Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NHS England forecasts min. 1500 bed deficit in London by 19 Jan

Started by Zetetic, January 06, 2021, 11:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Currently London has 5500 beds occupied by COVID cases.[nb]Don't believe England includes ?COVID in this?[/nb]

NHS England's forecasts are between 9500 and 12,400 COVID-occupied beds within a fortnight.

Zetetic

Zetetic

Wonder if this is the same as the model we get from the Cabinet Office.
Spoiler alert
(Because we've got some much more exciting ones for here than that one...)
[close]

JamesTC

I've got a bed free in the spare room if they can manage the trek to Bootle.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Leaked UK Government Message to be Broadcast 19th January

Stay at home
to die
Protect the NHS
by dying at home
Save Lives Beds

shiftwork2

First hints of loss of control coming from my Trust this morning.  I'm afraid January 2021 will be one of the low points of this everlasting shit show.

GMTV

Will the Christmas relaxation in rules be landing in the next few days with a further spike in cases, or are we seeing that already?

Should be seeing it already. It takes up to 14 days to show symptoms, so anyone who caught it on Xmas Day should be sick by now. NYE is the next major event so we should be seeing cases from that for another week.

We might see another uptick from people doing last minute panic shopping, haircuts and get togethers just before lockdown, although lockdown conditions aren't much different from Tier 4 so it might not be that drastic.

George Oscar Bluth II

The government's sole policy is to hold off imposing restrictions to the last possible moment so hospitals are not overwhelmed and they have failed at that,

idunnosomename

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 07, 2021, 06:52:06 PM
The government's sole policy is to hold off imposing restrictions to the last possible moment so hospitals are not overwhelmed and they have failed at that,
it doesnt look good for bozza!

oh wait my mistake, it's fine

Chedney Honks

Next person who mentions the flu (in any context) I'm going to punch their heart straight through theur fucking chest 👊♥️😂

jobotic

These graphs are always alarming.

Can't we have some nice reassuring ones for once?

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 08, 2021, 04:51:35 AM
Next person who mentions the flu (in any context) I'm going to punch their heart straight through theur fucking chest 👊♥️😂

I never get the flu so chances are i won't get this, result.

JamesTC