Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

touchingcloth

I've always assumed that Teslas were driven by cunts, but the kind of cunts who think that Elon Musk is lol and who probably by loot crates. Having discovered that they're really expensive, they're probably just the same types of cunt who buy BMWs and Porsches.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 08, 2021, 06:00:14 PM
I've always assumed that Teslas were driven by cunts, but the kind of cunts who think that Elon Musk is lol and who probably by loot crates. Having discovered that they're really expensive, they're probably just the same types of cunt who buy BMWs and Porsches.

Cost wise yes but the build quality is the similar to mediocre american cars to the point they're shockingly unreliable and the software has easter eggs in it that makes it make fart noises and play out rick and morty memes.

Both BMW (and other German car manufacturers) and Tesla are setting the trend in selling add-on features as paid for dlc or subscription services. E.g. to enable automatic dipped beams.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 08, 2021, 06:28:57 PM
Cost wise yes but the build quality is the similar to mediocre american cars to the point they're shockingly unreliable and the software has easter eggs in it that makes it make fart noises and play out rick and morty memes.

Both BMW (and other German car manufacturers) and Tesla are setting the trend in selling add-on features as paid for dlc or subscription services. E.g. to enable automatic dipped beams.

Automatic as in it detects oncoming traffic and dips them for you?

A friend of mine had a go in a Tesla and said it was ridiculous how nerdy and childish a lot of it was - he didn't mention the Rick & Morty stuff, but said that it let you pick from a range of different acceleration rates with the fastest ones being named things like "WOAH MY GOD!"

S4C of the highest order.

Sebastian Cobb

Yes exactly, by no means an essential feature but the kind of bells and whistles you can get on modern cars I suppose (the most feature packed and fancy car I've owned was a 2003 Rover 75... it was 13 years old).

Wiki has a list of all the S4C: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Easter_eggs_in_Tesla_products

I'll try and find the list of basic manufacturing defects as they're really basic stuff. One model had an issue where the bumper would collect water and fall off if you drove through puddles.

bakabaka

The word 'slick' is the same as the word 'sleek', like clique and clique.

Sebastian Cobb

Found it!

https://twitter.com/PostCultRev/status/1386876163964882946

I'm not a car nut at all and with a few exceptions (I see older Citroen's as an interesting point of optimism that is often missing from engineering/design) but like you was a little confused as to why his fans are like this:

QuoteYou know how to get out of a Model 3 if the electric system dies? Of course you don't, because you can't. Opening the doors on a depowered Tesla ranges from comically obscure to literally impossible depending on the model. A common reason to depower? A battery fire.

touchingcloth

Jesus. Both our cars have needed jump starts in recent months (one of them ended up in the garage for four fucking months due to COVID supply chain issues), so the thought of having to smash the windows to get out of that had happened is terrifying.

It took me a while to parse the above as meaning that "Model 3" is a type of Tesla.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 08, 2021, 09:41:45 PM
It took me a while to parse the above as meaning that "Model 3" is a type of Tesla.

I knew the models were spelling something out but had to google to figure out which:

Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y

Very cool!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 08, 2021, 09:50:03 PM
I knew the models were spelling something out but had to google to figure out which:

Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y

Very cool!

So cool. This is a fucking rabbit hole, the farther I fall the more cuntiness I find.

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe it's a psyop from Big Oil to stop us yearning for electric cars?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 08, 2021, 10:06:26 PM
Maybe it's a psyop from Big Oil to stop us yearning for electric cars?

The reason I realised the cost of Tesla cars is because I do want an electric[nb]We're looking into solar panels, so working out whether it makes sense to charge a car from them.[/nb], but this only puts me off Tesla specifically rather than the concept in general.

Man's a twat, right? My gut instinct was correct?

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah, I think so.

I'm in a car-share scheme (Co Wheels) and sometimes end up driving a Renault Zoe. It's in a different league to a Tesla, being a small runabout with about 70 miles range and an alleged top speed of around 80mph. It's a good little town run about and quite nice inside and like a nippy go-kart to drive, and I much prefer it to the similar-sized Toyota Agio's I get when I need to go a bit further. I don't think I'd have one as my own car due to the limited range (although I think I may be overstating this as you can part-charge the batteries on commercial chargers pretty quickly so could stop every hour for 10 minutes or something) but if you're in a couple and need a 2nd runabout it'd be fine.

I get you're in Portugal and possibly somewhere a bit more rural so this is less likely to apply (especially if you have two cars already) but I would much rather see alternatives to cars in most parts of the UK. They're not a panacea and ignoring the energy and obvious battery stuff there's plenty of environmental problems with making cars themselves, tyres leaching particles everywhere and just how much fucking public space we cede to the things.

touchingcloth

We don't need two cars, but it's the more modern one we use for trips further afield because it's more reliable (though it's also the one which was in the garage for months) so it gets used for any trips requiring the motorway. We use bikes to go into town, but are seriously considering converting the Renault 4 into an electric as an every day car, and using a car share or just hiring if we need to go as far as Lisbon. Wouldn't want to buy new due to the environmental stuff, but electric would totally meet 99% of our car needs.

touchingcloth

Edward I wasn't the first king of England named Edward.

Retinend

If you want to do a "grinning" emoticon and you get the characters the wrong way around it becomes an emoticon for "horror".

:D

D:

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 09, 2021, 02:52:57 AM
Edward I wasn't the first king of England named Edward.
He was the first king named Edward I though.

touchingcloth

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 09, 2021, 11:14:13 PM
He was the first king named Edward I though.

Edward I I? Love him in The Wicker Man.

Replies From View

Gulftastic

The word 'shit' has been downgraded in the sweary table. BBC ,showing 'Catch Me If You Can' yesterday afternoon with it's shits intact (not it's sole 'fuck' though) and I've noticed it used casually in daytime showings of Fast n Loud.

When did this change happen?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 10, 2021, 08:47:51 AM
The word 'shit' has been downgraded in the sweary table. BBC ,showing 'Catch Me If You Can' yesterday afternoon with it's shits intact (not it's sole 'fuck' though) and I've noticed it used casually in daytime showings of Fast n Loud.

According to this list, back in 2006 "shit" was ranked as being naughtier than "dickhead", and less naughty than "wanker", the latter of which I've heard used on The Simpsons by the BBC in either the late 90s or early 00s.

bgmnts

Is Jew a swearword or even a slur?

buttgammon

Shit seems to have got milder over the years. For what it's worth, my nana (who's in her nineties) hates swearing, but has no problem using the word shit; I can't say whether this is something she's softened to over time or not, but I remember her mentioning 'pigshit' at least 20 years ago.

Replies From View

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 10, 2021, 08:47:51 AM

At first I thought you were talking about 'Get Your Own Back' and Live n Kicking

Genuinely took me a moment to realise that Philip Schofield, Sarah Greene and the one who presented Gunge Em in the Dungeon on Motormouth wouldn't now be effing and blinding in the same Saturday morning kids cartoon slots that they held 30 odd years ago.

Replies From View

Surely "knob" is about as coarse as "cunt" in the 2020s?

Sebastian Cobb

not when you wax it as much as me sunshine!

Sebastian Cobb

gib

technically that's a cloacal shart

touchingcloth

Eid is a properly moveable feast and the date can be any time of the year, not just the same few weeks like stupid Easter.

Paul Calf

Yep, it moves  backwards through the Gregorian Calendar year on year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Fitr

I first realised this watching Knowing Me, Knowing Yule  and realising that Ramadan coincided with Christmas that year, but doesn't always.

Paul Calf

This illustrates it quite prettily: