Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 17, 2021, 03:22:21 PM
Is 232-6 (20) better than 201 (19.2)? Why isn't the 201 followed by a hyphen? Are the brackets after (I assume) player names their ages? Negative scores? Why does Shaheen have a dash in the score but no brackets? Who the hell won?

Is 232-6 (20) better than 201 (19.2)?
Yes. This is a limited-overs match, Pakistan scored 232 for the loss of 6 wickets and ran out of overs. England were all-out for 201 with four balls remaining.

Why isn't the 201 followed by a hyphen?
Because England were all-out so there was no reason to add a wicket tally.

Are the brackets after (I assume) player names their ages?
No. The number of overs they needed to get those runs.

Negative scores? Why does Shaheen have a dash in the score but no brackets?
Because they're bowling figures. Shaheen took three wickets at the cost of 30 runs.

Who the hell won?
Pakistan.

Thanks! So individually Livingstone did the best in terms of runs per ball? How come Pakistan aren't given a bowling tally as well? Or do they just give the two best-performing players per team, with Pakistan's both being batters and England's being one of each?

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 17, 2021, 06:29:16 PM
Thanks! So individually Livingstone did the best in terms of runs per ball? How come Pakistan aren't given a bowling tally as well? Or do they just give the two best-performing players per team, with Pakistan's both being batters and England's being one of each?

The figures are just a summary of the principle run-makers and wicker-takers. A detailed statistical report of the match would fill a slim paperback book.

Shaheen is a Pakistani bowler. England most likely didn't have any bowlers worth listing.

olliebean

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 17, 2021, 02:44:47 PMIs 232-6 (20) better than 201 (19.2)? Why isn't the 201 followed by a hyphen? Are the brackets after (I assume) player names their ages? Negative scores? Why does Shaheen have a dash in the score but no brackets? Who the hell won?

Why the hell would anyone who doesn't watch or play cricket care?

Dusty Substance

Marc Singer (actor in TV series V and The Beastmasterfilms), Lori Singer (Footloose, Warlock) and Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects, homosexual pedophile) are all related. Marc and Lori are siblings, Bryan is their cousin.

Cerys

Dex Sawash

Back when 0bvious was still spelt with just letters, I realized that Claire Danes and Taylor Dayne were different people. Today I twigged why it is that Claire Danes off Homeland looks so much like the main girl from My So Called Life (and nothing like the one who sang Tell it to my heart)

phes

Marcus Brigstocke isn't Richard Osman

Thanks to the Garage Bangers thread, of all places

Icehaven

Quote from: phes on July 18, 2021, 06:57:32 PM
Marcus Brigstocke isn't Richard Osman

Thanks to the Garage Bangers thread, of all places

Bloody hell, same.

phantom_power

Quote from: Endicott on July 17, 2021, 05:48:44 PM
Sorry, I assumed you were doing a bit. 19.2 overs means 19 overs of 6 balls each, plus another 2 balls. 116 balls as Calf mentions. It's a notation, it looks like a decimal, but it's not.

It's fine. Cricket is being decimalised now anyway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hundred_(cricket)

wrec

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 18, 2021, 05:20:34 PM
Back when 0bvious was still spelt with just letters, I realized that Claire Danes and Taylor Dayne were different people. Today I twigged why it is that Claire Danes off Homeland looks so much like the main girl from My So Called Life (and nothing like the one who sang Tell it to my heart)

Several years after Taylor Swift became a household name, I realised she was not the same person as Taylor Dayne (30 years her senior). That's pretty obvious but until I applied the tiniest bit of thought (and managed not to for years) I filed both Taylors in the same brain-slot.

Jockice

Quote from: wrec on July 19, 2021, 10:22:10 PM
Several years after Taylor Swift became a household name, I realised she was not the same person as Taylor Dayne (30 years her senior). That's pretty obvious but until I applied the tiniest bit of thought (and managed not to for years) I filed both Taylors in the same brain-slot.

I've probably already posted this on here but it's not that long ago I realised Josie Long isn't Josie Lawrence.

Paul Calf

I think you have, because I made that breakthrough upon reading it.

Jockice

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 20, 2021, 07:57:54 AM
I think you have, because I made that breakthrough upon reading it.

Always glad to be of assistance.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Jockice on July 20, 2021, 07:52:14 AM
I've probably already posted this on here but it's not that long ago I realised Josie Long isn't Josie Lawrence.

Is Josie Lawrence the same as Jennifer Lawrence?

Jockice

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 20, 2021, 02:36:47 PM
Is Josie Lawrence the same as Jennifer Lawrence?

Yes. And she's the daughter of Mr and Mrs Lawrence, who were teachers at the secondary school I went to. He was a total cunt, she wasn't all that bad. Although her taste in men wasn't too hot. Maybe she had a sexual fetish for being told to shake hands and then having your bones crushed by someone much bigger than you. I certainly didn't.

olliebean

Their brother Andrew is the one they don't talk about.

bakabaka

I love baths.
Since around 2000, most people I mention this to are horrified. "I couldn't lie in a tub of my own filth!" or some such.[nb]I bamlem the rise of Japanese culture in the UK's youth.[/nb]

Except that in a bath, the dirt and dead skin cells will be diluted and spread out to an almost homeopathic amount in all that water.
Wearing clothes, on the other hand, means that you spend almost all your waking hours rubbing that pure, undiluted 'filth' into your skin.

People who won't take a bath shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes.

Echo Valley 2-6809

You're less likely to go prematurely bald if you take a bath instead of ten minutes of firing multiple jets of water at your follicles at speeds of up to 200mph [writer's estimate].

popcorn

Quote from: bakabaka on July 20, 2021, 05:23:30 PM
I love baths.
Since around 2000, most people I mention this to are horrified. "I couldn't lie in a tub of my own filth!" or some such.[nb]I bamlem the rise of Japanese culture in the UK's youth.[/nb]

Except that in a bath, the dirt and dead skin cells will be diluted and spread out to an almost homeopathic amount in all that water.

Exactly, this anti-bath reasoning has always boggled my brains. You're going to get out of the bath cleaner than you went in whatever happens.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on July 20, 2021, 06:31:45 PM
Exactly, this anti-bath reasoning has always boggled my brains. You're going to get out of the bath cleaner than you went in whatever happens.

What if there is dogshit in the bath, caused by the taps

olliebean

Quote from: bakabaka on July 20, 2021, 05:23:30 PM
I love baths.

Wearing clothes, on the other hand, means that you spend almost all your waking hours rubbing that pure, undiluted 'filth' into your skin.

People who won't take a bath shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes.

If you use bath foam, the surfactants attach to the dirt and keep it in the water, rather than deposited back onto your skin. (Or onto the sides of the bath, which is a bonus.) I'm certainly cleaner after a half-hour soak than I could possibly be expected get in a 4-minute shower, which is apparently what we're all supposed to be having these days.

Dex Sawash

Surely the clacker is cleaner post-bath. Which part(s) are measurably dirtier?

Icehaven

If your shower is also your bath you get the best of both worlds, nice wallow in the bath followed by a quick shower down as you're getting out.

Paul Calf

Quote from: icehaven on July 21, 2021, 08:22:04 AM
If your shower is also your bath you get the best of both worlds, nice wallow in the bath followed by a quick shower down as you're getting out.

"I call it my Caribbean Soak."

Paul Calf

I've just realised that I still don't really know what Gamergate was.

Icehaven

Admittedly I'm not exactly au fait with designer labels but I've only just noticed what I'd always read on Tshirts as Jack Jones is actually Jack & Jones/Jack and Jones.

touchingcloth

Gulftastic

Thanks to the pandemic, when a celeb trends on  twitter,  you now have to add 'Covidiot' to 'dead and 'sex pest' in the list of likely reasons.