Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Captain Z on April 04, 2021, 02:35:39 PM
How shit do you have to be for Joe Linton to score against you.

Tottenham facing 21 shots against Steve Bruce's Newcastle Democrats, should be grounds for instant dismissal.

DrGreggles

Quote from: peanutbutter on April 04, 2021, 03:54:18 PM
A lack of ego doubtlessly helps too, Ireland's fans have zero tolerance for the idea of Irish league players or anything below Championship level being used but its been painfully obvious for years that the UK system is producing fuck all attack minded Irish players anymore.

Ireland viewing itself as bigger than these countries despite huge chunks of young people viewing soccer as the third/fourth team sport in the country is an issue too. I can remember in the early 00s how rugby took over from soccer as the second choice sport in my school (which basically meant soccer was never played) and it's hard to backtrack on that kind of rot.

Ireland's best striker is still Robbie Keane.

El Unicornio, mang

Trézéguet, Trézéguet, ooh la laaa!

BlodwynPig

Newcastle safe for another season...bloody Villa

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 04, 2021, 06:30:34 PM

Will save a lot of bedsheets in the North Birmingham area.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I see Newcastle are away at Fulham on May 23rd so could well be the decider. I reckon we'll only get 4 or 5 more points before then.

Inspector Norse

It'll be Hammarby v Häcken (from Gothenburg) in the Swedish Cup final!

The Swedish Cup is not a very prestigious competition.

Inspector Norse

I know football is a contact sport and we've all been complaining that VAR is too pernickety but... well...

vainsharpdad

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 04, 2021, 06:30:34 PM

There's not a fan in Newcastle happy with either of today's results. We need to flush cabbage-face.

BlodwynPig

Barca have won la liga. At one point they were 20 points behind Athletico

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 04, 2021, 10:31:40 PM
Barca have won la liga. At one point they were 20 points behind Athletico

wut?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Atletico lost. They're blowing it.

On the plus side, Juventus fucked, PSG potentially fucked, Sporting gonna win in Portugal.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 05, 2021, 12:40:01 AM
Atletico lost. They're blowing it.

They lost in Sevilla though, which was their 2nd toughest remaining match on paper.
Their upcoming run of games isn't too bad, and at least one of Real and Barca will drop points next weekend.
Looks like it'll come down to Barca v Atletico in 5 weeks time.

Bernice

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/04/valencia-walk-off-against-cadiz-after-diakhaby-accuses-opponent-of-racist-abuse

Valencia walk off after Diakhaby gets called "negro de mierda" by Cádiz's Juan Cala. Quite like the growing trend of players just walking off after this shit, even if Valencia did come back on and finish the match without Diakhaby.

Kankurette

Quote from: phes on April 04, 2021, 02:45:38 PM
Bruce and Allardyce both getting relegated after playing out a nil nil would be... deserved.
Agreed. Fucking Newcastle are cursed, they beat us twice this season. Geordie Twitter thinks this is Newcastle's biggest achievement ever, judging by their habit of posting photos of Pickford getting owned in response to anything Everton's account posts. I don't get it tbh. I know they hate Pickford but we're not their rivals, Sunderland are.

Palace later. Yaaay

Kankurette

Quote from: vainsharpdad on April 04, 2021, 09:06:48 PM
There's not a fan in Newcastle happy with either of today's results. We need to flush cabbage-face.
Only problem is that Ashley will replace him with IDK Remi Garde or something. Or one of the British Managers' Lunch Club. As a Geordie friend said, Ashley only cares about Newcastle staying up, nothing more.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bernice on April 05, 2021, 12:59:49 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/04/valencia-walk-off-against-cadiz-after-diakhaby-accuses-opponent-of-racist-abuse

Valencia walk off after Diakhaby gets called "negro de mierda" by Cádiz's Juan Cala. Quite like the growing trend of players just walking off after this shit, even if Valencia did come back on and finish the match without Diakhaby.

Thick racist cunt. Are these racists doing it for bantz now? Jail time or long bans might snap them out of it... it's not 1985 at The Den you dickheads. Hate them

Kankurette

I swear there's a new report about a black player being abused on social media every week. Latest is Davison Sanchez. What do these people think they're going to achieve? They think calling black players monkeys or whatever will improve their performance?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on April 05, 2021, 08:46:23 AM
I swear there's a new report about a black player being abused on social media every week. Latest is Davison Sanchez. What do these people think they're going to achieve? They think calling black players monkeys or whatever will improve their performance?

Symptomatic of a recalcitrant tolerance of racism in the game and wider society, perhaps. Zero tolerance policy - 1 strike and you are out for good should do it?

Kankurette

Not helped by (mainly white) football fans saying that black players are just being snowflakes, they should grow a thicker skin and suck it up, they get paid loads of money anyway so why do they care, reporting it will only draw attention to it, they're just words, and so on. And when the likes of Viv Anderson played, when they got pelted with bananas or whatever, they carried on playing and didn't complain. As if having a fat salary somehow makes a person immune, as if players are all robots. I wonder how they'd feel if someone kept shouting 'you white bastard' at them while they were trying to do their jobs. One argument for racist (and homophobic) chanting I've heard is that it puts the player off their game, the fans want to find a weakness to attack the enemy player on, be it his skin colour/weight/dead child[nb]This has happened[/nb]/sex life. "Oh, we don't mean anything by it, it's just banter, we're just doing it to hurt him." It's one of the many reasons why I always feel a bit out of place among other fans. Same with the endless bloody Heysel/Hillsborough/Munich banter, seeing that fucking Steaua Bucharest flag at Goodison Park made me want to set the fucking thing on fire.

A Man United fan of Congolese descent talked about the chant about Romelu Lukaku's knob back when he was playing for them and why it was racist on Twitter, and she got a load of defensive white people dogpiling her because singing about a black man's genitals is just banter. They genuinely cannot or will not understand why black fans might be uncomfortable with it. I don't know how Lukaku himself feels.

Nobody called Jordan Pickford a cracker, white cunt etc. when he let in a 96th minute goal against Liverpool. Likewise Phil Jagielka when he scored an own goal the other day. Odd, that. Sorry to rant. It just depresses me.

chveik

do these thickos really think that sending torrents of abuse to players from their clubs is going to improve their performances? not to mention the ghouls in the media that profit from it.

chveik

Mbappé said the other day in a interview that he was getting tired of the constant criticism, and he got a lot shit from that. he may have a shitty attitude sometimes from the dude is 22 ffs.

Kankurette

Quote from: chveik on April 05, 2021, 02:45:05 PM
do these thickos really think that sending torrents of abuse to players from their clubs is going to improve their performances? not to mention the ghouls in the media that profit from it.
Fuck knows. Maybe a few of them are hoping it'll motivate Sterling/Lukaku/James/whoever, it'll make them think 'fuck you, I'll show you' and play their balls off, IDK. I can't get my head round it.

I always felt a bit protective towards Lukaku because so many of our fans whinged about how lazy he was and how he didn't ~play for the shirt~, even though nobody plays for the fucking shirt these days unless they're with one of the big name teams. The guy was a goalscoring machine. He didn't always turn up for the big games, but I miss him and his goals and Everton, being Everton, never managed to replace him. I'm not sure how much racism played a part in all the Park End das slagging Lukaku off but it wouldn't surprise me, some of our fans haven't moved on from the 80s.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I wonder if it really is because most of the black people these racists are aware of are quite well paid high profile celebrity figures who have materially comfortable (if not culturally comfortable) lives.

For some people they will never accept people of certain wealth can be victims.

That said, the level of denial over racism in general and the active attempt to subjectify it, is absolutely staggering.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on April 05, 2021, 02:57:59 PMI always felt a bit protective towards Lukaku because so many of our fans whinged about how lazy he was and how he didn't ~play for the shirt~, even though nobody plays for the fucking shirt these days unless they're with one of the big name teams. The guy was a goalscoring machine. He didn't always turn up for the big games, but I miss him and his goals and Everton, being Everton, never managed to replace him. I'm not sure how much racism played a part in all the Park End das slagging Lukaku off but it wouldn't surprise me, some of our fans haven't moved on from the 80s.
United selling him was the right decision for club and player (he clearly didn't fit into Solskjaer's plans) but he was a curious signing in some ways. At first, he was scoring goals galore - something like 11 in his first ten games - but then Mourinho panicked and we shifted into a much more defensive system and Lukaku's form fell off a cliff he never really recovered from. There was many a game I was at where he seemed to spend most the time stood in the centre circle trying to knock high balls on, when it seemed he was best when the ball was in front of him, bearing down on goal. A lot of anonymous performances against rival teams (I think he scored once vs Chelsea, that was about it) meant I don't feel the fans here ever took to him, especially as he replaced Ibrahimovic, who had been popular.

From an Everton perspective, I think Calvert-Lewin is a good striker who you may do well to keep hold of if he has a strong end to the season.

Chedney Honks

I liked Lukaku's goals but he was a disrespectful cunt, always mouthing off to the Belgian or any foreign press while on international duty about how he wanted to play somewhere else. I know that football players have to be quite mercenary but at least play the game and pretend a bit, cunt. I don't miss him at all.

Kankurette

Wednesday, you cunts, where have you been all season?!

Re Calvert-Lewin, he's our top scorer this season.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Kankurette on April 05, 2021, 07:07:13 PM
Wednesday, you cunts, where have you been all season?!

Re Calvert-Lewin, he's our top scorer this season.

Literally nearly put a fiver freebet on weds to score 3+ at 250/1 ffs.

Kankurette

BlodwynPig

Betting is for chumps... crypto futures is where the smart people are putting their money now