Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump supporters storming Congress [split topic]

Started by Mister Six, January 06, 2021, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bernice on January 11, 2021, 06:57:33 PM
I'm not sure, either, that one can't feel sorry for someone and hold them responsible for their own actions at the same time.

Not that your comment was directed squarely towards myself but to re-emphasise my own stance; I absolutely have empathy for them (I cited Jeffrey Dahmer as an example of my psychological approach earlier).  I have empathy for everyone.  What I don't have is sympathy.  It would appear that we're in agreement.

Blumf

St_Eddie

Aaron500

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 11, 2021, 09:33:17 PM
boooooooooooooo

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/capitol-riot-taser-death/

That's disappointing. The details, including that it was a painting of Tip O'Neil, were quite specific. Maybe he lied to his wife (he seemed like a Capitol invading MAGA fuckwit from his social media), and the Irish fella saw someone else collapse.

Anyway, Google his name in 10 years, it will come up that he died after tasering himself in the balls.

idunnosomename

he tasered his balls and shit his pants and poo came out

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Mister Six on January 11, 2021, 05:36:00 PM
Made me choke on my drink.

Aye, all this "we're awful, what's the point" glum defeatism is self-fulfilling and should have died out with Gen X.

We can builds better future, and will, even if we have to go through a quite shit present first.

Minds poisoned by listening to superliminal rush lyrics

chveik

Blumf

evilcommiedictator

I thought Star Trek happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

daf

Cerys

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on January 12, 2021, 12:22:13 AM
Splitting herrs, shurely?

Oh, dammit!  I knew that there was a better joke in there somewhere and you found it!  Knew I should have taken German in school instead of French.  Merde!

Cerys

Trust me, the ability to make puns is not a comfortable one.  The look my daughter gives me each time casts the shadow of a substandard nursing home in thick, crawling bleakness over my future.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on January 12, 2021, 03:39:23 AM
Trust me, the ability to make puns is not a comfortable one.  The look my daughter gives me each time casts the shadow of a substandard nursing home in thick, crawling bleakness over my future.

Your pun related woes have gained both my empathy and my sympathy.

Mister Six

Before it was shut down, Parler was hacked and all its data, including conversations and identities of users, was sent to the FBI. That includes stuff that was supposed to have been deleted but was merely marked as "deleted" and made inaccessible to non-administrators.

That means the FBI now has the private conversations and plans of every right-wing cunt that ever used the thing.

Ha!

Sonny_Jim

Even better, they have ID scans (because a lot of Parler users 'verified' their account), so it's utterly trivial to match usernames to real life people.  Seems that the 'Kraken' has become the 'Kraked'?  Does that work?  Probably not.

Helvetica Scenario

Presumably that's where the FBI heard about this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-supporters-armed-protests-fbi/

QuoteThe FBI is warning law enforcement across the country that groups are calling for the "storming" of federal, state and local courthouses in all 50 states if President Trump is removed from office prior to Inauguration Day on January 20, a law enforcement source told CBS News.

The groups are calling for participants to come armed at their own discretion, according to the FBI's alert, which also said that there are reports of non-specified threats being made against President-elect Joe Biden, Vice President-elect Kamala Harris and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

The alert comes as law enforcement across the country scrambles to assess whether a violent incursion into the Capitol building by supporters of Mr. Trump on January 6 could lead to further violence before Mr. Biden's inauguration. The attack on the Capitol left five dead, including a police officer. Another Capitol police officer committed suicide on Saturday.

The possibility of violence on January 17, in particular, had already caught the attention of Twitter. The social media giant cited "a proposed secondary attack" on the U.S. Capitol and state capitol buildings on that day in its January 8 announcement that it was permanently suspending Mr. Trump's account.

One flyer that briefly appeared on various social media sites called for an armed march from the "Washington Memorial to the White House (and all 50 state capitols)."

"Come armed at your personal discretion," the flyer read.

The National Park Service announced Monday that it is closing the Washington Monument through January 24 in response to "credible threats" stemming from the deadly riot at the Capitol.

"Groups involved in the January 6, 2021 riots at the U.S. Capitol continue to threaten to disrupt the 59th presidential inauguration on January 20, 2021," the National Park Service said in a statement.

The agency may also institute temporary closures to many National Mall public facilities and roadways, it said.

As part of the government's effort to respond to the January 6 attack, the Transportation Security Administration is also detailing additional federal Air Marshals to flights into and out of the Capitol region, a source tells CBS News.

Chedney Honks

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mister Six on January 11, 2021, 05:36:00 PM
Made me choke on my drink.

Aye, all this "we're awful, what's the point" glum defeatism is self-fulfilling and should have died out with Gen X.

We can builds better future, and will, even if we have to go through a quite shit present first.

Gen X is still almost entirely alive, you bell end. Also, a reminder that Gen X didn't form fascist movements and march on the Capitol because they didn't like the result of an election.

steve98

Fatso here shouting for the politicians deaths is the creature caught on vid battering a cop with a flagpole. Good luck in court fatso, good luck :)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348801118416089090

steve98

Here's an artist's impression of how he might look now, bless 'im.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on January 11, 2021, 05:16:21 PM
Sure we may all have that capacity (and many others), it's choosing what to grow and what to tear out that's the mark of person.  And that's our choice and responsibility.  Whether humans have reached their zenith or not is immaterial, this is personal.  Master race, be fucked.

Behaviour is fostered by the environment people see around them and how their coping mechanisms have evolved to adapt to it.

There are a few who choose to adapt by withdrawing from most aspects of the prevailing culture but that is a natural variation and a tiny minority. Just because it is possible doesn't make it achievable or likely.

If you want meaningful change then the environment and culture needs reforming. If you leave people to their own devices they will try to adapt to hardship and reduced rights rather than fighting against it, until a tipping point is reached where there is nothing left to lose.

Successful labour movements have managed to sustain positive cultural habits like community activism, solidarity with others, understanding the power of the collective and hostility to impositions of hardship and decline, but that is vanishing and certainly in the UK most people are lost, they can't see the ground being swallowed up beneath their feet or can and would rather deny it. It is beyond simply demanding that individuals pull themselves together.

St_Eddie

Quote from: steve98 on January 12, 2021, 07:47:36 AM
Here's an artist's impression of how he might look now, bless 'im.

Noel Fielding's moon has let himself go.

Urinal Cake

Maybe I'm giving these guys too much credit but won't the just bunker down now? Then they'll pop up on some historically significant date and do some shit against a lower profile target.

Also apparently Trump hasn't offered his condolences to the cops or his supporters that died because of this shit. Cops and military vets.  Probably still in his angry space about the PGA.

checkoutgirl

It took him a week to call Pence so that's no surprise. Essentially he incited an invasion against his own vice president (who was unshakably loyal) so not much is surprising about him at this stage. How many western leaders incite a mob to attack government buildings? Even in third world countries that is relatively rare. The downplaying of this and 70 plus percent support from Republican voters still surprises me because I'm wondering what has to happen for these people to get off the crazy train. Maybe there is no limit.