Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 07, 2021, 04:36:35 PM
Venice is like some sort of island or shit

I hope that Venice becomes completely submerged within my own lifetime.

They predict 2100 but that will be too late for me unless I live to at least 121  :(

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 07, 2021, 05:12:12 PM
I mean 0bviously I knew it was all canals and that. I thought it was just a coastal city. Attached to the rest of the coast.

Basically I've gone through my whole life never having looked at a map of Venice.
There are bridges to the mainland. The railway bridge is 3.6 km long and was built in 1846, which is quite impressive.

pigamus

Ghostbusters

"Bustin' makes me feel good"

Oh yeah I see.

Ferris

Oval is from the Latin "ovum" for egg.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 08, 2021, 07:39:48 PM
Oval is from the Latin "ovum" for egg.

And grovel is from the Latin for Gregg.

touchingcloth

Michael Jackson was a full nonce.

I've always known this, of course, but watching Leaving Neverland has made me internalise[nb]User mook's beloved internals being one of the issues at hand[nb]Slash in hand[nb]Slash in mouth[/nb][/nb][/nb] it.

seepage

I internalised it once Robin Williams did his 'If you go to Neverland, it says: "You must be this high to ride Michael"' joke about 20 years ago.

touchingcloth

Quote from: seepage on April 10, 2021, 01:54:27 PM
I internalised it once Robin Williams did his 'If you go to Neverland, it says: "You must be this high to ride Michael"' joke about 20 years ago.

I think for me it's a combination of it being fuel for jokes since as long as I can remember, but also his PR line of "I didn't have a childhood" being effective. Until watching the documentary I think I just viewed him as being a creep but for understandable reasons, and if pushed I would probably have said that he'd never sexually assaulted any children.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 01:36:22 PM
Michael Jackson was a full nonce.

I've always known this, of course, but watching Leaving Neverland has made me internalise

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 02:01:05 PM
I think for me it's a combination of it being fuel for jokes since as long as I can remember, but also his PR line of "I didn't have a childhood" being effective. Until watching the documentary I think I just viewed him as being a creep but for understandable reasons, and if pushed I would probably have said that he'd never sexually assaulted any children.

We all fell for it. I think it's said in that very documentary (more akin to a horror film tbh) that he groomed the entire world.

Jacko was seen as such a weirdo for so long, that it seemed the general consensus was that he might just have some kink for 'just' touching boys or some sort of 'lesser', but still fucking disgusting, crime. The fact that there were so many jokes made about him kind of made it weirdly 'acceptable' ("What time is bedtime in Neverland? When the big hand touches the little hand etc"), whereas jokes about Gary Glitter were never acceptable.

It wasn't until watching Leaving Neverland that it occurred to a lot of us that, of course, he was an actual child rapist.

Dusty Substance

This probably isn't all that obvious, but it's not 'fuck my hat' level of amazingness either, but I never knew until the other day that Tom Stoppard was born in Czechoslovakia and had always assumed he was the type to have been born into a wealthy British family and had attended Oxbridge but, no, he left education at 17 and worked as a journalist before becoming a playwright.

He also had an affair with Felicity Kendal, the fucking ledge.

touchingcloth

The lessons of "nine lessons and carols" fame are just readings from the bible.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Dusty Substance on April 10, 2021, 06:17:00 PM
This probably isn't all that obvious, but it's not 'fuck my hat' level of amazingness either, but I never knew until the other day that Tom Stoppard was born in Czechoslovakia and had always assumed he was the type to have been born into a wealthy British family and had attended Oxbridge but, no, he left education at 17 and worked as a journalist before becoming a playwright.

He also had an affair with Felicity Kendal, the fucking ledge.
well its kinda obvious in that plays like Professional Foul are filled to the brim with Czech politics

idunnosomename

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 06:20:52 PM
The lessons of "nine lessons and carols" fame are just readings from the bible.
also the service was completely invented in 1880, (first performed in Truro) and only really popularised via King's and the BBC from 1918.

Lesson just comes from "lection" and is just any reading of a passage from the scriptures in the liturgy. Most church services have two or three. You only have something like nine in the Easter vigil and hence why along with all the other stuff that needs to be done that takes for fucking ever.

Dex Sawash

After starting the process of poking my wife with increasingly shitty sticks in an attempt to awaken her and take her breakfast order at 7:40 before I leave work, I realized with some gentle correction from her that today is Sunday.

Ferris

Colm Meany isn't the same as Brendan Gleeson.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 11, 2021, 02:43:37 PM
Colm Meany isn't the same as Brendan Gleeson.

I'd say they're fungible.

Sebastian Cobb

I could imagine Brendan as Jimmy Rabbitte Snr but not as Captain O'Brien.

touchingcloth

Replies From View

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on April 12, 2021, 03:43:52 PM
what is?

The place I've heard referenced in US media which has always sounded to me like "cinnabun".

Dex Sawash

There is another mall bunnery called Cinnamonster that I walked past many times before I realized it wasn't called Chinamonster. They make bread pudding out of yesterday's rolls, this is probably the densest foodstuff I've ever eaten.

Dusty Substance

Brockhampton isn't a solo artist, they're a group.

Christ, I'm sat here alone going red with embarrassment, cringing as I try to remember if I've referred to them as "he/him" in conversation with friends too polite to correct me.

It's like Four Tet from 2004 all over again, except in reverse.

touchingcloth

Cuban cigars are still illegal in the US. I thought that was something that only happened on telly.

imitationleather

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 14, 2021, 10:24:55 PM
Cuban cigars are still illegal in the US. I thought that was something that only happened on telly.

There's a booming trade of smuggling Cuban cigars in to the US in innocent-looking medicinal marijuana boxes. Probably.

buttgammon

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 14, 2021, 10:24:55 PM

Really? I assumed all that ended when the Yanks allowed travel to Cuba again.

It seems ridiculous; not only does it seem to make the cigars more appealing to Americans (if popular culture is anything to go by), the idea of someone shitting themselves crossing the border from Canada because they have a box of Montecristo No. 3s in the glove compartment is totally absurd.

touchingcloth

Quote from: buttgammon on April 15, 2021, 08:58:42 AM
Really? I assumed all that ended when the Yanks allowed travel to Cuba again.

It seems ridiculous; not only does it seem to make the cigars more appealing to Americans (if popular culture is anything to go by), the idea of someone shitting themselves crossing the border from Canada because they have a box of Montecristo No. 3s in the glove compartment is totally absurd.

It's now legal for US citizens to travel to Cubs and bring back cigars (with a total value of less than $800), but it's illegal to sell or buy them in the US. So the. Canadian and Mexican border towns might well be doing a booming trade in them, which is nuts.

buttgammon

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 15, 2021, 10:11:28 AM
It's now legal for US citizens to travel to Cubs and bring back cigars (with a total value of less than $800), but it's illegal to sell or buy them in the US. So the. Canadian and Mexican border towns might well be doing a booming trade in them, which is nuts.

That's very stupid. Does this extend to all Cuban goods or is it just cigars?

touchingcloth

Quote from: buttgammon on April 15, 2021, 02:19:25 PM
That's very stupid. Does this extend to all Cuban goods or is it just cigars?

I haven't researched it massively deeply, but what research I did do stemmed from an old episode of Frasier where they were smoking Cubans with a nod and a wink, so I had a quick Google to see if they're still banned.

Obama lifted some sanctions on Cuba meaning that Americans are now able to travel to Cuba and buy cigars to take home with them. Some sanctions remain apart from on "food and medical supplies", so it might be that there are other goods which are treated like cigars in terms of owning them on US soil being legal while trading them is not. It's completely dumb.

buttgammon

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 15, 2021, 02:33:45 PM
I haven't researched it massively deeply, but what research I did do stemmed from an old episode of Frasier where they were smoking Cubans with a nod and a wink, so I had a quick Google to see if they're still banned.

Obama lifted some sanctions on Cuba meaning that Americans are now able to travel to Cuba and buy cigars to take home with them. Some sanctions remain apart from on "food and medical supplies", so it might be that there are other goods which are treated like cigars in terms of owning them on US soil being legal while trading them is not. It's completely dumb.

That's very stupid.

For what it's worth, my knowledge of the embargo is almost entirely derived from the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer befriends some lads in the Cuban Embassy to get cigars off them.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 15, 2021, 02:33:45 PM
It's completely dumb.

Although look at China's success as a communist country because such sanctions aren't in place. It took a mere 70 years to bring down the oppressive communist regime of the USSR with sanctions and herald the way for Putin.