Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Replies From View

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on May 03, 2021, 09:11:45 AM
Turns out it's Kristen Wiig, not Kirsten Wiig. it's Darren Brown all over again!

Darren Borwn

Replies From View

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on May 03, 2021, 09:19:43 AM
Also, having heard the Shaun the Sheep theme tune countless times and idly wondering who the cheeky cockney chap is who's singing it, it took me seeing the name of Vic Reeves in the credits to realise it was him. Just clearly singing it in his Vic Reeves voice, not cockney in the slightest.

I wouldn't mind but he's one of my favourite people in the world!

To be fair, I think it's harder to discern than one might assume after you've said that.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpeX_BXJeE

I wouldn't have guessed Vic Reeves, and even knowing it's him I'm straining quite hard to hear it.

Edit:  I searched again, and here's another version, with different lyrics, in which it's easier to hear it's Vic Reeves:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWhLi1ef360

This one sounds like he's definitely doing some Cockney though:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFJFYM0SgO0 (compare "mucks about" which in this one twangs towards "abahht")  I'm guessing you must have heard this one a few times to reach your initial conclusion, and you might not be going mad.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on May 03, 2021, 09:11:45 AM
Turns out it's Kristen Wiig, not Kirsten Wiig. it's Darren Brown all over again!
Kirsten Dunst is wrong. Wrong in all her films, and wrong here:
Kristens: Bell, Stewart, Schaal, Wiig
Kirstens: Dunst

EDIT: And it's Kristin Davis from Sex and the City. She is also wrong.

olliebean

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 03, 2021, 07:58:53 PM

EDIT: And it's Kristin Davis from Sex and the City. She is also wrong.

What's your view on Cristin Milioti?

touchingcloth

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 03, 2021, 03:42:56 PM
One of my schoolfriends had one in the UK, you couldn't get your hands near it.

I can just reach an object with the tip of 2 fingers from the whirly bits. Wife can get her whole hand down there, or could up until I turned it on.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 03, 2021, 09:38:56 PM
I can just reach an object with the tip of 2 fingers from the whirly bits. Wife can get her whole hand down there, or could up until I turned it on.

I bet you can,you dirty old bollockses, I bet you fucking can.

gib

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 03, 2021, 09:44:05 PM
I bet you can,you dirty old bollockses, I bet you fucking can.

he left that wide open

Ferris

Quote from: gib on May 03, 2021, 10:23:35 PM
he left that wide open

I bet he did the dirty old etc.

buzby

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 03, 2021, 07:58:53 PM
Kirsten O'Brien

Echo Valley 2-6809

Reminds me of Tamsin v Tasmin.

Tamsin is a version of Thomasina. I've always thought Tasmin was a misspelling that became a common variation, but I don't know. Somewhere on Google it says it's a Muslim name but that doesn't look reliable.

Ambient Sheep

Very disappointed Kristin Hersh didn't get a mention.

The Dog

If they applied contactless technology to bums we'd never have to sit down on filthy public toilets. You could even have a dump at the pub!

Dex Sawash

The Black Country isn't in Scotland.
I reckon the Black Watch associated with Black Country either.

Helvetica Scenario

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 05, 2021, 07:23:06 PM
Very disappointed Kristin Hersh didn't get a mention.

Ohhhh fuck...  I've been doing that one as well for about 30 years!

Dusty Substance

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 30, 2021, 10:53:37 PM
The "ped" in "moped" is short for "pedal", so things like Lambrettas aren't mopeds.

I'm sure mods wouldn't mind if you referred to a Lambretta as a "moped". Mods are well known for their happy-go-lucky senses of humour.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 07, 2021, 01:09:42 PM
I'm sure mods wouldn't mind if you referred to a Lambretta as a "moped". Mods are well known for their happy-go-lucky senses of humour.

I don't think we have mods, just admins.

JesusAndYourBush

This may be obvious to some, but...
In the song "Show Me The Way To Go Home" one part says "Wherever I may roam, on land or sea or foam".
So what's 'foam'?  It can't be sea because we have that already.  Does it mean the sky, as in foamy clouds, or are the lyrics just a bit crap for mentioning the sea twice?

Echo Valley 2-6809

touchingcloth

"Esquire" means a lawyer, not just a young lad.

I thought 'esquire' was just an antiquated form of address for an university-educated chap who wasn't fortunate have to have a title or peerage or whatever, to avoid the indignity of them being just a plain old Mr; a sort of middle step in the social hierarchy, back in the good old days when plebs knew their place:

1. Sir Joseph Bloggs-Cuntington   
2. Joseph Bloggs, Esq
3. Mr Joe Bloggs.

touchingcloth

I don't know the specifics. I'm watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and it seems like it means lawyer so I'm going with that, my aunts and uncles from days of yore be damned.

gib

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 07, 2021, 10:29:34 PM
I thought 'esquire' was just an antiquated form of address for an university-educated chap who wasn't fortunate have to have a title or peerage or whatever, to avoid the indignity of them being just a plain old Mr; a sort of middle step in the social hierarchy, back in the good old days when plebs knew their place:

1. Sir Joseph Bloggs-Cuntington   
2. Joseph Bloggs, Esq
3. Mr Joe Bloggs.

yeah, pretty much

Cerys

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 07, 2021, 07:22:01 PM
This may be obvious to some, but...
In the song "Show Me The Way To Go Home" one part says "Wherever I may roam, on land or sea or foam".
So what's 'foam'?  It can't be sea because we have that already.  Does it mean the sky, as in foamy clouds, or are the lyrics just a bit crap for mentioning the sea twice?

It's the bit in between the sea and the land, where the waves spunk on the shore and you can get your new Reeboks ruined but are mostly safe from drowning.

bgmnts

Didn't Chronos' jizz spill from his chopped off knob into the sea to create a foam?

Cerys

It wouldn't surprise me, the dirty Titan bastard.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on May 07, 2021, 07:58:44 PM
Means beer, I think.

No one's listening to you, you boring bastard.

In the song, he's lost and drunk (lying about how much he's had). In days of yore[nb]mum[/nb], beer was foamy - foaming ale. If you were walking on foam you were drunk, and didn't know where you were, on land or at sea.

buttgammon

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 07, 2021, 10:45:03 PM
I don't know the specifics. I'm watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and it seems like it means lawyer so I'm going with that, my aunts and uncles from days of yore be damned.

They do use it to mean lawyer in America for some reason. I wonder if it sounds as pretentious to their ears.

Icehaven

"Ted Theodore Logan and Bill S Preston, lawyer"

Sebastian Cobb

It's probably the skewers I'd forgotten about in the kitchen draw that are responsible for my freezer bags not always being water tight.