Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Good ol' Brenny.
Gets a lot of unfair stick, in my opinion, but I like the guy.

Kankurette

Azpilicueta looks like he's going to cry.

dr beat

'Help yourself to medals lads, they're only £10 a pop from Elizabeth Duke'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shame now is they will lose to Chelsea in 3 days and end up 5th

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who is this interviewer? How special was this how special was that how special was this, is it the start of something special

Absolute droid, rubbish, fuck off. They can't even hear you

Kankurette

I enjoyed the build-up with the old Chelsea v Middlesbrough and Leicester v City footage. Remember when Juninho came to Middlesbrough and it was a huge deal because Brazilians were seen as some kind of exotic creature?

chveik

Quote from: Kankurette on May 15, 2021, 07:22:20 PM
(Does anyone know who the lads with the Palestine flag were? I think Choudhury was one of them but not sure.)

wesley fofana apparently

ElTwopo

Leicester now level with the likes of Oxford University, Old Carthusians, Royal Engineers and Leeds Utd in FA Cup wins.

But still 4 wins behind The Wanderers, the 1979 film directed by Philip Kaufman.

imitationleather

Quote from: chveik on May 15, 2021, 07:43:38 PM
wesley fofana apparently

legend wesley

If we keep one thing from COVID, it has to be the medal presentation looking like a targeted theft at a car boot sale.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2021, 07:38:19 PM
Who is this interviewer? How special was this how special was that how special was this, is it the start of something special

Post-match interviews are always abysmal, Room 101 for me. "Did it feel good when you scored the winner?" "Do you think you could have done anything differently in this game you lost?" Absolutely pointless.

Bazooka

"If you didn't win, would you have lost?"

BlodwynPig

Who are interviews for? There are the odd curveball ones that Dennis Norden would latch onto, but otherwise is automaton dull

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 15, 2021, 09:46:34 PM
Post-match interviews are always abysmal, Room 101 for me. "Did it feel good when you scored the winner?" "Do you think you could have done anything differently in this game you lost?" Absolutely pointless.

Yes but we are excusing how bad that one was. I already came into it with basement level expectations.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Chedney Honks on May 16, 2021, 04:40:31 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/shocking-glasgow-brawl-sees-thugs-24117883

Football isn't the same without the fans.

What better way to celebrate?

if this is how Rangers fans celebrate their title during a pandemic, I dread to think what might have happened without restrictions! some clean-up for the council today

again, what I find more galling than the fans' behaviour (which is unsurprising) is the club's weak messaging. their siege mentality prevents them from saying anything to upset the fans. the message could've been short and sweet: "do not celebrate together in large groups, especially not near the stadium or in Glasgow." instead like last time it was irresponsible mealy-mouthed pish letting themselves and fans off the hook

notjosh

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2021, 07:38:19 PM

Absolute droid, rubbish, fuck off. They can't even hear you

They don't give a shit what the player wants to say, they just want to get their soundbite about what a special, emotional moment this is and how "this is football at it's best" so they've got some good content for their Best Sports Coverage BAFTA Submission Reel. These cunts need to be shut down at every opportunity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3xZyN5lUKE

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on May 16, 2021, 04:40:31 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/shocking-glasgow-brawl-sees-thugs-24117883

Football isn't the same without the fans.

What better way to celebrate?

Police : "This sort of behaviour isn't advised generally, but given the lockdown easing and in the spirit of camaraderie with fans celebrating the success of their football club, we are not seeking any individuals in relation to this matter. You got a problem with that, we'll fucking nab you"

El Unicornio, mang

https://twitter.com/stewartbrown84/status/1393661845324632065?s=20

Joyous, carnival atmosphere there.

I did have to laugh at the non-football fan commenting "So their team lost?". Bless.

Bronzy

GMTV

The Rangers players were drinking indoors too, flagrant breach of covid regulations.

bgmnts

Not only were they kicking each others' heads in, they were flouting covid regs!

Kankurette

Quote from: chveik on May 16, 2021, 01:53:36 AM
glad these cunts lost

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/21/leaks-show-chelsea-owner-abramovich-funded-israeli-settler-group
No wonder they're BFF with Rangers fans. Rangers fans do love a bit of Zionism.

An Israel flag in the bio of a British football fan is always a sign of extreme cuntitude, in my experience, especially when it's accompanied by the US and UK flags, and India sometimes as well, because they're the Good Brown People.

ETA: why would you fight when your team have won the league? It happened with Liverpool, it happened with Rangers. Why can't you just be happy? Why attack each other when you're on the same side? Maybe I'm too autistic/middle-class/female to get it, but I just don't get it. If and when Wednesday get promoted, I'd be crying tears of joy but I wouldn't want to get into a fight.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on May 16, 2021, 01:14:02 PM
ETA: why would you fight when your team have won the league? It happened with Liverpool, it happened with Rangers. Why can't you just be happy? Why attack each other when you're on the same side? Maybe I'm too autistic/middle-class/female to get it, but I just don't get it. If and when Wednesday get promoted, I'd be crying tears of joy but I wouldn't want to get into a fight.

Just a mob innit. Humans are like chimps, put a large group males together and there are going to be fights. There are a lot of cunts out there I think just get involved in football so they have an excuse to hate and get violent, its basically religion.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on May 16, 2021, 01:14:02 PM
No wonder they're BFF with Rangers fans. Rangers fans do love a bit of Zionism.

An Israel flag in the bio of a British football fan is always a sign of extreme cuntitude, in my experience, especially when it's accompanied by the US and UK flags, and India sometimes as well, because they're the Good Brown People.

Alcohol plus Class A stimulants would be enough for your grandad to be swinging crickets bats at your niece's 7th birthday party.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on September 07, 1989, 11:33:49 AM
Just a mob innit. Humans are like chimps, put a large group males together and there are going to be fights. There are a lot of cunts out there I think just get involved in football so they have an excuse to hate and get violent, its basically religion.

Kankurette

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2021, 02:20:44 PM
Alcohol plus Class A stimulants would be enough for your grandad to be swinging crickets bats at your niece's 7th birthday party.
My maternal grandad was batshit mental, I wouldn't have put that past him. Even without alcohol.

I wish the cunts would go fight somewhere else tbh, some of us just like the game for what it is and want to watch it without getting into bullshit fights. I don't like Liverpool or Sheffield United but I'm not going to go and knife one of their fans.

mr. logic

Don't remember Liverpool fans rioting when they won the league.