Author Topic: Post-Brexit fallout - we can't have our cake or eat it  (Read 38988 times)

Re: Post-Brexit fallout - we can't have our cake or eat it
« Reply #540 on: July 08, 2021, 07:47:34 PM »
18 pages of mostly whining, so may I point out that England were last in a major footie final in 1966 prior to joining the Common Market. Since we left Europe we have now reached our first final since then.

Makes you think.

I might as well be the first non-English poster to point out that ‘England’ has never been a member of the Common Market or, indeed, the EU.

(I know you’re ‘doing a bit’, but, yeah...that seems to be how a fair number of people south of the border think).

« Reply #541 on: July 08, 2021, 07:56:57 PM »
18 pages of mostly whining, so may I point out that England were last in a major footie final in 1966 prior to joining the Common Market. Since we left Europe we have now reached our first final since then.

Makes you think.

Embraced the North Koreans and took them to heart during that tournament. Assisted by Soviet officials in the final.

Now that the team is engaging in clear Marxist support the glory days are back.

« Reply #542 on: July 08, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »

A PLOT where people move to nicer countries HOW DARE THEY NOT STAY HERE

I can tell that's from the Express just from the layout and the use of the word "plot". They love that, along with "brutal", "humiliated", "on brink", "horror" and "panic". It's cancer-tier clickbait for beetroot-faced Englanders, and very much the in-house newsletter for Brexit. I hate it.

« Reply #543 on: July 08, 2021, 08:44:38 PM »
Apart from the fact that it's not the EU that has wooed them away but the UK that has driven them away, I'd bet most of the British nationals moving to Europe as a result of Brexit are exactly the sort of woke snowflakes that the average Brexiter would be happy to see the back of.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #544 on: July 19, 2021, 04:36:20 PM »
The latest Brexiteer answer to labour shortages caused by Brexit - make "illegial" immigrants do the work.

https://i.imgur.com/qmbP3sp.png

Looks like a letter printed in the Scum.

Of course many refugees and asylum seekers would love to work rather than survive on the very low benefits they get (£39.63 per week, which wouldn't even cover my weekly food bill).

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

« Reply #545 on: July 20, 2021, 11:26:15 PM »
Flora? I thought you said marmalade!

Flora?, I can fucking hear you and I live in Middlesbrough

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2021, 08:47:25 AM »
The UK is expected to warn the EU it is prepared to unilaterally override the Brexit arrangements for Northern Ireland if a simplified agreement cannot be reached.

The Northern Ireland Protocol helps prevent the need for checks on the island of Ireland's internal border.

But Lord Frost says its implementation is unbalanced and unsustainable.

The Brexit minister will explain the government's proposals in a statement to Parliament later.

The deal was negotiated by Lord Frost but he is expected to say the protocol needs to be radically changed.

However the UK will not be triggering Article 16 of the protocol - which would allow it to suspend parts of the Brexit deal - "in the short term", a government source has said.

UK once again threatening to breach its obligations. It was this government that agreed this deal and now they don't like it. Maybe they should have thought about that before agreeing the deal, indeed maybe people like Johnson should have thought about this issue before backing Brexit.

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • A cloud doesn’t get shoved for no reason.
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2021, 08:57:39 AM »
It's deliberate. Every time they openly break the law or break their word and get away with it, it erodes the trust in the institutions and people who trade in that trust. They're weakening the bonds of society.

Norton Canes

• Pick up the pace with your cracked-out face
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2021, 09:26:51 AM »
The latest Brexiteer answer to labour shortages caused by Brexit - make "illegial" immigrants do the work.

https://i.imgur.com/qmbP3sp.png

Derek appears to be suggesting we get illegal immigrants to drive lorries. I'm all for that!

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #549 on: July 21, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »
It's deliberate. Every time they openly break the law or break their word and get away with it, it erodes the trust in the institutions and people who trade in that trust. They're weakening the bonds of society.

Very much this.

« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2021, 10:26:25 AM »
Derek appears to be suggesting we get illegal immigrants to drive lorries. I'm all for that!

Poor Derek only suggesting some immigrants should help out with lorry driving and agricultural fields but the editor decides to state that all of them be sent to the fields.

« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2021, 12:01:26 PM »

Yes but they don't get away with it when they break the law - they suffer the consequences. Look - these people have to have a day off work!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/21/tory-mps-suspended-for-trying-to-influence-judge-in-elphicke-case

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2021, 01:15:04 PM »
And here's a capitalist talking about how Brexit is attacking growth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBBjVze4cNg

« Reply #553 on: July 22, 2021, 12:25:48 PM »
Gaps in supermarket shelves and freezers caused partly due to a lack of staff/transport because of Brexit, as well as COVID. Whodathunkit.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #554 on: July 22, 2021, 12:33:45 PM »
We had literally no idea Brexit would have these effects though!

« Reply #555 on: July 23, 2021, 08:35:46 AM »
This is interesting on the HGV shortage problem: https://orynski.eu/20-reasons-why-there-is-shortage-of-drivers-in-the-uk/.

One thing I hadn't appreciated before was that truck drivers from elsewhere in Europe might have a delivery in one British city and a pickup in another but would take a cargo between those two cities so they weren't driving empty, but with fewer EU trucks now coming over that's meant a whole chunk of local capacity has gone.

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • A cloud doesn’t get shoved for no reason.
« Reply #556 on: July 23, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »
NO IT IS BECAUSE THEY'RE LAZY RULE BREXITANNIA

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #557 on: July 25, 2021, 10:49:14 AM »
Miliband not being shit for a change. Or is Starmer so bad as Labour leader that even Miliband - who at least didn't want to totally destroy the Labour Party like Starmer does - now looks good by comparison

https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1418833659570888704

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #558 on: July 25, 2021, 03:30:40 PM »
The same people who called people raising concerns about Brexit "Project Fear" are now saying that no one could have known the deal wouldn't work:

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1418108159575699459

On, and it's the EU's fault for not being "flexible". Not our fault for agreeing a rubbish deal and telling everyone it was a great victory.

Tags: