Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:17:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Massive wanker Grealish just screamed "YOU FUCKING CUNT" right at the ref after not getting a decision for going down too easy. Not a booking in sight.

Surely thsts a yellow isn't? What sort of language or verbal abuse actually constitutes a booking? Admittedly being English he has special privilege but still.

Bernice

Yeah I thought that was a bit much. Refs get it all the time, it's ridiculous.

0-0 with the Villa. We had the better chances, I thought, especially at the end. But can't really complain, we're a Europa Conference tier team.

chveik

bgmnts

Doesnt look like a penalty to me, that. But then no 'gets the ball clearly but "follow through" gets him' does to me.

Kankurette

Quote from: Bernice on May 13, 2021, 07:58:43 PM
Yeah I thought that was a bit much. Refs get it all the time, it's ridiculous.

0-0 with the Villa. We had the better chances, I thought, especially at the end. But can't really complain, we're a Europa Conference tier team.
Even if we got into Europe we'd get knocked out by Ludogorets or someone anyway.

I've heard interesting rumours about Grealish's recreational habits. Not sure how true though.

Bernice

Go on...

Quote from: Kankurette on May 13, 2021, 08:44:27 PM
Even if we got into Europe we'd get knocked out by Ludogorets or someone anyway.

Still though, get the thrill of an away day in Ludogorets. Is Ludogorets the name of the place? Probably not.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Kankurette on May 13, 2021, 08:44:27 PM
I've heard interesting rumours about Grealish's recreational habits. Not sure how true though.

Likewise, but name a decent young English player that hasn't happened to.

BlodwynPig

Contrived if liverpool and chelsea get CL places after this season. Fuck off

sevendaughters

Quote from: Bernice on May 13, 2021, 09:16:39 PM
Go on...

Still though, get the thrill of an away day in Ludogorets. Is Ludogorets the name of the place? Probably not.

it is the name of people from the general area, but the town is Razgrad. It would be like something akin to the Rotherham Yorkshiremen.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2021, 09:41:00 PM

Aren't Leicester above Chelsea anyway?

Chollis

DrGreggles

Real 2 up at halftime, so it looks like La Liga will go to the final day.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 13, 2021, 05:54:22 PM
United fans have blocked the Liverpool coach. I hope this game never gets played, and it gets replaced with a weekly three-hour long improvised farce with Liverpool's players trying to play football but never quite managing to.

Don't you support Spurs? Spurs fans aren't allowed criticise any team for being shit. Not even Finn Harps.

Also, fuck Man U. :)

Utter Shit

Who do you think I'm criticising there?

chveik

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 13, 2021, 10:16:15 PM
Who do you think I'm criticising there?

Ah I get it. You meant by "trying to play football", turning up and constantly having the match cancelled.

I thought you meant by 'trying to play football', players doing something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnlWXRNZAD4

Of course if you did mean the latter, well then ya know. Spurs. Glass house. Stones. We're still ahead of you despite having an incredibly crap season.

Utter Shit

It wasn't a criticism. Still, who am I to stand in the way of a Liverpool fan convincing himself people are treating his team unfairly.

sevendaughters

sticking that video straight into a rocket called desolation

Dead Soon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2021, 09:41:00 PM

Chelsea haven't been too bad since Lampard was shitcanned. More worthy of a top 4 spot than not.

Liverpool, though, deserve nothing of the sort. State of that fanbase. Celebrating beating a lukewarm Man United team in a dead rubber like it's the fucking treble. Get utterly fucked.

Bernice

phantom_power

Quote from: bgmnts on May 13, 2021, 08:43:04 PM
Doesnt look like a penalty to me, that. But then no 'gets the ball clearly but "follow through" gets him' does to me.

Graeme Souness of all people was trying to argue that it was a penalty. According to him it wouldn't have been a penalty in his day but the rules have changes in some indefinable way so that now it is. Nothing to do with the two teams involved.

I can see why it would be a penalty if it was reckless or dangerous but it was a bit of a follow-through that did no harm to the player at all and was purely accidental so no way was it a penalty.

DrGreggles

It's old inconsistency argument though.
A player was sent off for a similar 'offence' a couple of weeks ago after a VAR review, but then a VAR review overturned a penalty last night.
Either 'fouling' the opposition player by following through after winning the ball is a foul, or it isn't.*
No reason why the refs can't clarify this though.

*OF COURSE IT FUCKING ISN'T!

phantom_power

Then in that case we should criticise the bad decision and praise the correct one. We shouldn't be moaning when the ref/VAR actually get it right just because someone else got it wrong last week

Kankurette

What is going on with Sadio Mane? Is he mad at Klopp or something?
Quote from: Bernice on May 13, 2021, 09:16:39 PM
Go on...

Razgrad, apparently. Tbf Eastern Europe can't be too bad, mental fans aside, Bulgaria's on the Black Sea and that.

On another note, has anyone seen the extract from that documentary about Alex Ferguson's brain haemorrhage? I think it's affected his speech because he's still as articulate as ever, but his speech sounds slurred. It sometimes happens to stroke victims.
Quote from: Dead Soon on May 14, 2021, 02:02:18 AM
Chelsea haven't been too bad since Lampard was shitcanned. More worthy of a top 4 spot than not.

Liverpool, though, deserve nothing of the sort. State of that fanbase. Celebrating beating a lukewarm Man United team in a dead rubber like it's the fucking treble. Get utterly fucked.
From the little I've seen of Chelsea under Tuchel, they're almost like a different team. They don't need to spunk any more money on big name players tbh, they've got a good young squad.

DrGreggles

Mane gets a strop on whenever he gets rested or subbed, so it's not really a big deal.
You could say it's unprofessional, but I'd say that a footballer wanting to play football (rather than sit on the bench and collect their wages) is a good thing.

Kankurette

The usual hooha about him and Mo Salah supposedly hating each other. Even if they do, so what? Mane is still one of Liverpool's best players. Some of the tweets on the post I saw about it said Liverpool should sell him and buy Sancho. Fools. I mean, Richarlison is a total mard arse as well but he's still one of our better players, even if he does dive far too much.

El Unicornio, mang

Manager of the month v manager of the season coming up, hold onto your hats!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteScott Carson is seven months younger than Cristiano Ronaldo but in the gap between Carson's last two PL apps Ronaldo has scored 325 league goals

The Culture Bunker

Two goalkeepers from my hometown starting for two Manchester clubs over two days. Strange times.