Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

I'm exceptionally impressed. Well done for telling the egg bound one to get tae fuck.

EOLAN

Relegation scrap from the Championship look like it may not be over yet. EFL could still look to impose a points deduction on Derby County - which would keep Wycombe Wanderers safe.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-points-deduction-efl-5394603

Fr.Bigley

That stage of the year it tends to impose the following season.

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCzPbwF9Kc&ab_channel=LaLigaSantander

Celta Vigo still maybe on for Europe after this? Real Betis have drawn six on the bounce.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 10, 2021, 02:01:52 PM
That stage of the year it tends to impose the following season.

So no punishment then

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 10, 2021, 06:26:44 PM
So no punishment then

It depends how fucked Derby are next season; like Sheff Wed this season, they might need those six points to stay up.

DrGreggles

But the decision should have been made this season, and it was delayed.
So why should they be given an extra 46 games to make up the deficit?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 10, 2021, 10:02:21 PM
But the decision should have been made this season, and it was delayed.
So why should they be given an extra 46 games to make up the deficit?

Rooney - big name - money

Kankurette

Nancy Frostick's Wednesday article in the Athletic is brilliant, and so very fucking depressing, and explains a lot about why Wednesday went down the crapper.

No wonder the players lack passion and heart and whatnot. I'd feel like shit if I didn't get paid to do my job and if I had no idea what was going on half the time. I mean, Chansiri's son picking managers on the strength of something he's seen online?

I miss Carlos, the mad old bastard. And Andy Rhodes. Apparently he was a pretty good GK coach.

Blinder Data

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on May 10, 2021, 07:59:32 PM
Oli mcburnie lolz

I saw that clip on twitter without realising it was him! just assumed it was some apparently amusing video of a bam kicking off

being generous, I don't think we saw the lead-up. but in any case he's demeaned the great office of rangers fans with that behaviour

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good stuff. Better than the only partly successful diversion for the 200 year anniversary of the Guardian.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on May 11, 2021, 09:30:30 AM
Nancy Frostick's Wednesday article in the Athletic is brilliant, and so very fucking depressing, and explains a lot about why Wednesday went down the crapper.

No wonder the players lack passion and heart and whatnot. I'd feel like shit if I didn't get paid to do my job and if I had no idea what was going on half the time. I mean, Chansiri's son picking managers on the strength of something he's seen online?

I miss Carlos, the mad old bastard. And Andy Rhodes. Apparently he was a pretty good GK coach.

You're overegging this now Toffo - Sheff Wed will be back to mid table championship anonymity soon and you can continue to despair about Everton

Blinder Data

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 11, 2021, 05:15:00 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/richard-keogh-awarded-more-than-2m-in-breach-of-contract-case-against-derby

QuoteThe car crash happened after a team-bonding day. Lawrence was over the drink-drive limit and so was Mason Bennett, now of Millwall, who had driven off ahead. When Bennett stopped his car at a give-way line, Lawrence went into the back of him before careering into the lamppost. They fled the scene, leaving Keogh unconscious.

Lawrence and Bennett admitted drink-driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident when they appeared at Derby magistrates court. They avoided jail sentences but each was ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid community service and banned from driving for two years. Despite their criminal convictions, Derby chose not to sack them, although they did fine them. Both were unhurt in the incident.

Keogh, who would be out of action for 12 months, had been told by Derby that he could stay and see out his contract but they stunned him by saying he had to accept a massive pay cut to do so. When he refused, Derby dismissed him with immediate effect. Keogh had to make an initial appeal against the decision to Derby, which was thrown out, before he entered into the EFL%u2019s legal framework.

so the drink-drivers who abandoned their teammate at a car crash that they caused kept their jobs. the injured teammate got sacked.

seems fair!

bgmnts

Footballers in getting away with serious crimes with virtually no punishment shocker.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Would be funny if Derby actually are hit with points deduction + relegation now as well.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: bgmnts on May 11, 2021, 05:54:03 PM
Footballers in getting away with serious crimes with virtually no punishment shocker.
After what happened to Jimmy Davis, you'd think they'd know better. But then again, that was in 2003 so presumably none of them know/care who he was.

BlodwynPig

oh look, Man City won the title and no-one noticed. insipid

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 11, 2021, 08:26:04 PM
oh look, Man City won the title and no-one noticed. insipid

Well done to them. Definitely the least bad team in a bad league.

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56959792

QuotePep Guardiola has always had fabulous players to work with at Manchester City - it was the same at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and it comes with the job at all three of those clubs.

Because of that, I've sometimes downplayed the part he has played in the success those teams have enjoyed with him in charge. I know I'm not the only one to do that.

This season, though, it's different. Everything City have done on their way to securing Guardiola's third Premier League title in four years is down to him and the way he has got them playing.

Admittedly, football was tedious and I didnt pay much attention this season but did they play with a second string or did Pep still have squad worth a billion pound to play with?

What does he even have to do tactically? "Alright lads give it to Messi/Lewandowski/ de Bruyne."

The Culture Bunker

I mean, the millions upon millions of pounds of blood money funnelled in from a brutal dictatorship aren't worth thinking about.

chveik

it'd be interesting to see Guardiola managing a team like Bielsa's Leeds. i think his biggest contribution to football is the insidious 'tactical' fouling.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: chveik on May 11, 2021, 09:02:35 PM
it'd be interesting to see Guardiola managing a team like Bielsa's Leeds. i think his biggest contribution to football is the insidious 'tactical' fouling.

Agreed, absolute anus, human embodiment of the Super League, whose football at Barcelona and their ridiculous intensity over everything from celebrating going 6-1 up against some farmers in the Copa del Rey to the defensive midfielder whose job it is to fall over spoiled a decade of football and turned dozens of contests into unwatchable acts of dickheads trying to professionally out cunt each other. The bar fell so low that it was embarrassing. Then went over to Bayern for the least challenging job in world football at the time, then a short trip to Manchester to grind out league titles with the best showered on him constantly, losing whenever a few cogs were missing.

Go and raise a sleeping giant, go and make a mediocre team outperform on a budget, or even better, just go.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

All those fucking league cups as well, the man's central quality is the ability to deprive other people of happiness even when it doesn't give his own fans any.

DrGreggles

Barca 2 up at Levante at HT and coasting.
Then BANG! BANG! Levante score 2 in 2 minutes.
Half an hour left.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 11, 2021, 09:22:32 PM
All those fucking league cups as well, the man's central quality is the ability to deprive other people of happiness even when it doesn't give his own fans any.

Do you think anyone has told him that no one has cared about it for 20 years?

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 11, 2021, 10:16:09 PM
Barca 2 up at Levante at HT and coasting.
Then BANG! BANG! Levante score 2 in 2 minutes.
Half an hour left.

Fun while it lasted.