Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:13:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

Welcome to the vortex, Wednesday fans. League One is a fucking hellscape for 'big clubs' on the decline.

Enjoy your Saturday night though!

chveik

BlodwynPig

I'd love it, LOVE IT, if City lost the title from this position.

bgmnts

Williams and Phillips starting against Southampton.

Adams and Redmond are going to absolutely run them ragged.

Chollis

Wonderful Butternut

Kankurette

Quote from: Crabwalk on May 08, 2021, 07:43:39 PM
Welcome to the vortex, Wednesday fans. League One is a fucking hellscape for 'big clubs' on the decline.

Enjoy your Saturday night though!
Sunderland say hi. Oh Christ, we're turning into Sunderland, aren't we?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on May 08, 2021, 09:41:58 PM
Sunderland say hi. Oh Christ, we're turning into Sunderland, aren't we?

A more successful club, you should be so lucky

Kankurette

I meant current Sunderland.
Quote from: Harpo Speaks on May 08, 2021, 07:18:21 PM
Not being paid which has happened several times now (including pre-covid) certainly doesn't help the situation, regardless of the arguments about ridiculous player wages. Lots of players out of contract too.

The squad is generally much weaker. The money we wasted on poor signings a few seasons ago was never mitigated by selling players who would have commanded a fee, so we don't refresh the squad and then FFP comes in to play. Embargoes and then the deduction comes and recruitment goes as exactly expected - no real money to spend and the attractive proposition of starting a season with your new club on -12 points.

Read an interesting article from The Athletic earlier, definitely worth a look. Chansiri's teenage son having influence on managerial appointments was one worrying segment.

I noticed you mentioned that Pressman podcast earlier in the thread, been loving these of late, there have been a lot across two Wednesday podcasts I listen to. Can't wait until a few years down the line where we get some ex-players from this era telling us about what this circus was like to perform in.
I'm really hoping WTID get Hirst, Palmer or Sheridan on. That Pressman one was great. Admittedly I'm biased because he's my fave, but the bit he dropped in about Danny Wilson threatening to beat him up was hilarious. I hope they get him back on. Any other Wednesday podcasts you can recommend?

I can't wait till Palmer or Bannan or whoever spills the tea on the Chansiri years. I've heard all sorts of ugly rumours about this squad, including that Hutch, Westwood and Forestieri are a bunch of egomaniac cunts and only a few managers can keep them in line (Monk didn't, Bruce did) and that Westwood is an even bigger mard arse than Pressman was. Pressman at least got over himself. I'm not so sure about Westy. Perhaps Steven Bywater can be GK coach and bring a cattle prod with him.

Nancy Frostick is great, much better than Greg 'Marco Silva eats babies' O'Keefe. I didn't know that about Chansiri's son but I'd expect nothing less from him. I mean, Wednesday membership is £90. That's more than Man United, for fuck's sake. Man United.

Still mad we sold Nuhiu. :(

Fr.Bigley

Can we all take a moment to realise that all football is boring at the minute...unless your name is Marcelo Bielsa

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 09, 2021, 09:03:24 AM
Can we all take a moment to realise that all football is boring at the minute...unless your name is Marcelo Bielsa

Didn't you watch the Derby - Sheffield Wednesday game?

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 09, 2021, 09:08:06 AM

Relegation battles always a torrid scrap, the main reason I didn't bet on em. We've been there, done it. Derby are cunts and weds are insignificant. Cest la vie.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 09, 2021, 09:08:06 AM

It's only exciting with the right result. Man City 32 - 31 East Thurrock is not exciting, East Thurrock 1 - 0 Man City is.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 09, 2021, 09:24:34 AM
It's only exciting with the right result. Man City 32 - 31 East Thurrock is not exciting,

I'd watch it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Praying scores in the Sevilla, AC and Rennes games stay the same so Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG get TURBOFUCKED

Kankurette

Good riddance. I'm sure he'll go on to ruin some other team though like, I dunno, Sheffield Wednesday.

Slaven Bilic must be pissing himself laughing.

BlodwynPig

West Brom Championship Runners-up 2021/22.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 09, 2021, 08:54:00 PM
Praying scores in the Sevilla, AC and Rennes games stay the same so Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG get TURBOFUCKED

Even better, just checked and Kiel need 3 points from 4 games and technically Greuther Fürth 1 point from 2 to stop Hamburg having a chance of going up (another season they've tailed off dramatically in the final quarter of the season).

In other Bundesliga 2 news

Erzgebirge Aue 3 - 8 Paderborn

Aue were 2 - 0 after 4 minutes as well

Leon-C

Sevilla back ahead against Real Madrid, Rennes equalise with PSG

Exciting stuff

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Leon-C

Kimpembe sent off, so hopefully Rennes will hold on at least

edit: Christ, inches from a Rennes winner there

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Leon-C on May 09, 2021, 09:57:16 PM
Kimpembe sent off, so hopefully Rennes will hold on at least

edit: Christ, inches from a Rennes winner there

Hope they dont take him to the Euros. Liability. Will be typical France though if they do.

DrGreggles

So, over the weekend, La Liga has gone from IN BOTH BARCA'S AND ATLETICO'S HANDS to IN REAL'S HANDS and now IN ATLETICO'S HANDS.

Remaining fixtues:

11/5
Levante v Barcelona
12/5
Atletico v Real Sociedad
13/5
Granada v Real Madrid
16/5
A Bilbao v Real Madrid
Atletico v Osasuna
Barcelona v Celta Vigo
23/5
Eibar v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Villarreal
Valladolid v Atletico

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuck it, Sevilla were the only team of interest. Atletico is Keir Starmer.

BlodwynPig

QuoteBut he was unable to change the club's fortunes and they join Norwich City as the only side to be relegated from the Premier League five times.

6 times for Norwich after next season. Waste clubs. Ban them.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 10, 2021, 07:56:21 AM

6 times for Norwich after next season. Waste clubs. Ban them.

BUTt PuKKi Is A PrEMIeR LEaGue sTriKEr

Totally correct, Norwich are perpetual time wasters, every time they go down, someone needs to drop kick Delia in the fud.

jobotic

I was very rude to Delia Smith at the gig in London commemorating John Peel just after he carked it. I was very drunk.

It fills me with shame whenever I think about it but I mention it in an attempt to impress the haterz.