Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:05:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Great choices of music for the end credits

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 09, 2021, 01:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Obvious one really, the Pixies 'Where is My Mind', Fight Club.

Mr Banlon

EOLAN

We'll Meet Again at the end of Dr Strangelove - Or How I learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb.

Born Slippy by Underworld in Trainspotting.  Perfect.

phantom_power

I know it is a bit cheesy but Helden at the end of Jo Jo Rabbit had me grinning like an idiot

Also, Heroes at the end of Perks of Being a Wallflower had a similar effect

Lord Mandrake

Pre credit final scene Twin Town

https://youtu.be/rK5y82E-FRI

Opening is a corker too.

https://youtu.be/wAwpKxwARIk

If by any chance someone hasn't seen it the film is unmissable.

Sebastian Cobb

Office Space - Canibus with Biz Markie, Shove This Jay Oh Bee.

Nobody Soup

The Motorcycle Diaries final piece, De Usuahia a la Quiaca. i I do like a clever tonal shift with the ending music, and this isn't that, but instead, along with the accompanying images, lasers the point of the film on your retina and you leave feeling more introspective about the film than you otherwise would have.

https://youtu.be/uAlp8VT9eoI?t=185

zomgmouse

Quote from: shagatha crustie on January 09, 2021, 02:38:33 PM
Young Americans at the end of Dogville - maybe an obvious choice but I still remember the feeling of shock at what an audacious frame-break that is, and how much it roots the film in cynicism and pessimism.

Was gonna mention another von Trier, The House That Jack Built, finishing with "Hit the Road, Jack". Absolute troll icing on a huge troll cake. Delicious.

Twit 2

I quite like Shape of My Heart at the end of Leon (especially due to the extra guitar noodling before it while she plants the tree).

Hope that's OK everyone!

Lordofthefiles

beanheadmcginty

smudge1971

Catalogue Trousers

'Sergio Leone' by The Fibonaccis, over the end credits of the marvellous Android from 1982.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuRALrnumPE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: smudge1971 on January 16, 2021, 10:23:23 AM
Just Like Honey - Lost In Translation

Yes that goes even further in its suitability that I now can't think of one without the other.

Icehaven

non capisco

Does "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" count? Only catches a bit of the credits though, so maybe not.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on January 16, 2021, 09:36:43 PM
'Sergio Leone' by The Fibonaccis, over the end credits of the marvellous Android from 1982.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuRALrnumPE

Hey, I love that band and I never hear them mentioned.  Must check out Android now.

EDIT: Oh, it's a Klaus Kinski mad doktor movie.  Definitely need to see it then.

SteveDave

Quote from: bgmnts on January 10, 2021, 07:57:15 PM
Down With the Sickness for the Snyder Dawn of the Dead.

Cracking little ditty and suits the film perfectly.

I thought that film ended with "People Who've Died" by the Jim Carroll Band?

My choice would be "Chick Factor" by April March at the end of Justin Quarantino's "Death Proof" "Planet Terror" was fun, then I sat through all of QT's wank fantasy to be pleasantly surprised by the end song.

Pete23

Watched Dark Waters on amazon prime last night and it was very enjoyable, but it had Johnny Cash singing a cover of "I won't back down" at the end. Country Roads popped up in a montage about a third of the way through showing all the company sponsorship throughout the town. Have they changed it?

BJBMK2

Quote from: icehaven on January 16, 2021, 10:07:20 PM
I could have sworn it was at the end too. Mandela!

It is. It plays mid way through the credits, after the Sid Vicious My Way track ends.

phantom_power

Quote from: SteveDave on January 17, 2021, 12:39:09 PM
I thought that film ended with "People Who've Died" by the Jim Carroll Band?

My choice would be "Chick Factor" by April March at the end of Justin Quarantino's "Death Proof" "Planet Terror" was fun, then I sat through all of QT's wank fantasy to be pleasantly surprised by the end song.

I hate to be a pedantic prick (Narrator: He didn't) but it is Chick Habit. Chick Factor is by Belle and Sebastian

dissolute ocelot

More a final montage song, but there's a wonderful piece of Thai indie pop at the end of supernatural drama Uncle Boonmee Who Can See His Past Lives: Acrophobia by Penguin Villa

greenman

For effective schmaltz Almost Like Being In Love at the end of Groundhog Day.

mothman

It's verging on being a cliche, but "Paint It Black" at the end of The Devil's Advocate.

Fr.Bigley

I thought Mancini - Baby elephant walk  at the end of Schindler's list was in very poor taste.

SOMK

Film name counts as a spoiler, so be warned (but AFAICT it's never previously been mentioned on this forum).

Spoiler alert
The Young Karl Marx

If you ever think you are going to watch The Young Karl Marx then avoid reading the following, also (the inferior) 'Waltz with Bashir'...

Film essentially tells the story of the writing of the communist manifesto, it is historically accurate to a tee (even including the young Hegelians!), then the credit roll and 'bang' like a sequence that pulls what is a fairly dense historicalisation into how it manifested and puts all this theorising and debate into context and the centuries fight against capitalism, I can't think of a film that pulls that kind of trick with a final song choice and pulls you from the kind of dream reality of the film into the now, closest I can think of is 'Waltz with Bashir', when it goes from animated/rotoscope to 'real' footage of the victims, but 'The Young Karl Marx' does this much more effectively than 'Waltz with Bashir' which in hindsight is too apologetic; well-to-do murderers mulling over their suppressed trauma? Did partaking in the massacre of thousands make you feel a bit crap? Boo fucking hoo.

(also 'Waltz with Bashir' grossly misrepresents research on suppressed memory (which at the time was part of the counter satanic panic (a more accurate description of the satanic panic of the 80's which were falsely represented a miscarriages of justice and 'false' allegations made up by over zealous social workers asking leading questions, when in reality they were bungled prosecutions that led to abused children being questioned again and again (so of course they retreated into fantasy!), including on the stand by hostile, vicious and well-funded defence teams, see book 'The witch trial narrative' which reexamines the most notorious cases), only a very small number successfully had a memory 'implanted' none when the memory was traumatic).

[close]

Honourable mention 'Running the world' for 'The Children of Men' credits.

mothman

You raise an interesting point though, that I've been mulling over in relation to my own earlier suggestion: both these films marry music and an impressive end title sequence. But is that cheating? I always liked the end title sequences of the Bourne films, but really what are they but some impressive computer graphics along with a bloody Moby song? But it's more than the sum of its parts (and I admit I quite liked the remix they used at the end of Jason Bourne).