Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 11, 2021, 12:14:33 PM
Yep, it moves  backwards through the Gregorian Calendar year on year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Fitr

I first realised this watching Knowing Me, Knowing Yule  and realising that Ramadan coincided with Christmas that year, but doesn't always.

A Muslim friend is staying with us at the moment, and I commented that so much worse than the animosity between Shia/Sunni/Sufi must be that between Icelandic and Falklander Muslims during Ramadan. It took a while for us both to realise what the source of our confusion due to this taking place after quite a few pre-Iftar wines because my friend is terrible at being a Muslim.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 11, 2021, 12:17:00 PM
This illustrates it quite prettily:

All those death of princess diana broadcasts!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 11, 2021, 12:17:00 PM
This illustrates it quite prettily:

I can't work out how to read that. What are the axes? Ramadan this year was mid-April to mid-May, but the purple lines near the 2020s on either x-axis make it look like it runs Jan-Dec...

Sebastian Cobb

Just clicked a link that google had indexed including the language setting, which was Arabic, and found the layout is mirrored. Makes sense I guess.

https://twitter.com/dubfirebrigade/status/1223560048980516864?lang=ar

Dusty Substance

Marvin's Room, the acclaimed drama from 1997, isn't the same film as 1996's Joe's Apartment, a film about singing and dancing cockroaches.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 11, 2021, 11:46:13 PM
I can't work out how to read that. What are the axes? Ramadan this year was mid-April to mid-May, but the purple lines near the 2020s on either x-axis make it look like it runs Jan-Dec...
I spent a while trying to work it out before I searched and found the key. Grey is the start of Ramadan, dark black the start of the following month (at the end of Ramadan), dotted black Eid al-Adha, brown the new year (start of Muharram), and the other colours the starts of the different months, so you pick a year on the horizontal axis and read up/down to find when each month starts. Impossible in practice, but nice in theory.

And I only came here to post that I've figured how to use my guillotine to cut paper to size. There's a scale on it, but I only just worked out that if you put the edge of the paper at 7cm and the rest goes back under the blade, then you can cut a strip 7cm wide!

Icehaven

John Hannah and Fran Healy don't actually have the same face.

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on May 13, 2021, 10:29:53 PM
John Hannah and Fran Healy don't actually have the same face.

They try to though

Dusty Substance

The announcement of a sequel to Attack The Block has made me realise that Jodie Whittaker was the lead woman in the original film and not, as my brain had mis-remembered, Katherine Parkinson.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: icehaven on May 13, 2021, 10:29:53 PMJohn Hannah and Fran Healy don't actually have the same face.

John Hannah and James Nesbitt do, though.

touchingcloth

Trooping the colour and changing the guard are different things involving the same red cunts in silly hats.

Icehaven

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 18, 2021, 08:50:24 AM
John Hannah and James Nesbitt do, though.

True, but their respective Scottish/Irishness makes it marginally easier to tell them apart.

Paul Calf

Just realised that 'Pogba' isn't a nickname for Didier Drogba.

I am old.

phantom_power

Masta Ace = Master Race

idunnosomename

when the death star fires in Return of the Jedi they just reused the footage from the first film and mixed it up a bit. the famous shot of them standing in the tunnel next to the laser is flipped.

NoSleep

Quote from: phantom_power on May 19, 2021, 02:26:14 PM
Masta Ace = Master Race

Just had a call about working on a track featuring him by coincidence.

Sonny_Jim

Frasier is about 70% sex jokes.

Dex Sawash

frajer is about 70% sex jokes.

Dusty Substance

I've seen Greta Van Fleet's name on various end-of-year album lists, festival line-ups etc. and assumed "she" was a alt-country female solo artist but literally just found out "she" is a Poundland Led Zep consisting of four blokes.

touchingcloth

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 22, 2021, 09:47:57 PM
I've seen Greta Van Fleet's name on various end-of-year album lists, festival line-ups etc. and assumed "she" was a alt-country female solo artist but literally just found out "she" is a Poundland Led Zep consisting of four blokes.

Same for me with Joy Formidable which I assumed was a well-built female singer, turns out it's a bunch of blokes.
EDIT: And now I google again and there is a female in the band, I can't have looked close enough last time I checked.

Dusty Substance

Update! Just realised I probably thought Greta Van Fleet is the same person as Sharon Van Etten.

beanheadmcginty

The scenes in "Airwolf" where the helicopter appears to do loop-the-loops are achieved simply by rotating the camera rather than, as I had always thought until just now rewatching a bit on YouTube, a special stunt helicopter.

Sonny_Jim

The referee is the person who you refer to when you need to make a decision about something.  Y'know, refer that to the referee.  I always thought it was it's own special word.

Paul Calf

The word 'referee' is from Old French refierè meaning "Of uncertain lineage". In mediaeval France, such people were obliged to dress all in black to indicate their precarious and unfortunate status.

touchingcloth

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 23, 2021, 01:42:23 PM
The scenes in "Airwolf" where the helicopter appears to do loop-the-loops are achieved simply by rotating the camera rather than, as I had always thought until just now rewatching a bit on YouTube, a special stunt helicopter.

Interestingly, Airwolf was made of chocolate.

Dex Sawash

https://engineering.mit.edu/engage/ask-an-engineer/can-helicopters-fly-upside-down/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CMilitary%20and%20acrobatic%20helicopter%20pilots,and%20altitude%20to%20remain%20airborne.%E2%80%9D

Helicopters loop and roll. There's a red bull stunt copter that has done full inverted flight but probably had loads of caffeine in to do it.

Edit- had never watched the red bull helichocter fly inverted, just did and it is really just falling with style.

Endicott

Power to weight and structural strength make it difficult for a full sized chopper, especially one made of chocolate. You need to go miniature.

RC MODEL HELICOPTER 3D INDOOR FLIGHT
https://youtu.be/1NWMl7w0wc0?t=89

Replies From View

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 23, 2021, 02:17:24 AM
Update! Just realised I probably thought Greta Van Fleet is the same person as Sharon Van Etten.

I always get Dick Van Dyke, Van Dyke Parks and Van Morrison mixed up.  Why this widespread fashion of pretending not to have Vanessa in your name?!

With me it's Steven Van Zandt and Hertz Van Rental.