Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Icehaven

Quote from: Dusty Substance on February 18, 2021, 05:51:35 PM
Seven weeks later and the thread title still threatens to give me an epileptic fit every time I glance at it.

Thanks to a recent episode of The Best Show, it's only just been made apparent to me that these types of novelty pop star mirrors that were big in the 70s and early 80s were sold and used as coke mirrors: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1977-bee-gees-mirror-11-8-1900893859 rather than just for decoration use.

A few years ago I bought a Bee Gees mirror from a chazza, similar to the one in the above link, which still hangs on my wall. I'm no innocent angel when it comes to cocaine but the true purpose of these mirrirs never dawned on me until just a couple of days ago.

This is a probably obvious thing I still haven't realised but why do people use mirrors to take coke? Is it just because it's a handy flat, smooth surface or do they enjoy both the illusion that they're taking twice as much as they actually are and being able to see up their own nose while doing so?

Paul Calf

It increases the visibility of the cocaine, which is quite useful when you're paying up to £80 a gram for it.

You can chop cocaine on plain glass, but it's harder to see. Anything that's porous or damp will absorb it.

petril

by the 90s they'd gone next level and the mirrors just had pictures of joints and ganja leaves and that

NoSleep

Quote from: icehaven on February 24, 2021, 09:54:32 AM
This is a probably obvious thing I still haven't realised but why do people use mirrors to take coke? Is it just because it's a handy flat, smooth surface or do they enjoy both the illusion that they're taking twice as much as they actually are and being able to see up their own nose while doing so?

It's not only a handy surface but it works well with a razor blade to make sure nothing goes to waste (including any gunk that was previously stuck to the mirror, like the fallout from coughs and sneezes).

You can clean aquarium glass (or any window) using a razor blade similarly.

phantom_power

Quote from: Dusty Substance on February 23, 2021, 08:07:20 PM
Never seen it but I've long been aware of a film called Irma Vep (from 1996), but I only realised today that it's an anagram of "vampire". I'm usually shit hot with noticing anagrams.

It is about someone trying to remake the 1926 film Les Vampires and that is the cunningly titled name of the main character in that

touchingcloth

Centipedes don't look like what I imagined.

NoSleep

Cerys

Maybe you were imagining one more like this -

NoSleep

petril

Paul Calf

I'd totally forgotten that Simon Pegg was in that.

phes

It's Ace of Base not Ace of Bass and the story behind their name is shit

(Paraphrasing - I was hung over and thought of ace of spades, there were four of us, like aces, and this (the studio) was our base)

Paul Calf

That's almost as bad as Kajagoogoo's origin naming story. I remeber hearing Limahl explaining it during a TV interview when I was 10 or 11 years old and thinking it was a load of old tot.

"We thought, what sort of sound would a baby make, like, gag-ga goo-goo."

It's so shit that I suspect this is a fake history and it was pulled out of the arse of some cokehead record exec.

touchingcloth

Quote from: phes on February 26, 2021, 06:43:38 AM
It's Ace of Base

Jumping off from this single word, an 020210us thing I've only just realised I don't realise is the base system of getting off with people and popping appendages up their holes. Not a scooby which base is first, and what the highest possible base is. 19th base = donkey punched by a lickout twin?

olliebean

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 26, 2021, 03:28:45 PM
Jumping off from this single word, an 020210us thing I've only just realised I don't realise is the base system of getting off with people and popping appendages up their holes. Not a scooby which base is first, and what the highest possible base is. 19th base = donkey punched by a lickout twin?

I understand all the individual words of this post...

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on February 26, 2021, 06:56:39 PM
I understand all the individual words of this post...

Spoken like a someone who's never got past nth base.

Icehaven

Shakin' Stevens got famous by playing Elvis in a musical about Elvis called "Elvis!" Makes sense.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 26, 2021, 08:35:41 PM
Spoken like a someone who's never got past nth base.

Are you positing a theoretical baseball with N+1 bases? This is genuinely quite an interesting idea.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 26, 2021, 09:37:23 PM
Are you positing a theoretical baseball with N+1 bases? This is genuinely quite an interesting idea.

No, it's the baseball rink which has the bases, you cretin.

Ferris

petril

Quote from: icehaven on February 26, 2021, 09:29:06 PM
Shakin' Stevens got famous by playing Elvis in a musical about Elvis called "Elvis!" Makes sense.

at the end, he said he really was so very truly sorry

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 26, 2021, 11:25:03 PM
Well, is my face red.

It's an easy mistake to make cretin hun. A lot of people think that because it's called bases ball that it's a ball of bases, but in fact the bases are actually part of the circuit. Another little-known fact is that "base" actually rhymes with "mass".

sirhenry

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 27, 2021, 06:50:35 AM
It's an easy mistake to make cretin hun. A lot of people think that because it's called bases ball that it's a ball of bases, but in fact the bases are actually part of the circuit. Another little-known fact is that "base" actually rhymes with "mass".
So it's pronounced 'Ass of Bass'? Well, my face is read.

touchingcloth

Quote from: sirhenry on February 27, 2021, 07:43:57 AM

It's pronounced Æ OF BÆ after our favourite space ball.

Sonny_Jim

The nicknames callsigns in Top Gun refer to their character traits.  Maverick is a loose cannon, Ice man is cold toward other people, Goose is just a silly goose.  Marcus "Sundown" Williams is a little bit too on the nose though.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 27, 2021, 06:50:35 AM

Fucking hell I need to rethink a few things.

olliebean

Quote from: sirhenry on February 27, 2021, 07:43:57 AM

"Arse of Barse," if you please. We're not Americans.

Dusty Substance

Wired magazine is a different publication to The Wire.

Cerys

Quote from: olliebean on February 27, 2021, 02:29:49 PM
"Arse of Barse," if you please. We're not Americans.

Bum of Thrum