Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Cuellar

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 21, 2021, 09:02:06 AM
I should stop posting in the morning. Sorry, olliebean. Humourless cunt innit.

This is a good rundown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIppSpnxqhM

An hour and a quarter?! Fuck off.

Paul Calf

Quote from: olliebean on April 21, 2021, 09:36:08 AM
So basically, a group of commercial entities who are in the business of taking people's money to watch their employees kick a ball around a field say: "We're going to do this thing." Customers of said commercial entities say: "We don't like this thing you're going to do. If you do this thing, we won't give you our money to watch your employees kick a ball around a field any more." Commercial entities say, "OK, we won't do this thing, then."

Is that basically it?

No, that's silly reductionism. If you really want to understand this, you should just watch the video with Ash Sarkar and Michael Walker.

olliebean

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 21, 2021, 01:32:34 PM
No, that's silly reductionism. If you really want to understand this, you should just watch the video with Ash Sarkar and Michael Walker.

Right. I won't bother, then.

touchingcloth

I like that the news coverage keeps referring to the "pyramid of football". Sounds ripe for Garrison imagery. Footballs crying pyramids crying footballs.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 21, 2021, 01:42:41 PM
I like that the news coverage keeps referring to the "pyramid of football".

It wants its mummy... sorry, money.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 21, 2021, 01:32:34 PM
Michael Walker.

Is this why footballers always advertise walkers crisps?

Replies From View

When a footballer kicks a ball, is it always a completely random direction and force they use?

Cold Meat Platter

Football - Walkers. You use feet to walk. It's obvious.

Replies From View

Is it possible to understand what is going on in a football game without first watching all the previous ones?

Replies From View

Is it true that an infinite number of footballers would eventually kick the complete works of shakespeare?

Replies From View

Is it true that the first ever football match was devised by Pina Bausch to accompany a reading of Gertrude Stein's Everybody's Autobiography?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on April 21, 2021, 05:16:31 PM
Is it possible to understand what is going on in a football game without first watching all the previous ones?

You don't need to watch all of the previous seasons, but you need to watch all of the previous seasons of the specific footballs you want to start watching. It's like CSI - you don't need to watch all seasons of CSI: Delaware to understand the latest series of CSI: Miami, but you need to watch all previous CSI: Miami series.

With football it is more complicated because they have more variants, so if you want to watch Manchester versus Aberdare in UEFA, you must watch all previous Manchester, all previous Aberdare, and all previous UEFA.

You can buy the box sets of these on CD if you want to have the physical media to keep, but a more economical option is a subscription to Netkicks.

Replies From View

I've never seen CSI.  Is The Archers also a suitable comparison?

touchingcloth

I'm not sure. How many people per side does it have?

gib

just pay attention to the 'previously on'

touchingcloth

Pringles are made by Kellogg's.

Ferris

Mackenzie Crook is a gangly 5'8"

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 23, 2021, 12:58:31 AM
Pringles are made by Kellogg's.

You can tell because they are so nutritious and they set you up for the whole day

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on April 25, 2021, 08:57:44 PM
You can tell because they are so nutritious and they set you up for the whole day

I've started eating them with milks. So good.

touchingcloth

The sequel to An American Tail, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West is a pun on Father Knows Best.

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 27, 2021, 07:49:44 PM
The sequel to An American Tail, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West is a pun on Father Knows Best.

What?

But also:

An American Tail = An American TALE...  aaaah!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Darles Chickens on April 27, 2021, 08:35:05 PM
An American Tail = An American TALE...  aaaah!

No, he's a mouse or a rat or a gerbil or a squirrel or something so "tail" is correct. 

Gulftastic

The two main characters in Dumb & Dumber are called Harry and Lloyd, a tribute to silent film star Harold Lloyd.

stonkers

Sooty and Sweep.

Sweep like a sweep you use to SWEEP up SOOT.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 28, 2021, 09:53:12 AM
The two main characters in Dumb & Dumber are called Harry and Lloyd, a tribute to silent film star Harold Lloyd.

Funny you mention Harold Lloyd, I only realised last night that both Harold Lloyd and Christopher Lloyd appear in iconic film scenes hanging from clocks. I'd already made the connection between Back To The Future and Safety Last, but only 'clocked' (HAHA!) last night that both actors are named Lloyd.

Video Game Fan 2000

I've always blanked out and ignored Trailer Park Boys content whenever I've seen it because I saw some gifs and I thought a major part of the show was making fun of an actor who had downs syndrome getting him to swear and say stuff he wouldn't understand etc.

Just found out thats not true, no downs syndrome person involved with that program.

Norton Canes

The key to success at work. I've got to treat my job like a kind of daily appearance on Taskmaster. Sure, it's important to have a decent stab at each task - but mostly it's about how to talk it up afterwards.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 29, 2021, 10:22:39 PM
The key to success at work. I've got to treat my job like a kind of daily appearance on Taskmaster. Sure, it's important to have a decent stab at each task - but mostly it's about how to talk it up afterwards.

But you don't want to hear "now please make your way to the stage for the final P45 of the job".

touchingcloth

I've been here for 8 years now, so the posters who were around at the time are mostly into their next decade compared to then. Kittens is probably a hundred now.

idunnosomename

in a crematorium the body doesn't get burnt as soon as it goes behind the curtain, and the bodies aren't necessarily cremated in between the service slots.

I was going to make a Justin Lee Collins joke in the Michael Collins thread but then I realised he got well and truly cancelled and thats why he fucked off and so the joke didnt really work. not for waving his willy about though.