Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can anyone help me finding the term for this expression

Started by dead-ced-dead, January 07, 2021, 09:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Chedney Honks

It's demonstrative superciliousness.

She is superior in many ways, but because of her own vulnerabilities and superficial disregard for others, she also feels the need to show that she's superior to bolster her often fragile ego. This rarely has the intended effect, and rather creates a level of mutual animosity which then motivates further demonstrative superciliousness because now she wants to punish them for their resentment. She is tormented by her own self-perception.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Also, she has a big dragon, and she's not afraid to use it.

Cerys

She's clearly in the process of squeezing a rather long fart through a very tight sphincter.  If you look carefully at her face, you'll be able to hear the sound - like the air escaping a balloon that has painful delusions of being an oboe.

Magnum Valentino

It's the particular "aw, bless" brand of patronising.

Norton Canes

popcorn

Sorry if this is an annoying suggestion but, assuming this is going to be an instruction for an actor, try writing out in concrete terms what the character is feeling/expressing, rather than having them guess based on your description of the smirk.

eg:

Sarah SMIRKS, like "fuck you, I win and there's nothing you can do".

Also remember that many people don't know what the fuck supercilious means, including me.

dex