Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,372
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:17:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

notjosh

Felicity Ward on twitter has just alerted me to the fact that pine nuts come out of pine cones. I suppose this is obvious but I still don't quite believe it as pine nuts are dead expensive but there are pine cones knocking about all over the place.

olliebean

I once appeared in an improvised play about three friends who set up a bakery to make pie nut bread. It was only years later, watching a video of the opening scene, that I realised it was actually about pine nut bread.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: notjosh on January 25, 2021, 09:54:14 AM
Felicity Ward on twitter has just alerted me to the fact that pine nuts come out of pine cones. I suppose this is obvious but I still don't quite believe it as pine nuts are dead expensive but there are pine cones knocking about all over the place.
Pine nuts are one of the more surprising foods, but you won't get any from a Scottish woodland: it's only a small number of pine trees that have seeds that are big enough to be worth eating, basically in Italy, China, and a small part of north America. Googling "why are pine nuts so expensive?" returns a lot of results(eg) because clearly, fuck off Mr Sainsbury, but apparently it's a lot of work to pull the seeds out of the cone (trained squirrels not generally available), the trees take a long time to grow, and it's all so much effort compared to a peanut or sesame seed.

notjosh

That's a shame, but at least I can pack a few in my bag the next time I'm in a small part of North America.

Don't understand why anyone would go to all that effort to grow sesame seeds though when you could just scrape them off burger buns instead.

Dusty Substance

Billy Budd isn't the same thing as Billy Liar and they were written sixty years apart.

Icehaven

Barry Keoghan and Tye Sheridan aren't the same person.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Pseudopath on December 18, 2020, 03:20:50 AM
Just in case you didn't know, the Warner Bros production logo theme is based on "As Time Goes By", a 1931 Herman Hupfield song made famous by Warner Bros' 1942 hit Casablanca.

That doesn't explain the Smash connection, but someone might have found it useful

Today I saw a Warner Bros. film and at the start it played the first notes of 'As Time Goes By' but when it got to the end bit it went really loud, so to me even though it was in context it still sounded like "You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss, WHEN MASH GET SMASH!"

buzby

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on January 28, 2021, 12:54:16 AM
Today I saw a Warner Bros. film and at the start it played the first notes of 'As Time Goes By' but when it got to the end bit it went really loud, so to me even though it was in context it still sounded like "You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss, WHEN MASH GET SMASH!"
'For Mash, Get Smash'.
The jingle was written by the big band composer/arranger Cliff Adams (of the Cliff Adams Singers). When his style of music went out of fashion, he became the presenter of Radio 2's Sing Something Simple and an advert jingle composer.

As well as the Smash jingle he wrote the Lonely Man Theme for Strand Cigarettes and the jingles for Fairy Liquid, Double Diamond beer, Murray Mints, Milk Tray and Fry's Turkish Delight (the original 1960s one, not the 70s ambient flute & synth one that Limmy is a fan of, though that does use his sting at the end). It's reckoned that he was responsible for about 80% of the ad jingles heard on TV  between 1955 and the late-60s, and at the time he was in the studio every day cranking new jingles out every 90 minutes.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: buzby on January 28, 2021, 02:59:14 PM
'For Mash, Get Smash'.
The jingle was written by the big band composer/arranger Cliff Adams (of the Cliff Adams Singers). When his style of music went out of fashion, he became the presenter of Radio 2's Sing Something Simple and an advert jingle composer.

Also used to stunning effect in the radio drama 'A Glowering Glassblower This Way Comes'.

touchingcloth

No More 'I Love You's was originally written and recorded by an avant garde new wave act in the 80s, because of fucking course it was. Not exactly the usual 90s pop fare to be singing about feeling woe begone and crying while you whistle up bum holes.

Cerys

The Godfather was not directed by Martin Scorsese.

Also, a character showed up in Hollyoaks at the end of November.  Last week I realised that she's missing half of her left arm.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Cerys on February 02, 2021, 11:39:44 PM
Also, a character showed up in Hollyoaks at the end of November.  Last week I realised that she's missing half of her left arm.
I think you can be excused if it's the top half she's missing.

lankyguy95

Pretty sure this thread title's going to give me an epileptic fit some time in the next couple of months.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Cerys on February 02, 2021, 11:39:44 PM

I can beat that.  A few months before the end of a 2-year college course I noticed that a girl doing the same course as me only had a thumb and one finger on one of her hands.  Oddly, a friend also doing the same course only noticed 2 days after me.

Cerys

Are you sure she wasn't a tyrannosaurus rex?

And ... post.

Icehaven

Someone who works in my boss's office only has one eye, and she wears her hair down (patchless Gabrielle-style) over the missing one, which I'd assumed was a glass eye as obviously you don't want to look too much. It was only the 3rd or 4th time I saw her that I realised it isn't a glass eye but an eye drawn onto a flesh coloured patch that's stuck over the socket. It's very unusual and not particularly well drawn either (although granted I didn't notice it at first) and of course once you see it it can't be unseen. It feels unkind to say it's creepy but, well, it is.

Ferris

Alnico magnets for guitar pickups are made of aluminum/nickel/cobalt, chemical symbols Al-Ni-Co.

studpuppet

Quote from: icehaven on February 03, 2021, 12:21:33 PM
Someone who works in my boss's office only has one eye, and she wears her hair down...

Paul Calf

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 08, 2021, 12:30:03 PM
Alnico magnets for guitar pickups are made of aluminum/nickel/cobalt, chemical symbols Al-Ni-Co.

Likewise, I always wondered about references to 'Nife' cells in old Alistair MacLean novels.

Blue Jam

Been Playing Forza Horizon 4 and have mainly been putting the classical music station on the car's radio. It's called "Timeless FM".

Took me a while to figure that one out.

touchingcloth

The Super Bowl isn't the final of American football, but a match between two different league champions.

The six nations rugby is the same six nations every time.

These are my 020210u5 74195 about egg-shaped ball games.

dissolute ocelot

Just realised why there's an overly-advertised card company called Thortful. Even more annoying than Smol Laundry Products.

holyzombiejesus

Norton Canes is a place and a service station.

touchingcloth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 10, 2021, 11:57:45 AM
Norton Canes is a place and a service station.

Named for CaB poster Norton Cranes.

markburgle

This morning I only just got that they're called the Trotters cos "trotting" is what horses do int it? Like the ones in the title of the show Only Fools and Horses that they're characters in.

Did you know Sandie Shaw was a pun? You're welcome

touchingcloth

BlacKkKlansman is a terrible film title on several levels.

Dex Sawash

Risible does not mean bad/unpleasant. Seems they've fucked that one right up. Risible  dictionary cunts.

holyzombiejesus

Dex Sawash