Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:43:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Man with gun acts very silly, accidentally shoots near his willy

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 08, 2021, 12:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zetetic on January 10, 2021, 11:24:28 PM
It's getting close to one in ten of the adult population.

That seems quite a substantial proportion to deny a supposed "fundamental right".

I don't think your characterisation of people who end up on the mental health bit of NICS as "psychotic" is particularly accurate or helpful, noting that US mental health providers have a significant history of criminally unnecessary forced admission (as ever with racial biases). (That's not my opinion, that's judgements of the DoJ in recent years.)
Or at least could obtain one if they really wanted. (Although this is true in quite a lot countries, isn't it? The UK remains unusual in how difficult it is to obtain guns.)

I think these controls only apply to shops, as far as I know there is no paperwork for private sales. Which through loopholes includes gun/trade shows.

Zetetic

The purchaser is still committing a crime if they're on the NICS.

I appreciate that's a different question to whether they're practically able to obtain a gun (e.g. as you say, via the loophole in many states).

Also - Does the loophole reinforce or undermine the way gun control's racial bias?
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kashanacauley/what-its-like-to-be-a-black-woman-at-a-gun-show