Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Replies From View on July 31, 2021, 07:34:36 PM
Not pies though are they.  Try putting some pancake on a plate with ice cream and selling it as "pie of the day", and see what happens to your account.
Yeah, that's probably not the best example because of the breadcrumbs. But they're not pancakes either really.

Some of the Ramadan half-moons are more like pasties or turnovers - both of which are definitely types of pie, so help me Allah.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 31, 2021, 04:50:37 PM
I once thought that too, but as 'pizza pie' is a silly, overwrought term for 'a pizza', I think we're fully excused.

I've never heard it called a pizza pie outside of the song.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 31, 2021, 11:03:26 PM

Yeah it was called that in the UK (Scotland at least) in the 70s. But then we also called them Avocado Pears and Continental Quilts so....

Ferris

Or me. It's not even a fucking pie, what are they on about.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on July 31, 2021, 07:30:03 PM
Also it's a shit image.  The moon doesn't hit your eyes like any kind of pie of any size.  So the simile could be absolutely anything and achieve the same meaning.

Do people not realise that the "pie" in "pizza pie" has its origin in the "pie" of "pie Jesu"? In American culture pizzas are seen as godly, messianic.

jamiefairlie

It's pretty obvious that the words pizza and pita come from the same source.

gib

Rocksteady = as steady as rock

as soon as i typed that out i heard Arethra in my head

was it coined by Jamaica or was it an earlier term?

touchingcloth

Quote from: gib on August 01, 2021, 12:54:12 AM
Rocksteady = as steady as rock

as soon as i typed that out i heard Arethra in my head

was it coined by Jamaica or was it an earlier term?

Coined by Bebop.

olliebean

That, and Seinfeld. "It's a pizza place where you make your own pie!"

Dr Rock

Americans refer to pizza as "pie" because early 20th century Italian immigrants to the United States made and sold a pizza called a "pomidore pizza". This unknown Italian food was translated to "tomato pie" in English due to being round and cut into slices. ... Today, many New Yorkers still refer to pizza as "pie".

Replies From View

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 01, 2021, 12:45:40 AM
It's pretty obvious that the words pizza and pita come from the same source.

oh yeah: "penis"

OOHHHH WHEN THE CONCEPT OF A JAPS EYE BECOMES THE ETYMOLOGICAL ROOT FOR NON-PIES
IT'S AMORE

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 01, 2021, 10:21:00 AM
Americans refer to pizza as "pie" because early 20th century Italian immigrants to the United States made and sold a pizza called a "pomidore pizza". This unknown Italian food was translated to "tomato pie" in English due to being round and cut into slices. ... Today, many New Yorkers still refer to pizza as "pie".

Oh we all have our reasons for being wrong, for sure.

Like once my little brother insisted that the chocolate bar 'wispa' had an 'h' in the name.  We got into such a row about it that I made a £10 bet with him that he was wrong, and he lost that bet of course, and then my dad told me to let him off because £10 was a lot of money for a six year old in 1990.

Same thing with Americans.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 31, 2021, 11:56:12 PM
Do people not realise that the "pie" in "pizza pie" has its origin in the "pie" of "pie Jesu"? In American culture pizzas are seen as godly, messianic.

Whenever I hear the words 'Pie Jesu' (which admittedly isn't often) I'm always reminded of  Big Brother where a girl had to sing the song as part of a task.  She had two chances to listen to the song in the diary room but for some reason she never did, and the moment she had to sing came as a surprise (presumably she thought she had more time to prepare), and the song, as you can imagine, was a hilarious disaster. (And she pronounced the title exactly as you expect.)

pigamus

Notepad. The little asterisk! Never noticed it before!

touchingcloth

Steel Magnolias isn't about androids or whatever.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 28, 2021, 02:33:09 PM
I only just realised that batshit Swedish kids' cartoon Benny Brun, which I remember watching in baffled amazement when my son was a toddler, is from the same guy who did the Paranoid Android video.

The original cartoon that featured the characters from Paranoid Android was called 'Robin', I remember it used to be on Channel 4 late at night.

Cerys

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 01, 2021, 11:51:42 PM
Steel Magnolias isn't about androids or whatever.

Depends on your interpretation.  Let's not forget the scene in which Julia Roberts is switched off - not to mention the reference to Sally Field's head being like a football helmet.  Little clues, people.  Little clues.

bakabaka

Quote from: Cerys on August 02, 2021, 12:07:28 PM
Depends on your interpretation.  Let's not forget the scene in which Julia Roberts is switched off - not to mention the reference to Sally Field's head being like a football helmet.  Little clues, people.  Little clues.
That'll be Sally 'Electromagnetic' Field.

AsparagusTrevor

Sonny_Jim

Steel Magnolias isn't a Jilly Cooper novel.

pigamus

Why isn't bacon and chips a thing?

Ferris

Quote from: pigamus on August 02, 2021, 05:54:22 PM
Why isn't bacon and chips a thing?

Isn't that what gammon and chips is? I suppose you can't call it that these days.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 02, 2021, 06:22:37 PM
Isn't that what gammon and chips is? I suppose you can't call it that these days.

With a nice pineapple ring.

Ferris

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 02, 2021, 06:30:11 PM
With a nice pineapple ring.

+optional fried egg.

An insane meal when you think about it.

Replies From View

+ syringe worth of blended octopus anus in soy sauce

mothman

https://twitter.com/marina_sirtis/status/1421819663231721476?s=21

I don't know if it's common knowledge that Star Trek's Marina Sirtis played the stewardess in the Leonard Rossiter-Joan Collins Cinzano ad on the airplane, but it certainly blew my mind.

https://youtu.be/rkjidE0WnAI

pigamus

She was in that awful Jim Davidson thing as well

idunnosomename

Ivan is just Russian for John. Like from Ionnanes. fuck. John the Terrible.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 03, 2021, 07:20:05 PM
Ivan is just Russian for John. Like from Ionnanes. fuck. John the Terrible.

Like Ian or Iain or Eoin