Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

seepage

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 07, 2021, 08:20:39 PM
Also red, yellow and blue are famously the primary colours, yet computer screens equally famously use red, green and blue palettes. What's up with that, besides the difference between additive and subtractive colour models, eh?

Red + green = yellow. What???

And printers use cyan, magenta and yellow.

touchingcloth

Sebastian Cobb

Sidney Lumet has made some excellent films, some of my favourites, but I didn't know who he was until I watched a vid on youtube about the making of Dog Day Afternoon and looked him up.

touchingcloth

poo's a dad:

Quote from: poo on August 08, 2021, 11:14:39 PM
Kids got em. Interested for two mins tops. Recycling. Bye world.

Bye world indeed.

Assuming he didn't kidnap them, which is quite the assumption.

Dex Sawash

Madrid isn't in Portugal

touchingcloth

Dusty Substance

Bunny And The Bull (2009 British comedy) isn't the same film Vincent Gallo's 2003 The Brown Bunny.

touchingcloth

Footballers can only move between teams during specific times of the year.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 27, 2021, 08:42:12 PM
Footballers can only move between teams during specific times of the year.

Well presumably they sign a contract for x number of seasons, so they can only move at the end of a season?

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 28, 2021, 02:33:42 AM
Well presumably they sign a contract for x number of seasons, so they can only move at the end of a season?

I think it's different in football, and FIFA rules mean that a club and player couldn't agree terms to break a contract and move clubs mid-season, unlike, say, F1, where mid-season swaps are allowed.

touchingcloth

When I see backwards flags on sleeves on TV this is apparently deliberate rather than costume departments not knowing that they're doing. The "correct" way to display a US flag on a right sleeve is with the stars on the right, as if the person wearing the uniform is carrying the flag on a pole with it streaming behind them.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 28, 2021, 03:20:50 AM
I think it's different in football, and FIFA rules mean that a club and player couldn't agree terms to break a contract and move clubs mid-season, unlike, say, F1, where mid-season swaps are allowed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 28, 2021, 05:01:26 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Yeah, that article is what I based the post on, should've posted a link myself. It sounds like it only came into effect in the early 00s, which excuses me for not remembering it from my childhood and adolescence.

dissolute ocelot

touchingcloth

Is Jay Rayner nasty? I quite like him.

Icehaven

He's alright, wouldn't say he was nasty. He sticks the boot into restaurants he doesn't like but to be fair that's his job, and the ones he usually bashes the most are typically vastly overpriced style over substance places serving worse food than you'd get in a Spoons, so they deserve it. Since restaurants reopened both he and the other Guardian/Observer food critic only did positive reviews for ages as they didn't want to kick anyone while they were down, but he finally cracked a few weeks ago:
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/aug/15/the-polo-lounge-at-the-dorchester-hotel-dismal-food-at-eye-popping-prices-restaurant-review

touchingcloth

I haven't read him for ages, but yeah in my memory he used to give glowing reviews to tiny down-home places, and wanky ponce places got drubbings. A great bunch of lads, but with a shite Dogtanian-tier moustache.

Jockice

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 28, 2021, 08:16:01 PM
I never knew that food critic Jay Rayner was agony aunt Claire Rayner's son. The clues are there. And yet he's so nasty and she was so nice.

I'm not into food full stop, but Grace Dent liked a tweet of mine yesterday. We lived in the same area of Carlisle when we were young* and her autobiography mentions something very specific - a model toadstool in the Methodist church hall if you must know - that I remember from my time there so I mentioned it in the tweet. I'm quite proud that we share that memory.

On the other hand I also heard yesterday that Mary Berry called a former colleague of mine a cunt when she tried to speak to her. The thing is (and this came second hand from another ex-workmate) it wasn't press intrusion or anything, as Berry was apparently promoting an event, presumably being paid for doing so and the organisers had told this journo it would be okay to do a short interview. Who'd have thought it eh? Not that I've ever watched anything with her in but isn't she meant to be a sweet old lady?

(*She's eight years younger than me. My folks moved away with me when I was ten, so I doubt if we've ever met. Although I still have family there - albeit in a different part of the city - so it is vaguely possible we've walked past each other or something.)

touchingcloth

I'd be delighted to see footage of Mary Berry calling someone a cunt, ideally as she hands over a slice of Victoria sponge and says "get your chops round that, cunt", or somehow related to a disaster with a Bundt cake.

Sebastian Cobb

I'd be even more delighted if the subject of her ire was Paul Hollywood.

I wonder if it was like this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tpJkPRHW1Q

studpuppet

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 28, 2021, 08:16:01 PM
I never knew that food critic Jay Rayner was agony aunt Claire Rayner's son. The clues are there. And yet he's so nasty and she was so nice.

On the plus side, despite being Claire Rayner's son he got expelled from my brother's school for smoking dope. I remember national newspaper headlines at the time about 'AGONY AUNT'S DRUG ADDICT SON'.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 30, 2021, 05:17:17 PM
I'd be even more delighted if the subject of her ire was Paul Hollywood.

I wonder if it was like this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tpJkPRHW1Q

He was mentioned in the same conversation. Apparently he's not bad to interview, although he's obviously in love with himself. Although not to the same extent as Alexander Armstrong. In love with himself that is, not in love with Paul Hollywood.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Jockice on August 30, 2021, 05:33:55 PM
He was mentioned in the same conversation. Apparently he's not bad to interview, although he's obviously in love with himself. Although not to the same extent as Alexander Armstrong. In love with himself that is, not in love with Paul Hollywood.

I won't link because the only results I can see on Google are from shitty tabloids, but there was a story a few years back where had told his much younger ex-girlfriend to "fuck off on the horse you rose in on". Love to see him try that on Berry only for her to drop a c-bomb on him. Bake Off could certainly do with dropping the compost-tier soggy-bottoms-bants for something a bit more x-rated.

Greg Torso

Why do racehorses get their obituaries published on Wikipedia?
Is it because they are technically sportspeople?

so why don't greyhounds then or blind dogs or parrots that help old women to conceive?

Greg Torso

I don't know man

Paul Calf

Johnboy

Up the Junction by Squeeze

"me and the girl from Clapham.."

Clapham Junction - Up the Junction.      ffs.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dusty Substance on August 24, 2021, 04:36:15 PM
Bunny And The Bull (2009 British comedy) isn't the same film Vincent Gallo's 2003 The Brown Bunny.

Racism has made you blend these two

Replies From View

Quote from: Greg Torso on August 31, 2021, 07:11:51 PM
Why do racehorses get their obituaries published on Wikipedia?
Is it because they are technically sportspeople?

so why don't greyhounds then or blind dogs or parrots that help old women to conceive?

Very importantly why does nobody grieve for anyone who has worked in a tuck shop

Small Man Big Horse

Not sure if this is obvious or not, but I only discovered today that dolphin's can drown, and have to come up for air every 8 to 10 minutes or they'll die. Also, they remain conscious when sleeping: https://us.whales.org/whales-dolphins/how-do-dolphins-sleep/