Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Free DVDs / Blu-Rays

Started by wasp_f15ting, January 07, 2021, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasp_f15ting

Hi all,

With the ever changing pace of technology I am sure most of you have stuff to give away to other people.
In lockdown this might be a nice way to spread cheer / misery of films to others.

If people want to have their recipient pay for postage that can be up to them. I don't mind paying £1.26 or whatever to send it off to you. So all you have to do is ask for the DVD / BR and it is yours. No strings attached.
I am not going to be shipping anywhere outside of the UK due to customs malarky..

Films I have to offer are:

1. Tree of life - Blu-Ray Region B
2. Story of Sin - Blu-Ray Region A/B (Still sealed)
3. Hour of the wolf - DVD - UK Region (Whatever that is)
4. Ghost World - DVD - UK Region
5. Thor - Blu-Ray .. (Zavvi sent this to me in error and wont take it back - Still sealed)
6. The Deep End BFI - Region B - I can't stand to have this film in my collection its so bad :(

I'll have a few more soon - as the Criterion releases arrive.

Cheers and hope this allows people their inner Marie Kondo and make someone else happy

kittens

if i ask you to send me the tree of life blu ray do i have to offer a blu ray to someone else? i have no blu rays to offer

wasp_f15ting

No, its yours PM your address :)

jenna appleseed

Anyone want the Poundland sampler of about 3 episodes of The New Stateman
or the crappy live action Thunderbirds remake with added Busted music video?

(something towards postage if you can afford'll be nice but you don't have to).

eta: both UK region 2 probably.

Jim_MacLaine

Does Deep End include the extended hot dog eating scene?[nb]This is a joke but that kid does eat a lot of dawgs in cod soho[/nb]

Does it include the documentary?

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on January 07, 2021, 11:58:29 PM
Does Deep End include the extended hot dog eating scene?[nb]This is a joke but that kid does eat a lot of dawgs in cod soho[/nb]

Does it include the documentary?

Yeah that hot dog scene annoyed the hell out of me he had like 10 hot dogs!!

This is the BR in question
http://shop.bfi.org.uk/deep-end-dvd-bluray.html

I didn't bother watching the extras :)

Jim_MacLaine

Well the hot dog binge is the primary reason i'd like to bagsy this but i'd like to watch the doc too.

More than willing to pay postage of course.

wasp_f15ting

Not a problem, shall pop this in the post to you tomorrow just ping me your address via PM.
Shall post Kitten's Tree of life at the same time

wasp_f15ting

New Blu-Ray available:-

The Red Shoes - UK Blu-ray (Not Criterion)

Egyptian Feast

I've never got around to seeing that but it looks lush, can I bagsy it? I'll PM you my details.

wasp_f15ting

Sure its yours. One of my fave films of all time - the Blu-Ray looks like a brand-new film!

wasp_f15ting

Sorry for the delay in shipping gents - shall be on its way to you this Saturday :)

Items that have been claimed are:

1. Tree of life
2. Deep End
3. The Red Shoes

wasp_f15ting

I have an extra version of Body Double - Powerhouse Blu-Ray if someone wants it.

This is one of my favourite recent discoveries, so got the limited edition for myself.
As such the standard version with all extras is up for grabs if anyone fancies it :)

Chedney Honks

If I could, I would pos these posts. Very good of you.

kittens

yes, very grateful for my FREE BLU-RAY which arrived today.

Neomod

Body Double the De Palma Body Double? Is that held in high regard these days?

Chedney Honks

It's great, and the Powerhouse Indicator Blu-ray is fucking gorgeous.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on January 30, 2021, 02:40:44 PM
I have an extra version of Body Double - Powerhouse Blu-Ray if someone wants it.

This is one of my favourite recent discoveries, so got the limited edition for myself.
As such the standard version with all extras is up for grabs if anyone fancies it :)

Hi! PM'ed you there, posting herewith by request.

wasp_f15ting

Yours Sir - Shall be posted next week
If you could ping me your address please

wasp_f15ting

Remaining Discs

2. Story of Sin - Blu-Ray Region A/B (Still sealed) Arrow Academy
3. Hour of the wolf - DVD - UK Region (Whatever that is)
5. Thor - Blu-Ray .. (Zavvi sent this to me in error and wont take it back - Still sealed)

Magnum Valentino

I'll pass one on, then - Dazed and Confused on Region A DVD (the American version), Criterion Collection. Lovely poster and book and great extras, if you have a multi region player.

I've just got the blu-ray so no need for it anymore.

Disc_4

I'd like Hour of the Wolf please, if possible? will pm you the details if still available!

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Disc_4 on January 30, 2021, 07:04:57 PM
I'd like Hour of the Wolf please, if possible? will pm you the details if still available!

Still available - PM your address and I shall post it to you next week

Egyptian Feast

I got my Red Shoes just in time for Saturday night. Thanks so much, waspy.

Jim_MacLaine

I've some hi-def hot dog action to look forward to as I got my Deep End today. Cheers wasp_f15ting!

Herbert Ashe

Also done some upgrading to blu, so here's some stuff for anyone interested:

Police Story 1 + 2, Project A 1 + 2 (Jackie Chan, 1980s) - these are the Hong Kong Legends DVD from the 2000s, so decent editions with extras and that.
Valerie and her Week of Wonders (Jaromir Jires, 1970) - the Second Run DVD.
Alice (Jan Svankmajer) - this is the DVD from the BFI dual edition, you'll only get the disc, no packaging.
Seijun Suzuki: The Early Years Vol 1 and Vol 2 (the Arrow boxsets but DVDs only - again, discs only, no packaging)
Drunken Master (Yuen Wo-ping, 1978) - DVD from the Masters of Cinema edition, disc only, yada yada you get the idea

I don't mind paying postage, so if you want maybe just bung a few quid to Neil instead.

wasp_f15ting

Sorry gents lost access to my account when I moved to a new password manager!

I posted hour of the wolf to Disc_4

I just wanted to check if Magnum if I still have your correct address before I ship it!

I now have a brand new copy of the BR version of Battle Royal Collectors Edition - giving away as I have 4K version now.
First come first served drop me a PM and I'll send it off when I head to the post office!

wasp_f15ting

Thanks for all your interest in Battle Royale, holyzombiejesus was the first to message - shall post this and Magnum's Body Double this week.

wasp_f15ting

Discs still available:-

2. Story of Sin (Walerian Borowczyk) - Blu-Ray Region A/B (Still sealed) Arrow Academy