and the fact I always hated football.

Annoyed me so much I ended up just teaching myself E G B D F, like that, and I have remembered it to this day.

Quoting to add:  no problem with the notion of all cows eating grass, though.  They pretty much do unless some have been left out.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Replies From View on October 22, 2021, 12:17:32 PM

The planet names all  begin with the same letter as their names begin with so you can just use the words that represent the name of each planet

touchingcloth

"Favour" was the F in my mnemonic, though you're flying close to the wind of Nazism regardless of the specifics of what you think good boys deserve.

buttgammon

We had a science lesson at secondary school where we were told to come up with our own mnemonics, but before this the teacher said "for example Mr Veale Eats Marsbars Jumping Sideways Under Neath Plates".  Mr Veale was the technology teacher, and him and the science teacher had a kind of buddy-enemies relationship going on like Glebe and popcorn on CaB.  Anyway he said that, and I was immediately unable to come up with an alternative to it, and it still comes to mind whenever I think about the order of the planets.

Nowadays, of course, the word "plates" would be out.  Jumping Sideways Under Neath

Many Vicars Eat Mouldy Jam, Smelling Unusually Nasty. Phew!

kalowski

Quote from: Replies From View on October 22, 2021, 12:12:14 PM

Every Good Boy Deserves Favour surely?

kalowski

I was talking to my daughter about this yesterday and she said, "Why not just learn the names of the planets in order instead of having to remember a strange sentence?"

Cuellar

My Very Easy Method and then I forget the rest

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: kalowski on October 22, 2021, 01:19:18 PM
Every Good Boy Deserves Favour surely?

Favour was the one I was told too.
As a kid I was never aware of a mnemonic to remember the planets, but I was obsessed with space and planets and was able to remember them so wouldn't have needed one anyway.
I remember someone telling me a racist mnemonic to remember the order of the colours of resistors.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Cuellar on October 22, 2021, 01:23:57 PM
My Very Easy Method and then I forget the rest

I made up a marching song for my children to memorise before they were taken into care.

♩ The first planet doesn't begin with an A
The first planet doesn't begin with a B
The first planet doesn't begin with a C
The first planet doesn't begin with a D
The first planet doesn't begin with an E
The first planet doesn't begin with an F
The first planet doesn't begin with a G
The first planet doesn't begin with an H
The first planet doesn't begin with an I
The first planet doesn't begin with a J
The first planet doesn't begin with a K
The first planet doesn't begin with an L
The first planet does begin with an M - Mercury!  ♫

The second planet doesn't begin with an A... etc.

NB  For the fourth verse you have to add "but it's not Mercury" in the last line.