Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A fightstick/arcade stick thread

Started by Spiteface, January 07, 2021, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

There was one a bit like this back in July, but sod it, new year new thread.

These are my two fightsticks:

A Qanba Obsidian and MadCatz TE2+ (bought for a decent price just after MadCatz went down the shitter) Both at present, have the Sanwa levers & buttons they came with. A few things:

a) Seems pointless having two stick theoretically the same.b) been wanting to experiement for ages.
c) The lever on the obsidian seems to be at an angle anyway. It functions just fine but it bugs me, and I think it's the lever rather than anything structural with the chassis.

So I've ordered a new lever, a Seimitsu LS-56-01 to be precise. I've also got myself an octagonal gate as I've noticed myself hitting some accidental diagonals playing Tekken lately.

Also, as it was only a couple of quid, I'm gonna muck about with a Kowal oversized actuator in a Sanwa and see how that feels.

I'll be testing these things in the TE2+, as it's designed to be opened up and modded. May experiment with one of ArcadeShock's Noir panels, too.

The things I like best I'll probably carry out on the Obsidian as I prefer the wider and more rigid feel of the Obsidian's chassis. Also gonna have a look at quieter buttons in the Obsidian. Thought about custom art, but I might just go with a brushed Aluminuim panel, partly inspired by a Hori Fighting Edge I briefly owned.

Anyone else want to post their stick pics/talk about shit they've done with their sticks/hitboxes/whatever, please do.

State of this.

I like the qanba q4 shells, I like the LS-40 for shmups, I finally got my hands on a brook universal fighting board and put that in one of my sticks.

I want to try a hori shell because I want to try the LS-62. I bought one about a year ago and it doesn't fit in the qanbas :(