Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Are there any other Rogers and Hammerstein songs we can't comment on according to Klopp?

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Thursday on April 19, 2021, 10:00:26 PM
He's making any potential "if this goes ahead, I walk" threats a bit moot.

Zero integrity. Needs to do a Mou pronto and retain his reputation.

Thursday

Yeah he's not going to walk out over it anyway. It's a bit weird he gave a "I don't like it, but I'll have to go along with it" interview and everyone reacted like "Wow! That is total class."

DrGreggles

Quote from: Thursday on April 20, 2021, 09:33:20 AM
Yeah he's not going to walk out over it anyway.

I bet he does. As soon as the season's over (assuming the ESL is still going ahead then) he'll walk.
Plenty of gigs out there for him if he wants them.

I don't think what he was saying was 'I don't like but I have to go along with it' but more 'I don't like it but I don't want to abandon the players at this moment'. I think he genuinely does feel a great deal of responsibility to his players and clearly is also massively unhappy with the decision. It's easy to say he should just quit, but he's then leaving a bunch of people he's been in charge of for years to deal with the fallout.

I think the chances are he may well leave if it happens as planned but I can understand why he'd want to get them through the season at least and see where the dust settles.

It's easy to say the money etc softens the blow but I genuinely do feel for the players and staff who literally found out the same time as everyone else and are now playing for universally hated clubs. I'm sure some will be happy to take the money and go with it but I am pretty sure there will be plenty who will not be.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He is definitely not angling to become a martyr for the cause and seems pretty clearly to be stage managing. His statement is the tepid of the tepid.

In 3 months 'my position has evolved'

DrGreggles

petercussing

Jose Meowrinho (sp?) is a moral hero for our modern age, if i was as brave as him i wouldn't get called a craven worm so much, esp. by mum and dad. He doesn't care about money, just whether he can stand to shout as himself in the mirror each morning like a real man.

Kankurette

Quote from: EOLAN on April 20, 2021, 12:54:22 AM
Are there any other Rogers and Hammerstein songs we can't comment on according to Klopp?
Klopp is more of an Andrew Lloyd Webber man.

The Athletic article about Mourinho and Spurs is hilarious. The players hate him except Kane? He slagged them off in public and they got upset? It's almost like he has a track record of doing this.

sevendaughters

meanwhile in the good old plucky EFL the stream I just paid a tenner for is festooned with adverts

chveik

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 20, 2021, 06:46:51 PM
meanwhile in the good old plucky EFL the stream I just paid a tenner for is festooned with adverts

why the hell would you pay to watch football?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ronalado is STREAM FIRST with oil or sand arab conexion an VPN

Utter Shit

So excited for our game tonight. Mourinho gone, Bale reintegrated, ESL kicked in the head...perfect.

Tottenham 0-1 Southampton
                      Bednarek (83)

Kankurette

imitationleather

I'm pleased to see Spurs playing like the Premier League is beneath them now. Treat everything except the Super League with the contempt it deserves, lads.

Captain Z

Now we find out that, like with Man Utd at the time, Mourinho was actually over-achieving.

chveik

Kankurette

Harry Kane is apparently one of the only ones who actually liked him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

monkfromhavana

Mark Robins is clearly the best manager in the world.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

phes

He was similarly thick following Bernardo Silva's accidental racism.

Chedney Honks

I just ran over your kid, mistake was made and I learn from it, the chapter is closed. Me, I am only human.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phes on April 22, 2021, 08:48:41 AM
He was similarly thick following Bernardo Silva's accidental racism.
As well as wearing a ribbon to support the Catalonian politicians being locked up by the Spanish government, while taking a fat salary from a bunch of brutal dictators. But then, I'm not sure anybody at that level of football is innocent of hypocrisy.

Kankurette

Are there any ethical owners in the Premier League?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on April 22, 2021, 11:19:16 AM
Are there any ethical owners in the Premier League?
60/70s Man United chairman Louis Edwards sold dodgy meat to local schools and used legally dubious methods to hoover up shares to get a controlling stake in the club. Not sure how typical he was of the owners of the time.

phantom_power

Chairmen and owners have, rightly usually, been the bête noir of fans since football began

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Kankurette on April 21, 2021, 09:55:48 PM
Harry Kane is apparently one of the only ones who actually liked him.

Son looked genuinely upset by the news.

In a Times article earlier in the week, several players were singled out as being upset in particular by Mourinho and on the whole, thought it was a little questionable how important they are to the team. Winks and Aurier, for instance, get a lot of stick from pundits and fans. Rose was another mentioned but my gut feeling is a lot what happened was more to do with Levy and less with Mourinho.

chveik

this happens everytime a coach gets sacked but i'm guessing the 'journalists' know fuck all