Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Orange Cunt Finally Booted Off Twitter

Started by Small Potatoes, January 08, 2021, 11:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Mobius

Hahahaha. Twitter have binned loads of nutters today.

That Parler app getting chucked off the App Store too apparently.

Urinal Cake

Now a bunch of opinion writers and journalists are going to kick up a fuss about 'free speech.'

Sin Agog

This should do wonders for his hemorrhoids.

C_Larence

Do not understand people applauding this. Too little too late.

idunnosomename

Today, Donald J. Trump's account was banned from Twitter. His crime? He incited a seditious riot against the residence of the legislative branch of the US government. You couldn't make it up what these woke tech bro duhbrains will get worked up about these days.

Cuellar

It's a fairly bad precedent and almost surely counterproductive, but on the other hand it is very funny because of how mad it will make Trump personally, so I'm undecided.

idunnosomename

Quote from: C_Larence on January 08, 2021, 11:39:49 PM
i think everyone just thinks its funny

C_Larence

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 08, 2021, 11:43:31 PM
i think everyone just thinks its funny

I can get behind that. Although on the other hand this move deletes some incredibly funny posts. Tweets about "still drinking that garbage" despite the coca cola company being mad at him for example. 

Cuellar

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on January 08, 2021, 11:42:59 PM
It's a fairly bad precedent and almost surely counterproductive, but on the other hand it is very funny because of how mad it will make Trump personally, so I'm undecided.

If the precedent is politicians not using fucking twitter to govern then I'm all for it.

imitationleather

CaB mascot Ben Garrison has also been booted.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: C_Larence on January 08, 2021, 11:39:49 PM

You appreciate the terms gross and net, right? Well this is still a net win.

Mobius

Those guys who made bank from replying to every single Trump tweet like Jeff Tiedrich and that Eugene doctor fella must be gutted

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: C_Larence on January 08, 2021, 11:46:07 PM
I can get behind that. Although on the other hand this move deletes some incredibly funny posts. Tweets about "still drinking that garbage" despite the coca cola company being mad at him for example.

Probably alrite given that his entire tweeting history has probably been archived 1000-fold.

DrGreggles

Seems a bit harsh to me.
After all, he'd been tweeting for 3000 hours.

Urinal Cake

I guess the line in the sand is the incitement of violence particularly against the State. But that line is pretty thick.

MAGA love being the victims so this feeds into their martyr complex. Trump still has his mailing lists etc. so his grift will continue.

Ferris

Hilarious.

What did he do? I know he was on a temp ban but was reinstated. Did he do something else to get a second (permanent) ban?

Quote from: Mobius on January 08, 2021, 11:49:06 PM
Those guys who made bank from replying to every single Trump tweet like Jeff Tiedrich and that Eugene doctor fella must be gutted

Never understood what the point of these people was. Were they somehow able to monetise this? Others too, like some guy name Murray, and the actor Michael Rapaport. They're as bad as the weirdos who responded to his every single utterance with "we love you, Mr President! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️❤️❤️❤️"

jobotic

Like Marina and John and their hilarious scathing articles about the Tories they live next door to.

Urinal Cake

I think the doctor fella really made his bones off the pandemic. But peons reaching for internet fame is understandable. I just hope Debra Messing, George Takei etc just fuck off for a while in their Hollywood mansions.

C_Larence

Quote from: Small Potatoes on January 08, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
Never understood what the point of these people was. Were they somehow able to monetise this? Others too, like some guy name Murray, and the actor Michael Rapaport. They're as bad as the weirdos who responded to his every single utterance with "we love you, Mr President! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️❤️❤️❤️"

They're like the Batmen to his Joker, they complete each other.

idunnosomename

funniest thing was the video he posted last night that offended his base so much was clearly just done so he could get back on the internet

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 08, 2021, 11:53:45 PM
I guess the line in the sand is the incitement of violence particularly against the State. But that line is pretty thick.

MAGA love being the victims so this feeds into their martyr complex. Trump still has his mailing lists etc. so his grift will continue.

There isn't a more gross scumbag cunt than Trump with the existing public, recognition money and power to have a shot at the Presidency.

A real genuine chance now that they split off from the GOP to form a madman cult America First movement. Both scary and essentially necessary to end the failed 2-party system.