Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:21:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Simpsons: A Journey Through Shit

Started by JamesTC, January 08, 2021, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapple MyPad?

Mapple MyPad
2 (7.1%)
Mapple MyPad
0 (0%)
Mapple MyPad
6 (21.4%)
Mapplethorpe
16 (57.1%)
Mapple MyPad
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 24, 2021, 08:55:16 AM

Speaking up fucking up the timeline.

https://ew.com/events/comic-con/the-simpsons-first-all-musical-episode-kristen-bell/?fbclid=IwAR0jELT45274gyUd0OkU-ciS1bBBhtf7dep4Ie39-jYzFrfJTLzQ9GYIPYU

"Marge has amazing memories of being the stage manager of her high school musical, Y2K: The Millennium Bug, and decides to restage it with everyone 20 years later for one last show," Selman tells EW of the plot. "But when her old high school nemesis comes to town, she realizes that her high school memories aren't what she thought they were."

Ooft.

JamesTC

That whole article is so depressing.

By the time the show ends in 6 or 7 years, I will be the same age as Marge. If they do a flashback episode in one of the last seasons, it will be to the same time as I was in high school. Perverse.

While looking up Marge's age, I ended up down a rabbit hole of in universe deaths on The Simpsons. Surprised to see Krabappel is implied to be dead in Season 25. Can't believe it was 8 years ago that Marcia Wallace passed away. Could have sworn it was only two or three years ago.

JamesTC

Quote from: ajsmith2 on July 25, 2021, 09:24:20 AM
Bit optimistic, no?

For some reason, I just have this feeling they will pack it in at Season 40. Hit a big round number then fuck off.

Pink Gregory

One of the major voices would have to either quit or die.  It sounds like Julie Kavner is *really* struggling, but let's be honest they'd probably replace everyone but Castellenata - there are definitely soundalikes waiting in the wings as well

Thursday

Quote from: JamesTC on July 25, 2021, 10:51:23 AM
For some reason, I just have this feeling they will pack it in at Season 40. Hit a big round number then fuck off.

Had hoped this would happen 20, or at least 30 since people kept going about them beating the previous record set by "Gunsmoke" at 26.

ajsmith2

Quote from: JamesTC on July 25, 2021, 10:51:23 AM

They used to say that about Season 30 :(

JamesTC

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 25, 2021, 11:14:29 AM
One of the major voices would have to either quit or die.  It sounds like Julie Kavner is *really* struggling, but let's be honest they'd probably replace everyone but Castellenata - there are definitely soundalikes waiting in the wings as well

They replaced Russi Taylor but didn't replace Marcia Wallace. They also recently replaced all non-yellow characters to be voiced by non-white people.

They have laid the groundwork for recasting. But I think the indifference the show receives these days would turn to sustained hatred if they tried to replace any of the core cast.

Quote from: Simpsons WikiSanta's Little Helper has been implied to be bisexual.

Enough Simpsons Wiki for me today.

Mobbd

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 25, 2021, 01:02:36 AM
This episode is based on the career of Shepard Fairey who became famous in 2008, 4 years before the episode aired, for his poster of Barack Obama with the word HOPE on it. He had cult fame in the early 90s for putting up lots of stickers of Andre The Giant's face with the word OBEY below it for no reason other than that it was lolrandom. So he's pretty much patron saint of latter-day Simpsons, as well as inventing the unfunny meme.

What do you mean? How does SF doing the hope poster and the obey stickers make him "patron saint of latter-day Simpsons"?

idunnosomename

Quote"When she sings, it comes out beautiful, like Kristen Bell." As you might have noticed, the episode was inspired by the concept of Disney+ reality series Encore, which Bell hosted.

No. Why would I have done. but ugh

JamesTC

I've been reading up some upcoming plots for the next few seasons. Here is a game: below are ten upcoming Simpsons plots in my journey, 7 are real and 3 are made up by me.

• Homer gets depressed when his Mapple MyPad breaks.
  • Grandpa used to be a famous wrestler.
  • Homer and Marge get into BDSM.
  • Reverend Lovejoy becomes a Hot Tub salesman.
  • Comic Book Guy goes on a diet and Homer is his personal trainer.
  • Monorail sequel.
  • Disco Stu flashback episode.
  • After a fire at the retirement home, Grandpa moves in with the family.
  • After a health violation at the retirement home, Grandpa moves in with the family.
  • After the retirement home goes bust, Grandpa moves in with the family.

St_Eddie

My bet would be that the following are the phony episode plots...

• Homer and Marge get into BDSM.
  • Reverend Lovejoy becomes a Hot Tub salesman.
  • After the retirement home goes bust, Grandpa moves in with the family.

Although it really wouldn't surprise me if they are genuine episodes, just as it also wouldn't surprise me if Grandpa Simpson does in fact move in with the family across three entirely separate episodes.

JamesTC

Poobum

Deffo remember the Lovejoys being in bondage gear, and an anemic parody of 50 shades is definitely about par for the writers.

I'd guess Hot Tub salesman, Disco Stu flashback, and Monorail sequel.

JamesTC

Video Game Fan 2000

Hot Tub, Comic Book Guy Diet, Fire at the retirement home

JamesTC

Spoiler alert
1/3
[close]

I think it is probably fair at this point that I mention that the episode with
Spoiler alert
Reverend Lovejoy becoming a Hot Tub salesman
[close]
is real.

kalowski

Homer and Marge get into BDSM.
Disco Stu Flashback
After a fire at the retirement home, Grandpa moves in with the family.

Video Game Fan 2000

Spoiler alert
the grandpa simpson ones are all the fakes arent they
[close]

JamesTC

Quote from: kalowski on July 25, 2021, 10:24:51 PM
Homer and Marge get into BDSM.
Disco Stu Flashback
After a fire at the retirement home, Grandpa moves in with the family.

Spoiler alert
1/3
[close]

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 25, 2021, 10:31:27 PM
Spoiler alert
the grandpa simpson ones are all the fakes arent they
[close]

Spoiler alert
Nope.
[close]

JamesTC

The fake plots that I made up:

• Spoiler alert
    Comic Book Guy goes on a diet and Homer is his personal trainer.
    [close]
  • Spoiler alert
    Disco Stu flashback episode.
    [close]
  • Spoiler alert
    After the retirement home goes bust, Grandpa moves in with the family.
    [close]

After posting, I hurriedly Googled as I was worried I might have accidentally made up an actual episode but it seems like they haven't done any of these.

wrec

They're all more believable than some of the real ones

buttgammon

Quote from: wrec on July 25, 2021, 11:00:53 PM
They're all more believable than some of the real ones

Yeah, it didn't even occur to me that they were the made-up ones, but considering the crap they go for these days, that's what should have tipped me off.

idunnosomename

all simpsons episodes are made-up to be fair.

just wish they would stop

What is the monorail sequel? (Hoo boy)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

So, *two* episodes where Grandpa moves in with the family?

JamesTC

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 26, 2021, 07:20:30 AM
So, *two* episodes where Grandpa moves in with the family?

To Cur with Love (Season 24) and The Winter of His Content (Season 25).

Quote from: Master Cylinder on July 26, 2021, 04:27:41 AM
What is the monorail sequel? (Hoo boy)

The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used to Be (Season 29). They kill Sebastian Cobb.

idunnosomename

don't you love wikis that try to construct character biographies out of jokes

QuoteFrom the time that Lanley hired him to construct a monorail for North Haverbrook, Cobb suspected foul play. This was proven true when he saw Lanley for the con-artist he really is in cutting costs and building the monorails from cheap, unstable material (rather than spend money to make a monorail from expensive and stable materials).

QuoteDeath
He has hit by the old monorail in "The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be". However, his death wasn't confirmed meaning he could have survived.

thanks

JamesTC

You think that's bad? What about the page that tries to assert sexual continuity in The Simpsons.

Still, the most embarrassing thing on that website is the fact that they state the episode Principal and the Pauper is non-canon.

stonkers

Is the basis for it not being canon just that some fans have decided it isn't?