Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Simpsons: A Journey Through Shit

Started by JamesTC, January 08, 2021, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapple MyPad?

Mapple MyPad
2 (7.1%)
Mapple MyPad
0 (0%)
Mapple MyPad
6 (21.4%)
Mapplethorpe
16 (57.1%)
Mapple MyPad
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 24, 2021, 08:55:16 AM

JamesTC

Season 22 - Episode 22 - The Ned-Liest Catch

Bart is going nuts in assembly and causing havoc. Krabappel slaps Bart and the whole school is shocked. Krabappel is suspended and until her hearing she must go to a teacher holding facility, which is just a place where they try to force teachers to quit so they don't have to deal with them. Bart turns up to try to break Krabappel out. Krabappel makes a teacher/student paedophilia joke. Bart goes down the ladder to escape the building but when Krabappel goes down, the ladder breaks but Flanders catches her. Flanders and Krabappel decide to go on a date which is the plot of the episode.

Flanders parts the sea using God magic. Krabappel is able to return to work. Krabappel takes off her bra but Flanders reveals he isn't into pre-marital sex. They watch a cheese documentary and get closer. Bart is annoyed when he realises Krabappel will be next door all the time. Santa's Little Helper can do maths because he is a good doggy. Homer and Bart are throwing various balls over the fence to annoy Flanders but Krabappel is watching and has a grimace. Krabappel and Flanders knock and Krabappel tells Homer to stop being rude to Flanders and to return everything he borrowed from him. Homer and Bart create a plan to break them up. Homer tries to show Flanders how good the single life is and Bart tries to scare Rod and Todd off Krabappel.

Bart fails in scaring off Rod and Todd with stories of Cinderella, as they already do the housework like she did for her evil stepmother. Homer wishes Krabappel and Flanders well after a conversation with Flanders but then everybody at the bar talks about how they all know Krabappel if you know what I mean. What I mean is they all had sex with her. Flanders is now sad. Flanders is cold with Krabappel. Flanders sees the faces of all of Krabappel's past lovers on hers when he goes to kiss her. Flanders leaves her flat screaming. Homer tries to convince Flanders to "forgive" Krabappel. Flanders tells Krabappel that he forgives her for dating all the men and she flips saying she isn't ashamed of her past and he will have to accept her as she is. Flanders says this will have to be decided by a higher power...

The screen freezes and Marge and Homer come on screen to reveal that whether they are staying together will be put to a public vote on TheSimpsons.com. Credits roll with Marge saying that if you are watching this on reruns or DVD then you can't vote anymore. Homer berates the audience for not being there when it originally aired and he doesn't want them to watch. Marge suggests that there is still great content on TheSimpsons.com even if you can't vote. That is unless the internet is down. Homer suggests that we could be living under Sharia Law or the machines have risen. Total fucking desperate shit.

TheSimpsons.com now redirects to either the Fox website or Disney+.

3/10 - I liked the bit when Santa's Little Helper did the maths.

JamesTC

Season 23 - Episode 1 - The Falcon and the D'ohman

The episode opens with Comic Book Guy telling the viewer that the results of "Nedna" will be seeded throughout the episode and revealed at the end. Does anybody actually give a shit?

Homer arrives late in work singing a song and puts his time card in to say he did loads of overtime. Homer tries to fistbump the security guard but it turns out it is a new security guard called Wayne who is aloof. Homer tries to befriend him and he vows his fist will be bumped. Marge fantasises she is on a reality cooking show. Homer is sad that Wayne doesn't like him.

Homer is driving home in the rain when he sees Wayne so offers him a lift. Wayne agrees to have one single beer with Homer but says their relationship must stay professional after this. Wayne goes to the toilet when Snake arrives and steals from everybody at Moe's but then Wayne saves them all. Wayne goes to the Simpsons house for a meal and he reveals he has special training to learn self-defence moves. Wayne leaves after we see a flashback to his self-defence training which is all wacky and he beat up Kobe Bryant. Flanders comes to the window and reveals a big change in his life: he is now drinking orange juice with pulp in. Ha fucking ha.

Wayne is now hounded by the press when he turns up for work. We see a Taiwan recreation of Wayne stopping Snake. Remember those Taiwan animations that were all the rage back then? Thank god that hasn't dated! Wayne just wants to get on with his job. Burns wants to give Wayne a silver hat but Wayne has a flashback to when he was a secret agent and had to have his memory erased by a silver hat and this makes him strangle Burns. Wayne is fired so Homer says he can stay at his home. Homer remembers a nightmare he had about the war against the machines with Lenny and Carl getting killed by a terminator.

Wayne keeps having PTSD about his tortured past. Flanders and Krabappel are revealed to be in bed together with a very brief shot. Wayne gives the family self-defence tricks. Wayne has more flashbacks to horrible events. Some guy in the Ukraine is watching memes on MyTube when he discovers Wayne on there and reveals he killed everybody he knew. Homer is kidnapped by the Ukrainian gangsters. Wayne has a flashback to the Ukrainian gangster's wife getting shot in the face. Wayne rescues Homer. Wayne stabs the Ukrainian gangster in the neck with a piece of broken glass. Wayne says he has to leave but fist bumps Homer before he goes. Marge suggests Wayne go and work for the DMV. Wayne goes to work for the DMV. Wayne has a flashback.

Credits roll with Krabappel and Flanders thanking fans for voting for them to stay together.

2/10 - The new season is off to a flying start.

purlieu

Only another nine seasons until you're caught up with the state of the show today!

Bernice

I had forgotten that Ned and Edna got together; I'm not sure I ever knew that it was put to a public vote. Fucking dire. Remember when Matt Groening thought that doing a crossover episode was beneath him, even when it produced a very good half hour of television?

JamesTC

Season 23 - Episode 2 - Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts

This guy does the couch gag. The Simpsons can't predict everything.

The family are going to a fundraiser for Springfield Elementary. Skinner is doing an auction and Bart prank calls pretending to be a wealthy woman from England and buys everything. Bart reveals the prank and everybody leaves for some reason. Skinner is berated by Super Nintendo Chalmers in the teacher's lounge and Skinner talks back telling him he would like to see him handle Bart. SNES Chalmers agrees to personally take responsibility of Bart which is the plot of the episode.

SNES has a flashback to when he was the teacher in The Breakfast Club except they all beat him up and did a dance on him. SNES teaches Bart about the American presidents. Bart finds Theodore Roosevelt interesting. SNES takes Bart to a national park set up by Roosevelt. Bart and Lisa fight over the best Roosevelt. Bart talks up Roosevelt to other boys at school so they all visit SNES at his home. SNES talks about how schools are now tailored to girls and that boys need to experience things to learn. SNES takes the boys to search for some of Roosevelt's spectacles in the Springfield forest. Nelson finds the glasses but falls down a big hill. SNES is reprimanded for taking the boys on an unauthorised field trip and Nelson's mother says she will sue him. SNES loses his job.

Bart can't learn in class because he only learned well through the way SNES taught him. Bart assembles the boys to get SNES his job back. The gang get all the teachers outside the school and then lock all the doors. Police and media turn up. SNES arrives and tells them to stand down but they say they won't until he gets his job back. Chief Wiggum accidentally shoots State Comptroller Atkins in the knee and he gives SNES his job back. Bart and SNES go on a horse ride through the national park. Credits roll.

2/10 - Even when The Simpsons was bad in earlier seasons it at least had some jokes. This production run really seems to have lightened up on the jokes which is just making the whole thing even worse. I spent the entire episode thinking of that one good joke from to decades ago when Ralph calls him a SNES.

JamesTC

Season 23 - Episode 3 - Treehouse of Horror XXII

Lisa and Bart return from trick or treating where Marge steals the candy to give to the army. Homer takes the candy to a cliff to eat himself. Homer falls down the cliff and gets his arm trapped. The rescue will take 20 minutes but that is too long so he bites his arm off but then opens the bag to find it had vegetables in and the kids are eating the candy at home.

The Diving Bell and the Butterball

Homer is paralysed and cannot move or speak. He remembers he got bitten by a spider. Lisa reads for him but he is so bored so he does a big fart to express his annoyance. Turns out he can communicate via farting. He writes a letter to Marge using his farts. Homer then gets bitten by another spider and becomes a paralysed Spiderman.

1/10

Dial D for Diddily

Parody of Dexter. Flanders is a murderer. Burns is dumping nuclear waste in the Springfield river so Flanders murders him. He then kills Snake. He then kills Patty and Selma. Turns out Homer is pretending to be God using a voice changer and telling him to do all this stuff. Patty and Selma are killed in a Road Runner parody for absolutely no reason. Flanders realises it is Homer behind it and says he is going to Hell so he will kill Homer. God turns up and kills Homer and blames Flanders when Marge walks in. Marge asks if God can return things back to normal but God says that the man downstairs wouldn't like it. The Devil turns up and Maude is his girlfriend.

1/10

In the Na'vi

AVATAR. AVATAR BIT. OTHER AVATAR BIT. BART HAS AVATAR SEX. BART GONNA BE AVATAR DADDY. MILITARY DEFEATED BY AVATARS LIKE IN AVATAR.

1/10

Absolute fucking shit. As funny as polio. The Avatar section has to be one of the most pathetic things The Simpsons has ever done.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: JamesTC on June 16, 2021, 11:21:22 PM
SNES talks about how schools are now tailored to girls and that boys need to experience things to learn.
oh boy I love how "sit quietly and listen to teacher" was fine until girls started out-performing boys and now boys have to be allowed to swing out of the ceiling in order to learn

JaDanketies

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 16, 2021, 08:50:21 PM
Another interesting idea utterly squandered.

It feels like this is a parody of something, with the missing class and dead (or not) kids, probably from the 1970s, does anybody know what?

The Goosebumps book The Haunted School?

idunnosomename

if these episodes were a person i couldnt hold myself back from punching them in the fucking face

Catalogue Trousers

Oh dear God, The Diving Bell And The Butterball. As I said, back on 8th January, 2014...

QuoteSaw one of the more recent Treehouse Of Horror episodes last night. It kicks off with a story about Homer being paralysed by a spider bite and only being able to communicate by farting. At the end of the tale, he gets bitten by another spider and turns into a paralysed Spiderman who goes around farting.

That is all.

mippy

I had absolutely forgotten about the Taiwan animation thing and had to Google to remember what the heck it even was.

Leej88

The Simpsons is like a old dog that is way past it's prime and needs to be took to the woods and shot.

dissolute ocelot

Season 23 ep 1 is a parody of an obscure old action movie (John Schlesinger's The Falcon and the Snowman), ep 2 is an educational short about Theodore Roosevelt, and ep 3 is unfunny parodies of some fairly recent stuff that the audience might have seen (5 years old at most). Nothing if not variety!

(And actually the Dexter parody isn't terrible at first, even if they've no idea how to end it[nb]a problem all the Treehouse of Horrors have[/nb], although I certainly agree it's not funny.)

Leej88

That Futurama crossover was unfunny and boring.

JamesTC

I forgot to mention earlier that Avatar Milhouse had an STD.

Season 23 - Episode 4 - Replaceable You

Bart is watching Itchy and Scratchy. Lisa shows Bart her science fair project. Bart works on his covid cootie shot but then gives up as it is too similar to his earlier cootie patch. Bart asks Martin for help. Homer is at work when he finds out he has a new assistant called Roz. Santa's Little Helper is wearing a Darth Vader helmet which gives Bart the idea to build a robo-pet. Homer thinks Santa's Little Helper is the real Darth Vader. Martin builds a robo-seal which proceeds to attack Bart. Bart then sets the robo-seal on Homer. Lisa comes second whereas Bart/Martin come first. Lisa is unhappy about coming 2nd. The seal cheers up Jasper at the old folks home.

Homer asks Roz to cover for him while he goes to see a movie with Barney. The movie is Paul Flart Water Park Cop. Homer arrives home and Burns is there and demotes him for skiving. Old Jewish Guy comes to Bart/Martin asking for more robo-seals. Roz is now Homer's boss. Roz turns up at Moe's and pays for drinks. The robo-seals go down a storm at the retirement home. Some evil businessmen decide to rewire the seals to be aggressive again for some reason. Roz is a mean boss to Homer. A woman at the retirement home is killed by one of the seals. The seals are taken into custody. Bart/Martin go to Frink for help getting the robots out of jail.

Homer talks to Flanders about Roz and he realises he knew her at a bible camp. Roz went crazy at Flanders when he hugged her. NAMBLA joke. Frink and the three nerds help send a signal to the seals to get them out. Roz is getting employee of the millennium award. Homer says Burns should hug Roz. Burns hugs Roz. Roz attacks Burns. Burns fires Roz. Homer gets his head stuck in the award. The robo-seals return to the retirement home. Everybody does a dance including Jesus and the dead lady in heaven.

2/10 - I liked it when Santa's Little Helper wore a Darth Vader helmet.

Quote from: JamesTC on January 16, 2021, 07:33:49 PM
Season 20 - Episode 15 - Wedding for Disaster

The HDTV did not fall off the wall.

The Parson (like a Bishop, I think) is visiting Springfield and everybody is really excited for some reason. He speaks to Reverend Lovejoy and tells him his ministerial certification has lapsed, so the various ceremonies are invalid which includes Homer and Marge's marriage which is the plot of the episode.

Homer tells Marge that the next wedding will be one she deserves. Homer is really romantic and proposes to Marge again. Homer and Marge plan the wedding. Marge is controlling and won't listen to any of Homer's suggestions at all. Homer accuses Marge of being a bridezilla. On the day of the wedding everything is as Marge wants it, but Homer has gone missing. Homer is trapped in a room like off of the Saw films.

Lisa and Bart discover a keyring on the floor with the initials SB which they believe to be Sideshow Bob's. They visit Bob and he is making a bust of Krusty. Krusty confirms he was with Bob all day, so it couldn't be him. Turns out the keyring belongs to Selma Bouvier, and it is Patty and Selma that have taken Homer hostage. Homer asks for his wedding vows to be read to Marge and reads them out for his captor and they have a change of heart. Homer reunites with Marge. Lisa and Bart confront Patty and Selma and force them to pay another wedding. Credits roll.

3/10

Surprised you didn't bring up that horrid joke about Helen Lovejoy being transgender.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Leej88 on June 17, 2021, 08:57:05 AM
The Simpsons is like a old dog that is way past it's prime and needs to be took to the woods and shot.

Old Yellow.  Like Old Yeller, but Old Yellow because the Simpsons are yellow.  lol

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

god I bet there's an episode called "Old Yellow"

JaDanketies

The one where Santa's Little Helper becomes the Duff mascot is called Old Yeller-Belly

The Mollusk

Remember the one where they flash-forward and Lisa is president, and an adult Bart shags Miss Hoover and makes a joke about her proficiency in giving oral sex? Season 11, that was. 21 years ago.

Ornlu

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 20, 2021, 10:52:08 AM
Remember the one where they flash-forward and Lisa is president, and an adult Bart shags Miss Hoover and makes a joke about her proficiency in giving oral sex? Season 11, that was. 21 years ago.

You're conflating two separate episodes; Lisa was President in the Season 11 one, but the Miss Hoover joke comes from season 25's Days of Future Future, which aired in 2014. Still no less unforgivable, of course.

The Mollusk

Ah my bad! Thanks for clarifying. That joke is fuckin gross.

Petey Pate

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 20, 2021, 10:52:08 AM

Two different episodes.  The Miss Hoover joke was more recent, god knows what season though. Ornlu already got there.

I remember thinking that the season 11 episode where Lisa is president was the worst episode I'd ever seen when I first saw it (probably less than 21 years ago).  The voice actors didn't even bother (or weren't directed to) change the character's voices for their older versions.  Now that episode has some notoriety for 'predicting President Trump', but its still a very poor episode.

Quote from: Ornlu on June 20, 2021, 11:20:11 AM
25's Days of Future Future, which aired in 2014. Still no less unforgivable, of course.

Which features a plot of Homer constantly dying and getting cloned. Bleh.

JamesTC

QuoteIn the future, a new clone of Homer is created each time he dies, Lisa's husband is a zombie-version of Milhouse and Bart has custody issues with his ex-wife.

What a synopsis that one has.

JamesTC

Quote from: Master Cylinder on June 18, 2021, 06:26:44 AM
Surprised you didn't bring up that horrid joke about Helen Lovejoy being transgender.

I think in Season 20 I was more willing to let the odd bad joke go as they were at least trying to pack in the jokes even if the hit rate was poor. Now they don't pack in the jokes and the hit rate is still poor. In fairness though, they seem to have dropped the offensive jokes... mostly.

Previous to watching through all of The Simpsons, I didn't realise just how much the show changes every couple of seasons. Even in the later eras there are distinct writing styles. Different shades of shit is still shit, but it keeps things interesting at least.

Oh, Nobody

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 16, 2021, 08:50:21 PM
Another interesting idea utterly squandered.

It feels like this is a parody of something, with the missing class and dead (or not) kids, probably from the 1970s, does anybody know what?

The Sweet Hereafter (1997) Which is a weird thing to reference let alone base an entire plot around.

popcorn

You're fucking kidding me, The Simpsons did a parody of The Sweet Hereafter?

Leej88

after 32 years they have run out of ideas, oh wait that was 20 years ago.