Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: chveik on April 22, 2021, 01:58:18 PM
this happens everytime a coach gets sacked but i'm guessing the 'journalists' know fuck all
Managers at that level will have a pet journalist they use to leak stories and suchlike, so presumably at least one hack knows Mourinho's side of the story.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 22, 2021, 02:03:35 PM
Managers at that level will have a pet journalist they use to leak stories and suchlike, so presumably at least one hack knows Mourinho's side of the story.

In The Times article, IIRC, it was essentially stuff that was common knowledge - for example through the Amazon documentary and reporting in The Athletic, a while back. With the latter, TA claimed to have dressing room sources, its reporting was featured fairly widely and would say the the idea that at least one player was leaking information has gained wide currency.

One of the points made was that Ndombele last season would have been likely one of the players upset was written in a way that suggests no definite knowledge - but you wouldn't need to stick your neck out to suggest that one!

Kankurette

I'd love to know who at Everton feeds stories to the press. Evidently someone who disapproves of Marco Silva speaking Portuguese to the players and, indeed, existing. If Greg O'Keefe can find a way to pin Everton's failures on Silva, he will. As for Spurs, Danny Rose is the Athletic's source and I claim my £5 (and yes, Son was another of the few players who liked Mourinho, there were two others who I can't recall besides him and Kane).

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

imitationleather

Never thought someone with the dead eyes of a psychopath would turn out like this.

Kankurette

Giggs is a misogynistic cunt. Quells surprise.

bgmnts

Whilst it is awful for those women, its good for the Welsh national team so I'm quite happy he beat them up.

Captain Z

Give him prison till the end of the season.

BlodwynPig

JamesTC

Give it Giggsy till the end of the sentence.

BlodwynPig

The ESL can't start soon enough for Arsenal...

Kankurette

Jordan Pickford not being the most useless goalkeeper on the pitch for once.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bottom half finish, would laugh, just saying, would laugh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fr.Bigley

Rangers and Celtic would barely scrape by in the championship, they'd never win anything ever again if this happened..Europe would be just a word.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Genoa v Spezia live on Freesports at 2pm, in the Ligurian...something or other.

Kankurette

The Bitch is Back. Watford got promoted.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kankurette on April 24, 2021, 06:27:23 PM

Couldn't you tell from our reaction?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tbf, Watford and Norwich are a fair trade for Fulham and WBA, even if is really boring seeing the same teams again.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 24, 2021, 07:07:33 PM
Tbf, Watford and Norwich are a fair trade for Fulham and WBA, even if is really boring seeing the same teams again.

You know it will be WBA back up next season and probably Norwich down

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 24, 2021, 07:37:39 PM
You know it will be WBA back up next season and probably Norwich down

I don't want to scare any WBA fans but I have plans and let's just say they might be needing a decade or two break from this whole 'football' business.

No violence though, it's all paperwork based.

EOLAN

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 24, 2021, 10:14:51 PM
I don't want to scare any WBA fans but I have plans and let's just say they might be needing a decade or two break from this whole 'football' business.

No violence though, it's all paperwork based.

Bring it on..

Kankurette

Bruce calling Shearer a miserable git on MOTD and Shearer responds, "I've spent the whole season watching Newcastle."

Children!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Kankurette on April 24, 2021, 06:27:23 PM

Udinese first-team squad told Monday's training will feature new "drawing lots" session

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 24, 2021, 11:51:46 AM
Rangers and Celtic would barely scrape by in the championship, they'd never win anything ever again if this happened..Europe would be just a word.

This is bollocks. If you put Rangers or Celtic in the championship (with the money for the TV rights and the chance to get into the Premiership) they would get promoted.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kankurette on April 25, 2021, 01:22:42 AM
Bruce calling Shearer a miserable git on MOTD and Shearer responds, "I've spent the whole season watching Newcastle."

Children!

Did that happen? Might actually watch.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ah it wasn't in a direct interview, oh well.