Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:14:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump supporters storming Congress [split topic]

Started by Mister Six, January 06, 2021, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

Apparently there are currently more US troops in Washington DC than in Afghanistan and Iraq combined[nb]Afghanistan and Iraq combined would be the perfect excuse Biden needs in three and a half years to send in troops and win the next election - you read it here first![/nb].

druss

The time keeping is fucked on this, watch about an hour of debating and when they ask how much time each side has left they've each only lost about 3 minutes.

BritishHobo

Christ these Republicans getting up are such disingenuous cunts. Endless stream of shit non-arguments.

Ferris

druss

Fucking hell this Democrat old cunt has been speaking for about five minutes and said about six words, I swear they said he had one minute.

druss

He's still going wtf is happening. They definitely said he had one minute.

buttgammon

Quote from: druss on January 13, 2021, 08:38:06 PM
Fucking hell this Democrat old cunt has been speaking for about five minutes and said about six words, I swear they said he had one minute.

I have.....never....heard....any....one...ever...speak......so..........slow

Ferris

Intrigue.

QuoteDemocratic members of Congress on Wednesday accused unnamed Republicans of giving tours of the Capitol to insurrectionists ahead of last week's deadly siege of the Capitol, as federal agencies opened two new investigations into the extent to which Capitol Police and far-right lawmakers were complicit in the mob attack.

The inspector general of the Capitol Police is opening a potentially wide-ranging investigation into security breaches connected to the siege that could determine the extent to which some Capitol Police officers were involved, according to a senior congressional aide with direct knowledge of the investigation. The inspector general will suspend all other projects until the investigation is complete, the aide said.

Three officers have been suspended, and 17 others are under investigation by the force's Office of Professional Responsibility.

druss

Quote from: buttgammon on January 13, 2021, 08:44:40 PM
I have.....never....heard....any....one...ever...speak......so..........slow
This is life now, just this man speaking forever.

druss

Maybe he thinks he has 1 hour and not one minute.

Alberon

Maybe it just feels like an hour.

Meanwhile, Mitch McConnell signals again that Trump should probably be convicted.

QuoteSenate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has just said the following in a memo to colleagues.

"While the press has been full of speculation, I have not made a final decision on how I will vote and I intend to listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate," he said.

The Senate will only stage a trial if the House votes shortly to impeach. The trial probably won't happen before Mr Trump leaves office.

For the Republican Senate Majority Leader to say that means there's a strong chance Trump will be convicted this time, but it won't happen until he leaves office next week.

druss

Quote from: Alberon on January 13, 2021, 09:00:27 PM
Maybe it just feels like an hour.

Meanwhile, Mitch McConnell signals again that Trump should probably be convicted.

For the Republican Senate Majority Leader to say that means there's a strong chance Trump will be convicted this time, but it won't happen until he leaves office next week.
Wouldn't put it past our Mitch for this to just be a bit of grandstanding and for him to oppose impeachment.

McConnell is obviously just baiting them into wasting a bunch of time on this meaningless garbage instead of confirming cabinet pickets, et cetera

The Democrat leadership are extremely dumb, so..

Pseudopath

Ha ha! Probably the most-statesmanlike speech he's ever made, but what a cuck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNiNdsPHNA

Of course every loon on The Donald is convinced it's a deepfake.

idunnosomename

wow thats a lot of pictures on that table. waiting for it to collapse

ugh his hands together look like an udder. gross

Alberon

Lumping the BLM protestors in with the Capitol Building invaders again. Also throwing his MAGA supporters under the bus and then ending with unsubtle pleading to have his social media restored.

gib

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 13, 2021, 11:15:45 PM
Ha ha! Probably the most-statesmanlike speech he's ever made, but what a cuck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNiNdsPHNA

"i cannot emphasize that there must be no violence"

https://youtu.be/hDNiNdsPHNA?t=173

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 13, 2021, 11:15:45 PM

To be fair, it looks a bit like one. It's more likely a combination of poor depth of field and shitty compression, but it does look weird.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 13, 2021, 11:31:27 PM
To be fair, it looks a bit like one. It's more likely a combination of poor depth of field and shitty compression, but it does look weird.
donald trump always looks like a deepfake

Noodle Lizard

It's not the first time I've been shocked by the quality of video content from The White House. It always looks green-screened, for some odd reason.

Sonny_Jim

Probably because it is green screened.  The White house has a 'secure' media room for addressing the public in times of crisis, apparently Donald uses it all the time.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on January 14, 2021, 02:23:59 AM
Probably because it is green screened.  The White house has a 'secure' media room for addressing the public in times of crisis, apparently Donald uses it all the time.

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 13, 2021, 11:19:38 PM
wow thats a lot of pictures on that table. waiting for it to collapse

Laura Palmer on the far right.  gnitseretnI.

evilcommiedictator

Some wag on the twitter has called the "day of pigs". Quite like that

Mister Six

What's Shapiro got against Pauline Kael? Other than her being an intelligent woman. I can't imagine he's a massive Cassavetes fan.

jobotic

I know I know I know that it's the desired affect but all this comparing Corbyn to Trump is making me want to curl up and die.

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1349683284922531840?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Blue Jam

Where are we now? Has the eschaton been immanentized yet?